(PvP) Gearing up resto druid - need help!

Hey guys!

I'm currently gearing up my resto druid for PvP. I don't have access to any items that require arena rating at this moment, but will probably get access to them soonish.

- The Wintergrasp PvP items (leggings, bracers, boots, belt) - how good are they compared to the Furious bracers/belt/boots and the Deadly Leggings? I see that the Wintergrasp items has haste instead of spirit, but I have no idea which is better for PvP. I'm thinking that haste is generally better, but I'm not too sure. Halp!

- What is the best way to get hitcapped? I'm tired of my cyclone missing at crucial moments.

- How much Spell pen is needed to stop resists? 75?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: (PvP) Gearing up resto druid - need help!

Thanks a lot!! Some extremely good info on that page! :-*

No problem. I find it hard to really find good information on how to gear up as a resto druid. Noone rlly bother to reply anyone who might ever ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife
    - The Wintergrasp PvP items (leggings, bracers, boots, belt) - how good are they compared to the Furious bracers/belt/boots and the Deadly Leggings? I see that the Wintergrasp items has haste instead of spirit, but I have no idea which is better for PvP. I'm thinking that haste is generally better, but I'm not too sure. Halp!
    There are ones with hit rating as well and this is a very good way to get hit capped early on. The haste ones are ok if you haven't got others to replace them with, but generally haste isn't all that crucial for a resto druid in PvP. IMO the stat priority should be something like:
    Get resilience above 1000
    Get SP above 2500
    Get enough regen to last (I find ~250 MP5 in combat is enough)
    Get hit capped
    Get spell pen capped
    Then, SP > resil > haste.

- What is the best way to get hitcapped? I'm tired of my cyclone missing at crucial moments.
    See above. Other ways are the PvP off-set pieces, such as the rings, neck and cape.

- How much Spell pen is needed to stop resists? 75?
    Yes, 75 spell pen is best to counter druid MOTW (this is something I need to work on).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Well imo the above poster has the priorities wrong, but yea...Anyways, Resil doesnt need to be 1k. You will hit close to 1k resil in FULL relentless. But since your just gearing up, i would hit 800resil, get hit capped, spell pen, then stack full Sp gems.

And in all honesty mmo-champ isnt the best place to ask pvp questions. But that aside just look at high rated druids playing your comp and see what kinda of gear they use. And if you have any questions about your comp, make a lvl 1 on a server that has a high rated druid and ask questions, ive found many skilled ppl that are willing to tell you some tips/hints on how to arena.

I use hit neck/cape and of course the relentless ring for my hit cap.
    For spellpen i use the pvp spellpen OH and the cloak chant, which is a bit over kill but im ok with it.

Regarding haste, haste atm has no pvp value for druids. However this will greatly change when 3.3 comes, so just keep that in mind when you are able to get your 1800 wep/OH.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/ is your friend =)

basicly you want to get all the honour gear you can that dont require rating.
    try to then get rating and upgrade your gear.
    its always a good idea to be honour capped when you have all the gear you can purcase at any moment in time for when you have new gear to purcase.
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004
    Well imo the above poster has the priorities wrong, but yea...Anyways, Resil doesnt need to be 1k. You will hit close to 1k resil in FULL relentless. But since your just gearing up, i would hit 800resil, get hit capped, spell pen, then stack full Sp gems.
    I don't even have full relentless and I sit at just over 1200 resil. I see most high rated druids sit with a bit less resilience (around 1000) but I quite like having the extra gear to help against the burst of some comps. It's probably compensating for the fact that I'm hardly a great PvP player, but given the OP is starting out he's probably in a similar situation. Hence I still recommend getting your resilience as high as you can, at least until you can afford it to be lower.

And in all honesty mmo-champ isnt the best place to ask pvp questions.
    Agreed.

Regarding haste, haste atm has no pvp value for druids.
    I wouldn't say it has 'no' PvP value. It's still good to get your heals out faster and reduce the GCD.

However this will greatly change when 3.3 comes, so just keep that in mind when you are able to get your 1800 wep/OH.
    Why do you say it will greatly change with 3.3? Just because of the GOTEM change?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Thanks for all the advice, guys! I'm working on getting hitcapped and spell pen capped atm. Slowly getting my gear together

Thanks again!! ;D