Thread: PvE Spell Pen?

PvE Spell Pen?

So I don't know the numbers at all for this kind of thing, which is why I'm coming to all of you. We were in ToGC today, and I decided to look at my combat log. Mathin's Arcane Blast hits Anub'Arak for ~12000(1476 resisted)(Critical) I looked through my log and saw that all of the bosses were resisting small amounts of my spells. So the idea popped into my head that it would not be a bad idea to get a little bit of spell pen... What do you guys think? maybe just 20 spell pen to try and over come these annoying resists

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvE Spell Pen?

no
    BfA Beta Time

That has been said a couple of times, spellpen reduces the target's resistance to your spells, doesn't have any effect on most boss. Due to that fact, spell penetration is not usefull at all.

Quoting Roywyn from EJ forums:

Partial Resists
    Every spell with a damage component can now be partially resisted.
    Level-based partial resists are still in the game, but do not follow the strict 25%/50%/75% pattern any more.
    It seems to be 10%/20%/30% for mobs slightly above you, and scales up to 60%/70%/75% for mobs far above you.
    Spell penetration was tested to still have no impact, it is still completely useless except for one or two fights.

Perhaps you could use some penetration on faction champions, but I don't think that would make a difference.

I'm happy that Spellpen is not needed in PVE, but I'm getting tired of the whole PVE vs. PVP balancing.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!