Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 277 tier. now that's wassup

from what i understood, you have to have the 10 man tier to upgrade to the 25 man/10 heroic tier. then for the 25 man hard mode....no idea, but it seems tokens are back, but i don't know whether or not you need previous tier pieces to get the top end shit.

anyway, the reason i was discussing icon color was because the 3 levels of tier all had different colored icons that matched a different colored set. so going off of those icons, 277 tier was the badass looking dark red/black tier, not the prissy green and pink shit.
    BfA Beta Time

Skarrd//
    I was thinking about the 258 pieces but wouldn't 2 pieces of 251-t10 be better than 2/4pc 258-T9 because of the set bonus and better stat distribution? [for arcane at least]

Swizzle//
    As of now in PTR, yes the 277 is the badass black. Another good news is that the green and pink one is nowhere to be seen. Not on the sets, or badge gear or the off-set gear that is shown on frontpage.

And yes, the ilv277 is also obtained via upgrade. The sets are displayed in a Kirin Tor ring style except for the fact that instead of gold, you hand in a token [a heroic version of the token for ilv277]
    That makes me wonder, does the Kirin Tor rings keep the enchants [if your a enchanter of course] even after upgrading it? I expect not
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

15+ Year Old Account

as far as i would conjecture, i would say they wouldn't keep enchants. but if you had the money to waste (that's right, i said it) on those rings, then i'd wager you had the extra mats to enchant it again.

anyway, i have seen items called "sanctified regalia of the ________", so i would assume it's the same as the current 258 tier. what i don't know is whether or not it will require you to have the previous level of tier to upgrade. one thing i do know is that those tokens won't just drop off of the last boss of ICC, but off of 5 bosses on heroic version. if i had to wager a guess, i'd have to say off of heroic arthas, sindragosa, blood queen, professor putricide, plus another. the last boss for drops is most likely deathbringer saurfang, but keep in mind these are all swizzle conjectures, so the tokens could just drop off of arthas...which would blow monkey shit.
    BfA Beta Time

One question I would like to ask is what which piece will you guys be aiming for first? I also wonder how long it will take to get a full set.
    Considering the fact that those dedicated enough can get the daily heroic, random and weekly raid done and that picking up the 10-man version isn't a waste, I'd wager a bit faster than T9 took.

Swizzle//
    Looks like I didn't make myself clear. Yes, you'll need to have the previous tier to upgrade into 277 here

as you can see the first version [251] requires emblems. 264 requires a token and 251 piece. 277 requires a heroic token and 264 piece

I'll also point out that the 264 and 277 has the same name, sanctified bloodmage, just like 245 and 258 were both named 'triumphant'

and please no monkey shit :'( not that I'm too worried, it's already been found out that Arthas drops .5 higher tier gear so it would be sensless to make the heroic tokens drop only from him also.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

You may be right, 2pc t10 (251) will probably be better than 4pc t9 (258). I don't think I'll end up with many more 258 tokens (one atm) so it's not really a concern of mine I suppose. I just really do not want to enchant gear for a week then scrap it a week later 5 different times.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    One question I would like to ask is what which piece will you guys be aiming for first? I also wonder how long it will take to get a full set.
    Considering the fact that those dedicated enough can get the daily heroic, random and weekly raid done and that picking up the 10-man version isn't a waste, I'd wager a bit faster than T9 took.

Swizzle//
    Looks like I didn't make myself clear. Yes, you'll need to have the previous tier to upgrade into 277 here

as you can see the first version [251] requires emblems. 264 requires a token and 251 piece. 277 requires a heroic token and 264 piece

I'll also point out that the 264 and 277 has the same name, sanctified bloodmage, just like 245 and 258 were both named 'triumphant'

and please no monkey shit :'( not that I'm too worried, it's already been found out that Arthas drops .5 higher tier gear so it would be sensless to make the heroic tokens drop only from him also.
    really hard to tell which piece i would pick up first without knowing a better list of loot. currently, i have helm/shoulders/chest/legs in a BiS setup with the heroic version of Gunship Captain's Mittens. since i have the 258 helm, i know that won't be first on the list. probably the shoulders, since they are a point for point upgrade from t9.

thanks for the clarification on tier purchasing, i've been shit busy in school this week and haven't patched my ptr, so i can't go find things out for myself. and since i haven't been following drops THAT closely, i didn't know the stuff bout arthas other than the fact that he drops a decent axe.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    I disagree, actually. All the scrub guilds who can't down anub don't deserve the 258 tier pieces, however, they could have at least given us 5 bosses worth of tier pieces from anub instead of 4 max.
    Ah yes, but elitism aside, if you down 4/5 and continue to disenchant nearly every off-set piece that drops because it's simply not worth using over losing a set bonus then the design is clearly flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    Ah yes, but elitism aside, if you down 4/5 and continue to disenchant nearly every off-set piece that drops because it's simply not worth using over losing a set bonus then the design is clearly flawed.
    Well, considering this is the first instance they've even put heroic level set pieces in, it's not as stupid. People have been downgrading for set bonuses since forever, it's sort of the point of the bonuses (to make you use your set). That isn't to say it's ever been perfect, but if they put the tier pieces on every boss we'd probably be nearing d/e level for the heroic tokens. We have a number of guilds on my server with 4/5 down, and a decent bit more with 1/5-3/5 down. None of them will (ever) down anub in their current states, and don't deserve the tokens, imo. Maybe when they all have their best-in-slots from pre-anub they'll make some progress...

huh? we were talking about icons?

I don't know about the others but I was refering to what will be appearing on our chars
    Wait a minute... the 3 types of T10 will have different colors? wawawiwa!

The ugly(imo.) green one posted on mmo a week or two ago will be 251?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Wait a minute... the 3 types of T10 will have different colors? wawawiwa!

The ugly(imo.) green one posted on mmo a week or two ago will be 251?
    ...Another good news is that the green and pink one is nowhere to be seen. Not on the sets, or badge gear or the off-set gear that is shown on frontpage....

Oh my gawd!! Woooooohooooooo! Screenshots PLS!!!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Oh my gawd!! Woooooohooooooo! Screenshots PLS!!!
    10m:http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5374/wowscrnshot112709111404.jpg
    25m: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9527/wowscrnshot112709111414.jpg
    hm: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7873/wowscrnshot112709111434.jpg

edit.
    removed img tags because of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by sebas
    10m:http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5374/wowscrnshot112709111404.jpg
    25m: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9527/wowscrnshot112709111414.jpg
    hm: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7873/wowscrnshot112709111434.jpg
    Awesome thx!

Oh 25m is indeed the one we saw on mmo-c 1-2 weeks ago :-/

But hm looks really sweet
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

That was really crappe graphics settings!

Can you do the same for the warrior sets? :-*

really dig the coloring of the HM version, gief asap

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    Can you do the same for the warrior sets? :-*
    on the mage forums? why not i say!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    rofl <3

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    She gave you a kiss! How can you be so heartless?!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!