Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: ___Fix Balance DPS -> Here's How!___

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    And no 1 is comparing to ppl ( classes ) with better gear ( much better ), im saying we have lower dps with significantly better gear then other dps classes....
    That's just incorrect sorry chap. If you find that to be true for you , I would strongly suggest you try harder ( This is not an attack on you , I just would not like to see a new druid looking for balance advice see your post and be discourage'd.)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I am NOT well versed on resto - in fact i know next to nothing about healing as resto, but i would assume that natures grace is only really good when spamming nourish (disregarding the upcoming rejuv glyph). So imagine a resto popping a few dots, throwing around a few nourishes, and then NG (+effect) procs, and they redo their hots with the added bonus. Could work, but it requires a lot of work.
    Mostly all Restoration Druids will aim for 800+ haste rating (not sure what the exact number is) for making their GCD 1 second, since GotEM affects all our spells with 10% additional haste rating. Therefor we will anyway hit that 800 rating, and our Nourish (with a cast time on 1.5 seconds) will become 1 second like out hots, so that will make NG useless if you have this cap. Except for if you like casting with 0.8 in speed, and wait last 0.2 seconds for next cast.

So you got Restoration Druids behind your back ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    That's just incorrect sorry chap. If you find that to be true for you , I would strongly suggest you try harder ( This is not an attack on you , I just would not like to see a new druid looking for balance advice see your post and be discourage'd.)
    To play as moonkin is not nuclear physics. We need to keep an eye on few things. I know how to play as moonkin and in raids i'm in top6 ( usually on 6th place ). My highest bursts are about 6.6Kdps ( with wiseeclipse ) while mages, locks, rogues, hunters and even dps warriors have 20% more dps.Moonkin dps is based on procs and if we dont have procs ( lunar ) our dps will drop a lot ( few 100's or even more ). So not having a lunar eclipse proc in 30sec is stupid. If its based on luck ( and it is ) ok, but when shaman pops hero/BL and u get lunar eclipse proc at the last few sec it is frustrating.

And as for new druid i just have to say lol

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Mostly all Restoration Druids will aim for 800+ haste rating (not sure what the exact number is) for making their GCD 1 second, since GotEM affects all our spells with 10% additional haste rating. Therefor we will anyway hit that 800 rating, and our Nourish (with a cast time on 1.5 seconds) will become 1 second like out hots, so that will make NG useless if you have this cap. Except for if you like casting with 0.8 in speed, and wait last 0.2 seconds for next cast.

So you got Restoration Druids behind your back ^^
    Really? So resto's doesn't actually take NG? Well, i learn something every day, eh? :P

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    To play as moonkin is not nuclear physics. We need to keep an eye on few things. I know how to play as moonkin and in raids i'm in top6 ( usually on 6th place ). My highest bursts are about 6.6Kdps ( with wiseeclipse ) while mages, locks, rogues, hunters and even dps warriors have 20% more dps.Moonkin dps is based on procs and if we dont have procs ( lunar ) our dps will drop a lot ( few 100's or even more ). So not having a lunar eclipse proc in 30sec is stupid. If its based on luck ( and it is ) ok, but when shaman pops hero/BL and u get lunar eclipse proc at the last few sec it is frustrating.

And as for new druid i just have to say lol
    Id like to see your armory, and hopefully a few logs if you could, so we could fix your DPS

Deleted

if you are capping out at 6.6k and you are sure you're getting the best rotation in I would suggest it's a possible gear issue , you shouldn't be capping out so low. Pushing into 7k once you have the gear for it is easily enough done when thinkin in terms of 258/245 gear.

We all know it's not nuclear physics to play a balance druid that's why I said "This is NOT an attack on you" . But saying that you cap at 6.6k is a problem for YOU not for balance druids. Sorry again if you take offense if you give us something to look at we might be able to give some advice as to why you are hitting those figures when other balance druids are getting more.

I never understood why starfire got a 100% chance and wrath only a 60% chance to proc Eclipse!?

In my opinion they could push wrath to 30/60/100% chance because it is already limited by the 30sec cooldown. This would help to switch from one eclipse to the other more smoothly and lower the RNG factor quiet a bit. I don't think our dps would raise above pure dps classes and it would make the moonkin rotation a little more predictable. If your crit rating is low you could also miss a few seconds between each eclipse state but it would still be better than now.

Deleted

I think it's in relation to the casting speed of the spells as to why that is. Which does make sense in the long wrong.

Actually I'm pretty confident that it is :P It does make sense considering wrath raid buffed is 1 second cast starfire is roughly 2 seconds so they take similar times to proc each eclipse and are similar in RnG.