Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you deal with a Frost Mage?

Before Wotlk, after the barrier is down, ud inflict damage.
    Now, you're frozen.

Anyone have any tips on beating a frost mage?

The moment u trinket, he sheeps. Sheep has no cd so he'l do it again and evocate.

I guess my main problem seems to be shattered barrier

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How do you deal with a Frost Mage?

I try to not trinket UNTIL the sheep, and keep myself up with ER.
    After a sheep, pop the trinket, charge him, hammy him, and try and get rend off, I also try not to use both of my gap closers until he blinks, followed by a ham/bladestorm, he's pretty much done for.
    And don't forget to spell reflect. Him slowing/immobilizing himSELF is what you aim for with a frost mage.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

run in, bloodrage shieldslam, he blinks or frost nova's, i use charge, he blinks or frost nova's, i intercept. /win

can't you spell reflect sheep?

DPS the mage until he is forced to ice block then attack someone else until he gets rid of it or it wears off, then DPS him again til hes dead.

you didn't mention what class u play and all advices i've seen here are for the prot-warrior
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Ummm, it's in the warrior forums... sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus456
    How do you deal with a Frost Mage?
    I guees you dont, you just cross your fingers and pray they will be nerfed in near future.

sad explanations imho,

you should lose to a mage, especially with a healer behind him.

1 trinket. Spell reflect. thats all you really have. use them on big incoming nukes to help make him nervous, save your charges for when the roots break, spam hamstring as soon as your in range and hope for a Root proc, and dont Bladestorm (unless you have cancel aura macro, for the shattering throw) untill his blink / iceblock are on cd. i beat some mages but in arena when they have a healer behind em its pretty much a toss up.

What to do with a frost mage: beat it in the face with a baseball bat.. they dont seem to like it
    I've no idea what to write here.

you didn't mention what class u play and all advices i've seen here are for the prot-warrior
    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies > Forum > Wrath of the Lich King - Classes > Class - Warrior > Post reply ( Re: How do you deal with a Frost Mage? )

What indication do you have these advices are for prot warrs only? Clearly someone mentioning bladestorm means he is a prot warr.

10+ Year Old Account

Reclesness, Shield Block, Shield and shield slam(17k crit+) and a normal hit to finish :P

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    Reclesness, Shield Block, Shield and shield slam(17k crit+) and a normal hit to finish :P
    ss crits for 17k on a mage? as arms i rarely see crits on ss but thats becuase im too busy reflecting and "oh shit" buttoning against mages. Now locks... yum.

You don't, As a non druid melee you sit there and take it like you've never taken it before!

Or you get the jump force a blink charge and bladestorm but that wont work in arena because he'll be prepared.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Battle stance and try to spell reflect frost bolts, and deep freeze if hes blink is on cooldown and he just used nova on you. Basically you try to catch up with the mage while mitigating as much damage as possible till he either screws up, no more cooldowns or goes oom.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

as Arms it is nearly impossible if gear is equal. Run in, don't charge in, only bladestorm after blink.

As Prot:

run in, save charge/intercept for nova, reflect when he casts sheep, stun when in close range
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Quote Originally Posted by Endlaw
    ss crits for 17k on a mage? as arms i rarely see crits on ss but thats becuase im too busy reflecting and "oh shit" buttoning against mages. Now locks... yum.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuJmsQv6nM
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

trick from swifty:
    start in berserker stance, bloodrage and intercept, once he blinks, quickly charge, and bladestorm because he will most likely freeze you down. That is the quickest way of getting him to iceblock, after that just repeat. The tough mages are the ones that have really good equip, so that they don't need to blink or iceblock at all.
    after he's in iceblock, cancel bladestorm, and run away because he will very likely frostnova first thing once he's out. If he doesn't cancel iceblock right away, you can either wait(LoS), because your charge CD will also be up soon, or use shattering throw. but I mostly use shattering throw for dmg, when I am frozen down for less than 3 sec and I'll profit from the reduced armor

also some more hints during the fight:
    when you are frozen and have no charge/intercept CD up, go ahead and pop shieldwall, obviously you want to get spellreflect off as many times as possible in that fight. make sure you don't forget to use enrage regeneration during the fight (not too late)

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    as Arms it is nearly impossible if gear is equal. Run in, don't charge in, only bladestorm after blink.

As Prot:

run in, save charge/intercept for nova, reflect when he casts sheep, stun when in close range
    rrright, run in so he will freeze you and you now stand there full 8 sec( or w/e it is) with nothing to do and possibly no rage... he'll just wait your spellreflect and start nuking, hell he probably didn't even waste blink. If you charge in you stun him and get a hit off at least

Alt + F4
    Like the phoenix, rising from the flames...so shall this epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire & flight. This is a night of transcendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    We've killed Old Gods, Corrupted Dragon Flights, The Burning Legion and even killed one of their leaders (archimonde)..

But hey.. watch out for those zombies.. they bite.