Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tank Paladin Build - Need Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    Maxing out Imp BoM is a little pointless imo, since there will often be someone else to do the buff. That's picky though. The Avenger's Shield glyph is baffling though. This really gimps AS for trash pulls, all for slightly more burst threat on a boss pull. Not really worth it, especially since that slot could be use for the Salvation glyph, which really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootofalleli
    Maxing out Imp BoM is a little pointless imo, since there will often be someone else to do the buff.
    In 25 instances it's usually rather pointless, but it can be good for 10 mans, if you don't have a Ret or an Offwarrior with a skilled buff.

Maxing out Imp BoM is a little pointless imo, since there will often be someone else to do the buff. That's picky though. The Avenger's Shield glyph is baffling though. This really gimps AS for trash pulls, all for slightly more burst threat on a boss pull. Not really worth it, especially since that slot could be use for the Salvation glyph, which really helps.
    Thats depends on your situation, if youre in a 25 man raiding guild and you know which people will always be with you then yeah if other people provide the buff its useless. But there is also people (like me) who dont have the time (anymore) to be in a serious raiding guild. I basicly always invite some friends and pug the rest when i raid. And i mostly raid 10 mans, i use this build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0t...dxsr0bc:pGNzmc

What i can get instead is 2% mana reduction on instants or 1sec less cd on judge, and 1% crit. Not exactly game breaking stuff, and when theres no one else providing imp might or imp bs then its a nice buff to the raid/party to have specced imp might.

Btw. this thread reminded me. While some of the builds in this thread arent my personal prefference it can definatly get worse. I was pugging ToC10 normal on an alt, the raid and the leader already seemed very unorganized before starting. When i inspected the pala mt i saw he specced into Eye for an eye....... At this point i proceeded to laugh and leave the raid to avoid getting saved on beasts only or something like that if they would have even downed it.

There's nothing wrong with maxing out Imp BoM as you need to fart 4 points somewhere in the first two tiers of ret to get to the good stuff. Your options are heart of the crusade (also covered by several classes), benediction (worthless), and a second point in imp judge (also worthless). You can spend those 4 points anywhere, assuming you have 1/2 imp judge and 5/5 deflection, any other combo in the first two tiers of ret doesn't matter.

Glyph of AS is pretty bad. It's an incredibly minor dps increase versus the other options. Your third glyph slot is optional but in reality, salv is better then anything else.