Thread: Ret DPS Sucks

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ret DPS Sucks

That Post title was an open invitation to the halfwit population of mmo ^^

If i leave the obvious gear upgrades, being on snobold duty will hit your dps, but if the snoboled people runs to the boss, you'll be able to focus nuke them very fast (and keep stacks on both boss and adds)

Command won't work. Paladins overdps'ed by everyone is bullshit. But i am consistently under 5k on beasts, over 5k on anub, between 7 and 9 on twins... who cares?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by psych.
    definite l2p issue idd.

besides.
    are u and ur guildies total noobs? if ranged get a snobold on them, they have to move to the boss lol. for cleave dmg. ur guild doesnt understand that?
    I think i disagree, if Ranged/Healers come into Range of the Boss they get hit by his AoE move. Making healers unable to do their job and that can very easily cause everyone else in the Raid to go boom

*Sigh* I wished I typed faster, but here are my suggestions anyway:

You’re using the wrong meta gem. Trying to meet the 2 blue gem requirement is a DPS loss. Switch to the agility meta.

You are way over the hit cap.

You have no expertise. Do you ever check your logs or recount to see how many hits were dodged? If one of your swings is dodged while you’re building your SoV stack that’s another 2-3 seconds before you’re able to do full damage.

You haven’t put a belt buckle on your belt. That’s 20 strength.

You have enchanting as a profession, but I don’t see enchants on your rings.

Yeah, your pvp gear (and enchants) isn’t helping at all. There’s too much stat allocation to stamina and resilience so you lose out on every single DPS stat that matters.

I would drop a point in Divinity to pick up a point in Pursuit of Justice. PoJ is actually a DPS increase in situations where you have to run to or away from your target. It can also help you get to Icehowl before your stack drops after he does his massive crash.

Swap your glyph of avenging wrath for glyph of seal of vengeance. You need the expertise desperately anyway.

None of this begins to address your play style or your rotation because knowing how to gear and using the right spec is only half the battle (if that). For example, I don’t let my stack drop on Gormock when I’m DPSing the adds. I get one swing in a couple seconds before the stack is supposed to drop. On ToGC I’m instructed by my raid leader to not even switch to the adds since they usually die right as I get my 5th debuff.

IT BLEEDS!!!!

Why oh why dear lord? :-X

C'mon, take a look at your stats... says 0 expertise!!!

Know what expertise does? yeah, it avoids all your attacks from being dodged and parried... might help to hit the target eh?

Tbh, it really really saddens me to see SO many people playing Retlol who don't know shit about the class they are playing :'(

I mean last 2 days ive seen.... 10+ ret paladins claiming their dps sucks.. and the issue at all times were bad players!

Wake the fuck up! Ret is "faceroll" yes but thats just our rotation... playing a ret is more about the way you gear etc..

and Facerolling can be done pr0 and n00bish aswell

TLDR; L2P! (Pr0 tip: Read Elitistjerks for guides or just mmo for FAQ as it will help your "oh so bad dps" raise to sky lvls!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    I mean come on... "Ret DPS sucks" what are you still in TBC? >_<
    Retri dps does not suck.

L2P?? >
    This.

We have 2 ret palas in our weekly 25 man heroic ToC runs and they're both at the top/near the top all the time. Their single target dps is just great, and fights like Twins and Anub favor ret palas even more.

Definitely a gear/ l2p issue here.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by StormsEU
    Okay thanks, i know Greatness is the best Trinket but it also costs a LOT.
    And if i dont DPS the Snowbolds i get kicked from the group, you should know that if you've ever done ToC before lol
    on our 25 mans we usually have the range take out the snowbolds....
    and our melee stick on gormok..
    but then again ur Expertise is 0??
    thats why your dps isnt on par with the rest..
    get some more expertise..
    Thought it was 26 to never miss a Yellow attack (meaning special)
    but then again take the Glyph and get 16 expertise and you will see ur dps on par with your gear...

p.s if im incorrect of the expertise softcap i will stand corrected.. =)

our retlol in mostly 245/232 gear is doing about 6.8-7k, and constantly topping dmg on most other bossfights @ gormok.

yeah, ret dps sucks, clearly

15+ Year Old Account

I think i disagree, if Ranged/Healers come into Range of the Boss they get hit by his AoE move. Making healers unable to do their job and that can very easily cause everyone else in the Raid to go boom
    No. The healers get locked only if they're stupid enough to be casting when the boss does his stomp (which is announced in every boss mod there is). And if they're that retarded and can't stopcast, they deserve to be kicked.
    The aoe damage from the stomp isn't an issue. More than that, its impact on the raid performance is not even close to the tragedy of making melees run around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Yes yes, but thats really not a good enough answer tbh, this is why.
    Snowbolds are the biggest Problem* when they're on Ranged DPS and Healers, i need to run to THEM to attack the Snowbolds, therefore the boss is out of range. lol
    you should have the range with snobolds run into melee range, damn, even pugs do that basic tactic #1
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    This.

