Icecrown loots; no love for ele?

So, icecrown loots are updated and according to boubouille, its pretty much the ''final'' version.
    I've noticed that there's only 1 Mail spell loot out, the rest is either phys dps(enhance) or mp5 (resto)
    I know that theres the craftable items and the badges, but it kinda blows.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Icecrown loots; no love for ele?

Look what we have here, another update of Icecrown Citadel loot! This is most likely the last one before the patch hits the live realms and I'll deploy the final Patch 3.3 information pages on the site in the next few days.
    Reading.Is.Hard.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Reading.Is.Hard.
    What?

well not to be a stickler but toc was full of mail and various spell mail

Take a look at the bosses in the loot list and you will see that we only have loot from eight of the twelve bosses in Icecrown Citadel.
    And upon further investigation you will see that we don't even have the full loot list of those eight.

How this could confuse you is beyond me.
    Culto, the goblin undead warlock!
    Fuck it. I'm not waiting that long.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by romant
    Considering like only one piece (Boots) was properly itemized for elemental shaman.

This is nothing new. In ToC 25, there were 5 or 6 mail pieces with spell power on them, and only one had no mp5 (boots). In ToC 10, there was only one mail piece with spell power and no mp5 (shoulders).

Of the currently known drops, in ICC 25 we have 6 mail pieces with spell power and only one has no mp5 on it (shoulder). IN ICC 10, we have 5 mail pieces with spell power and only one has no mp5 (gloves).

Of course, with current gear levels, resto shaman have the following gearing priority: haste>sp>crit>int>mp5, and elemental have sp>haste>crit>int>mp5. (Notice that these are essentially the same).

Holy paladins, on the other hand, have the following priority (if I understand it correctly from my guild's holy pally):
    int>sp>haste>mp5>crit.

So what we're seeing is mail gear itemized for paladins.

Ironically, of the plate drops with spell power (of which we know 8 from ICC 25), there are 4 with mp5, and 4 without.

We have plate itemized for shaman, and mail itemized for paladins.
    Perhaps we will see Icecrown geared paladin wearing mail, and shaman wearing ... cloth (but what else is new).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

It's always been this way... There will never be a time where we will have a complete Mail set.. never.

But I'm ok with it... because some of the gear is very good, like the heroic leather pants from Anub, I'm using them now, they're great! ;D

10+ Year Old Account

.. You're kidding right?
    Plenty of mail dps, heck the only 2 mail SP gear is haste / crit ( :[ for restos without duel solace)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesz
    .. You're kidding right?
    Plenty of mail dps, heck the only 2 mail SP gear is haste / crit ( :[ for restos without duel solace)
    Which instance are you talking about? :P
    Even without solace you shouldn't want mp5.
    Me, I'm going to enjoy getting a staff and laughing everytime my Val'kyr procs (lack of MH caster weapon without mp5 and crit or spirit and haste...so far)
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by romant
    What ToC where you in? Ele has 1 gear option for many slots.