10+ Year Old Account

Don't make me throw my libram at you

Quick question, is there anyway to macro my seals with the librams I wan to use at the moment, ie Valiance with my SoV, and Deadly with my SoComm? I use SoComm for trash mobs and normally start out with CS. I just figged I could try to get the most out of my attacks.
    Xun naut treemma l'olath, treemma nindel vel'bolen wayc'er wun l'olath

Re: Don't make me throw my libram at you

Here's one of the macros I use for seal/libram swapping. Just match up the seal of choice with the libram of choice, and throw in your preferred sound file (or don't use one at all).

#shotooltip Seal of Corruption
    /cast Seal of Corruption
    /equip Libram of Valiance
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_12.wav")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you sir, I had just figured it out and then decided to delete my post. Sound could be fun.

10+ Year Old Account

keep in mind that libram procs are all exclusive with each other. Meaning that you can only have 1 libram proc up at a time. (i.e. XXXXXX Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude proc cannot be active at the same time as the Libram of Valiance proc.)

Libram Twisting with librams such as the one that adds base damage to your divine storm (cant remember the name) is possible though, as the libram doesnt give you a buff.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

/cast [mod:shift] Seal of Corruption;
    /equip [mod:shift] Libram of Valiance
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Seal of Righteousness;
    /cast [mod:alt] Seal of Command
    /equip [mod:alt] Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude
    /cast [target=player] Blessing of Might

My personal favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStag
    Quick question, is there anyway to macro my seals with the librams I wan to use at the moment, ie Valiance with my SoV, and Deadly with my SoComm? I use SoComm for trash mobs and normally start out with CS. I just figged I could try to get the most out of my attacks.
    I really don't get why people worry about using SoC for trash. The difference between SoV and SoC on trash is definitely there, but if the thing lives long enough to get 5 stacks of vengeance on it then vengeance is the better way to go. If it doesn't live long enough to get 5 stacks of vengeance on it then it really doesn't matter how much dps you had on it cause it was obviously going to die anyways.

My retribution build simply doesn't have the points needed for SoC and the dps difference isn't that huge on trash. Not to mention, with the strength libram as long as you are hitting SoV procs every 8 seconds you pretty much are guaranteed the strength it offers and its not that unusual to be hitting SoV procs every 8 seconds even on trash.

Also, it should be noted that every time you use a switch libram macro it automatically cancels out whatever ability you are casting (although instant casts with are 99.9% of all abilities retribution uses still land). You also lose a white hit when using the macro.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for all the input again. I only use it on trash before I get to the boss. If the boss is surrounded by adds, I don't even worry about Command, I just use Vengeance. I know that the dps is wasted swapping librams in combat.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Also, it should be noted that every time you use a switch libram macro it automatically cancels out whatever ability you are casting (although instant casts with are 99.9% of all abilities retribution uses still land). You also lose a white hit when using the macro.
    Not if you place the /equip line after casting the seal. Like the 2nd poster showed. My macro is very similar:

#showtooltip: Seal of Vengeance
    /cast Seal of Vengeance
    /equip Libram of Valiance

And same for Command/Righteousness/Gladiator's libram.

At first I had the equip part first, but it indeed fucked up my casting and sometimes didn't even switch the seal. But now the libram swapping goes nicely during a global cooldown.

And about the trash seal - often using Seal of Righteousness on single targets that die too fast for SoV gives better results than SoC because of the much more powerful Judgement. However, against 2 or more targets SoC is the clear winner.

15+ Year Old Account

I really don't get why people worry about using SoC for trash. The difference between SoV and SoC on trash is definitely there, but if the thing lives long enough to get 5 stacks of vengeance on it then vengeance is the better way to go. If it doesn't live long enough to get 5 stacks of vengeance on it then it really doesn't matter how much dps you had on it cause it was obviously going to die anyways.

TL;DR version: Why should I preform at my best, when I can do worse without putting forth effort.

I perfer using seal of wisdom on bosses epic crits, cause i don't know how to change seals.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

i might be reading this wrong, but are you trying to libram swap like, during a fight so you can have say the base damage one on CS and DS and the str buff?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

i have no clue about what is going on here, but five star for the title.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

15+ Year Old Account

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /Cast [button:1] Seal of Righteousness; [button:2] Seal of Corruption; [button:3] Seal of Command
    /Equip [button:1] Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude; [button:2] Libram of Valiance ; [button:3] Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude
    ^
    like this?
    just switch [button :1-2-3] for whatever you like
    i prefer to click my seal :P