Want bs+jc but don't feel motivated :(

My holy pala is now lvl 80 with bs (100 skill lvl) and jc (0 skill lvl).

I migrated my other chars away from my palas realm to play with friends, sitting arround 2300 gold and only dailys as income i am a bit scared of starting to lvl the proffessions as i want to keep my gold from dropping too low.

I know if i lvl both at the same time i probably will loose lot of gold before reaching 400+ (where i can start earning some again), but it might be better to lvl one first, earn a chunk and then lvl the other =/

I have lvl'd jc before and then i used 1k gold and farmed 3 days (8 hours game time or so) to get 420.
    I have never had any experience with bs, only looked at some guides to see what mats i need.

I'm on kazzak allies high population. Prices are decent (bit less than the average afaik).

So what do you guys suggest i do?

Re: Want bs+jc but don't feel motivated :(

If I were you with such a little amount of gold in stock and no alt with mining i would have had leveled JC first. That profession is really money making !. Then I would have had started leveling up BS when I was about 3-4k.

But seriously! Just put some time on the AH and soon you will be rich enough to level JC and BS on 10 toons. You should just learn how to play with that precious thing called AH !
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

15+ Year Old Account

Here's a tip: Grab a DK. Don't intend on levelling it up too much, just get out of the starter zone, pick up mining and start grinding. If you can support or at least supplement your
    JC to 300 you'll save a lot of cash, same thing goes for BS. Then, depending on fel iron prices you may want to stick to grinding hellfire for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    If I were you with such a little amount of gold in stock and no alt with mining i would have had leveled JC first. That profession is really money making !. Then I would have had started leveling up BS when I was about 3-4k.

But seriously! Just put some time on the AH and soon you will be rich enough to level JC and BS on 10 toons. You should just learn how to play with that precious thing called AH !
    Thx, will proably do as you say with going for lvling jc then earn me some gold again before i level bs. As for AH usage i could go try make som gold without proffessions, but not being very active, neither experienced i won't probably get much gold out of it, tho when i get jc up it will be needed ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by ponth
    Here's a tip: Grab a DK. Don't intend on levelling it up too much, just get out of the starter zone, pick up mining and start grinding. If you can support or at least supplement your
    JC to 300 you'll save a lot of cash, same thing goes for BS. Then, depending on fel iron prices you may want to stick to grinding hellfire for a while.
    Good input, tho i don't intend to farm any mats, done it before and it's just not worth my daily time anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

The difficulty with blacksmithing will be skill-ups between 250-300. The amount of mithril and thorium required is significant, and the relative scarcity on most AHs means brutal prices. On my server I see mithril selling for between 60-80g a stack on good days, while thorium is 100g+ per stack.

In all honesty, I'd suggest following ponth's advice, at least until you've cleared the 300 hurdle. Mithril and thorium are actually very easy to farm. A few hours in Silithus on a Saturday or Sunday morning and you'll have all the thorium you need without spending a copper.

You'll need a lot of low-level metals for JC, as you're 0 level. Again, levelling mining on a DK alt will mean that buying copper (for example) for ridiculous prices from the AH - when it is found in abundance within every starter zone - is unnecessary.

Mining benefits both BS and JC and is a useful moneymaker in its own right. I took that route when leveling both those professions, and it literally saved me thousands of gold.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.