We have 2 ret palas in our weekly 25 man heroic ToC runs and they're both at the top/near the top all the time. Their single target dps is just great, and fights like Twins and Anub favor ret palas even more.

Definitely a gear/ l2p issue here.
    My gear isn't too bad, and i know how to play my Class. Im asking how i can improve my DPS, so far only about 3 comments have been helpful, they rest are from people like you who just say L2P, your OP. blah blah, and you're seriously 12. lol

Okay thanks, i know Greatness is the best Trinket but it also costs a LOT.
    And if i dont DPS the Snowbolds i get kicked from the group, you should know that if you've ever done ToC before lol
    And you should know that if your raid leader wants all dps to kill snobolds they should be brought to the melee.
    I honestly can't understand why your dps is so low, get rid of those str/stam gems, why you're gemming stam is beyond me.
    Get expertise, glyph of seal of vengeance is good (+10 expertise yumyumyum), glyph of AW is not as good.
    Maybe fix your rotation or something, you shouldn't be doing that badly.
    And finally Greatness does cost a lot, but it's a big dps boost, so it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    No. The healers get locked only if they're stupid enough to be casting when the boss does his stomp (which is announced in every boss mod there is). And if they're that retarded and can't stopcast, they deserve to be kicked.
    The aoe damage from the stomp isn't an issue. More than that, its impact on the raid performance is not even close to the tragedy of making melees run around.
    I guess its still an arguable tactic, ill have to talk about it with them. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Melane
    And you should know that if your raid leader wants all dps to kill snobolds they should be brought to the melee.
    I honestly can't understand why your dps is so low, get rid of those str/stam gems, why you're gemming stam is beyond me.
    Get expertise, glyph of seal of vengeance is good (+10 expertise yumyumyum), glyph of AW is not as good.
    Maybe fix your rotation or something, you shouldn't be doing that badly.
    And finally Greatness does cost a lot, but it's a big dps boost, so it's well worth it.
    2 Blues for the Meta, yes i will replace AW Glyph, ty

2 Blues for the Meta, yes i will replace AW Glyph, ty
    Change your meta to the agi/crit one, and then only need one blue, use a Nightmare Tear to get a gem bonus on one piece of gear and profit with that 20 extra str you'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Melane
    Change your meta to the agi/crit one, and then only need one blue, use a Nightmare Tear to get a gem bonus on one piece of gear and profit with that 20 extra str you'll get.
    Ah i see, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    pulled off 7.4k dps on jarraxus-25
    and 6.9 on anub-25
    and 6.3 on koraelon -25<--- simple tankspank btw
    Cool, can i see your Armory?

ret dps is fine.

7-8k beasts + jaraxxus,
    15k twins,
    9k anub.

the only thing where ret can't keep up is aoe with more than 4 targets.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

My gear isn't too bad, and i know how to play my Class. Im asking how i can improve my DPS, so far only about 3 comments have been helpful, they rest are from people like you who just say L2P, your OP. blah blah, and you're seriously 12. lol
    No.

You titled your thread "Ret DPS sucks" and then go blaming SoV/SoCorruption (which is awesome for PvE btw) when you should look into mirror instead.

Ret dps rotation is facerolling, but when you have expertise 0 and questionable glyphs, one has to wonder if you can even do that right. So no, I don't think you can play your class.

I suggest you swallow your pride and start looking into things people have suggested in this thread, and not resort into childish namecalling.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Ok im gonna risk being flamed here but different guilds, different tactics.

TOGC Melee dps killing snowbolds? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    If you don't like SoV use SoComm, it owns especially in fights were you have to switch target.
    If that's your main problem there is a good solution available. (I don't know how far everthing stands apart in ToC so I can't say if the cleave part of SoComm is additional damage too)

ps: wonder when the first start to flame SoComm use.. still in dungeon heroics I do more dps with SoComm then paladins with SoV even in single boss fights like Keristraza (Nexus).
    Be careful about where you use SoC. It's fine in 5 mans where nothing lives longer than 30 seconds, but there's rarely a reason to use it instead of SoV in raids. In ToC I can think of maybe 2 places you'd want to use it: during Faction Champions and (depending on your strategy) on the adds during the Anub fight. Even in those situations I use SoC briefly.