Thread: Disc Trinkets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disc Trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    That's interesting. My gear is still old-content (offspec) and I don't get to see solace trinkets, but I'd like to convert to throughput if I could. What kind of penance / FH crit numbers are you seeing ?
    In current gear, all gems moved to SP, I'm running 2986 SP (3160 w/ Inner Fire). Buffed SP varies of course dependant on raid makeup - I'll check recount later and post avg FH / Penance yield with a fixed SP.

For now, I'm off to a friend's house to preview some matches of this cool new rated BG that Blizzard has been hiding... Kind of strange, 11 x 11 team layout sort of like EotS in that it's a capture-the-flag sort of game, but on a rectangular field with no obstacles, and melee-only (pisses me off that there's some sort of aura that prevents casters from participating!). Weirdest thing? If someone gets injured (which they frown upon???) they actually stop the game -- the opponent team doesn't go for the kill -- and they bring in healers from the sideline. I mean, c'mon Blizz... wtf are you thinking?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

That's interesting. My gear is still old-content (offspec) and I don't get to see solace trinkets, but I'd like to convert to throughput if I could. What kind of penance / FH crit numbers are you seeing ?
    I run at around 3.3k SP raid buffed. You can expect 7.5k FH crits, 15k GH crits, 5.5k Penance crit ticks. I mention GH because once you're in 245 there's almost no way to avoid Haste. My current set has 605 haste, which means using Borrowed Time for Flash Heal is no longer an option, so GH is used after PW:S. GH is a bit more acceptable when you're down at around a 1.5-1.6 cast time with BT. Just don't spam it, you'll wind up with lower HPS numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistoe
    Keep in mind that as disc priests we have a throughput deficit that no other healing specs have, since we have no talent that converts a primary stat directly into spell power.
    They're also at a massive advantage in that Disc never needs to slow down. When absorbs are included only Paladin is ahead on effective value as a tank healer. In any fight where raid shielding becomes an option Disc becomes obscene very quickly as can be seen on Valk's where 10k+ heals + absorbs takes little to no effort. The scaling issues are overstated when tank healing and really only apply when spot healing. We make up for them when raid shielding due to having an OP 1 second GCD shield. We make up for them when tank healing by working around the GCD cap issue with GH. Crit scaling is also fine when tank healing. Yes, you do need to work around the spellpower gap, but Disc is allowed to, no other healers really can.

At 3.6k SP tonight, on myself w/ grace fully stacked, was hitting avg 6k penance crits and 8k flashes. Was 10-man w/ poor synergy tonight though -- lacking some buffs, would be higher on targets w/ increased healing taken, or if we'd had a tree / protadin in raid.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I myself am running with Binding Light and Talisman of Resurgence and I find them to be a great combo for longer fights.

Quote Originally Posted by caintic
    I myself am running with Binding Light and Talisman of Resurgence and I find them to be a great combo for longer fights.
    MP5 trinkets are pretty bad, especially the ones from ToC as the on-use is weak too (it's a lot of spellpower when fully stacked - unfortunately it takes precious time to stack up, and most of the time when you use a spellpower on-use it's a "omg I need more throughput NOW" button).

What are your other options? If you find yourself needing more mana, I would think Tears of the Vanquished or Spark of Hope to be better options than Binding Light (even the heroic version). Not to mention that going OOM as disc is pretty difficult unless you're carrying other healers, so using something like Eye of the Broodmother is a good idea.

i say , best trinkets for disc priest is and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47432 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45490

Quote Originally Posted by sssamppa
    i say , best trinkets for disc priest is and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47432 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45490
    'best trinket' will always depend on what specifically you're needing to augment. If you need to enhance mana longevity with your trinkets, these are both great choices (though http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 is far, far better than plea)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic