Deleted

Twin Valkyr Shield

Are these effected by light/dark essence? Logically I think that the answer should be yes but i've heard reports that they aren't actually. If not we can just tank them in the middle of the area.

Deleted

Re: Twin Valkyr Shield

They are effected. And it's reeeaaaaally easy to test, too, since you can see how much damage is absorbed now :/ (don't know which patch did that, but there was one)

So when making your strategy, remember: People with light essence do 3x as much damage on the dark shield than people with the dark essence. (at least I guess it was that much... could be more)

The shields are affected by the essences afaik. Personally a nice tactic i've found is to have tanks take them both between the portals nearest the entrance like so;

That way you're always pretty close to the portals if your DPS try and stand central, also theyr'e close together for the target switch on shield.

Remember to tell your warlocks not to use chaos bolt on the shield, and your ret paladins not to use avenging wrath.

Damage that ignores the shield doesn't contribute to burning through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Remember to tell your warlocks not to use chaos bolt on the shield, and your ret paladins not to use avenging wrath.

Damage that ignores the shield doesn't contribute to burning through it.
    heh, thanks for the tip, didn't know that

OT: Yeah, the essence effects your damage on shield.

Deleted

Well then, i'm still not sure if double damage really justifies the extra time running to and from the portals. I should probably get my guild to the the better way of tanking them (next to the opposite colour portal your melee use)..

tactic for heroic:

everbody in the raid gets dark essence.
    both are tanked at a light portal.
    3 (in 10 man) or 4 (in 25 man) of the raid equip hp + shadow resi gear, get light essence and collect every light orb that would crash the camp (+ dark orbs that would be in the way before the raid has to run to a dark portal after a special).
    when dark shield or light vortex occur, the whole raid clicks on the white portal and swiches back to dark after the special is over.

...just another dream within a dream...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

If you have half the raid light and half dark buffed, you don't need to switch essences. Saves run time for everyone and keeps you from dying due to people charging for the portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    tactic for heroic:

everbody in the raid gets dark essence.
    both are tanked at a light portal.
    3 (in 10 man) or 4 (in 25 man) of the raid equip hp + shadow resi gear, get light essence and collect every light orb that would crash the camp (+ dark orbs that would be in the way before the raid has to run to a dark portal after a special).
    when dark shield or light vortex occur, the whole raid clicks on the white portal and swiches back to dark after the special is over.

We tank them at the entrance.
    We just have everyone take dark, have 2 soakers to keep the white balls away from the raid. And we just heal through light vortex with the help of DivSac, Aura Mastery, DH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpE2AEnl6A