Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: what are your thoughts on the random heroic system?

Actually the new LFG is really awesome. I believe it will make Trade Channel more " Trade Channel", if you know what I mean. :P
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static
    Actually the new LFG is really awesome. I believe it will make Trade Channel more " Trade Channel", if you know what I mean. :P
    /2 Honey, I shrunk the murloc?
    /2 blah blah blah Chuck Noris blah blah?
    /2 [insert] anal?
    /2 My god will smite your god?
    /2 lol nubs?
    /2 Don't group with player x cuz hes a ninja who beat me on my roll when its a better upgrade for me then him?
    /2 come dual me outside sw, 5g buy in (can't be higher lv then my lv-5)

...fail to see any trade going on...mind you, this is only from the 5 secs I'm in trade the first time any new toon enters a city before I have time to leave /trade

/endsarcasm

No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

this will be a huge help on low pop servers for farming entry lvl raid gear....on wait nm you dont need to do thet ne more......farming badges to get bis gear =).

and yeah the disenchant option is cool to me since i have never ran in a group where the chanter dosent want to de and split up the boss drops. i mean we always greed greens and get them de'ed later but the blues are better de'ed than vendored, and yeah ill trade you a leather, heavy leather, or fur ... or herb any day for a dust, ess, or shard. but it saves the chanter the trouble of actually deing the item then having ppl roll and have to trade them out.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGoat
    /2 Honey, I shrunk the murloc?
    /2 blah blah blah Chuck Noris blah blah?
    /2 [insert] anal?
    /2 My god will smite your god?
    /2 lol nubs?
    /2 Don't group with player x cuz hes a ninja who beat me on my roll when its a better upgrade for me then him?
    /2 come dual me outside sw, 5g buy in (can't be higher lv then my lv-5)

...fail to see any trade going on...mind you, this is only from the 5 secs I'm in trade the first time any new toon enters a city before I have time to leave /trade

/endsarcasm

/2 your mom see's more meat than polar bear in a meat market
    /2 stfu L2p you dont know my mom
    /2 anyone know where i turn in these emblem thingy's for gold
    /2 wowwesellgoldbangladesh.com now has gold special you come site and get god deal from us
    /2 i have a huge penis

but hey at least no more

/2 dk LFG hvh i can heal if needed

on a serious note i cant wait i think this is my favorite change to WOW in a really long time, i despise waiting 20 minnutes trying to get a group together for a few heroic runs on an alt.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Like it has been pointed out, there is a difference between enchanting and mining/skinning/herbalism
    With Enchanting, you lose the item that is DE'ed, and if the enchanter then keeps it, you could say he ninjaed... If he needed so he could DE it

If he on the other hand, greeded it, like everybody else could've done, he is more than welcome to DE it for himself...
    Tho it would be fair for the enchanter to greed the item, i think it's more polite to offer the grp, to DE the item...

But if some of you insist that the enchanter has more right to keep the shards from items, which was given to the enchanter so he could DE, they are wrong

Another thing i'd just like to add.... I'm a mage! i used time and effort to leveling him! shall you really get something from my hard work??? Why should i give you drinks/food??? oh... to help you? and Blizzard even made a spell specefikly to do it...

Perhaps i'm suppose to share my skills/spells with my grp just like the enchanter do...

And on another note... I'm very existed about this new system gonna be much easier to farm emblems... right now i'm too lazy to find a grp, and i really want to get some Crusader Orbs so i can make a Merlin's Robe

I had some problems withe the random heroic on the PTR not anything wrong with the system side of things, more like got matched up with retards. After a retarded healer, people forcing me to tank, and 5 people leaving or faking a disconnect again and again. After 5 tries in one day, I've never successfully finished a random heroic because the group just dissolves after the second boss.

Other than that, a 5 man is a hell of a lot easier to put together, and way more convenient. I love that I can be doing my dailies at the argent tournament and get teleported to an instance like UP or UK, clear the heroic dungeon, and then teleport back to the tournament grounds with out using my hearth stone or argent tournament tabard. Also, I hope that it does make queuing up for instances easier at the lower levels, because getting a group together for uldum is next to impossible. It'll make leveling so much easier, and on top of that I have an option to skip certain shit zones.

Also, I think it may have another benefit that most people probably hasn't realized. If the new LFG tool makes dungeons into a practical means of farming of XP again, I think the over all quality seen in new players might improve. If new players get introduced to dungeons at an early level, it'll help teach newbies how to play their class and the basics of fighting in an instance (combat roles, situational awareness, not standing in fire, etc.). In addition, there will be a mix of new and experienced players. Playing with an experienced player, who's mature and patient enough to help new player, will give noobs a means to learn by example. As a result of this we might eventually see a drop in fail PUGs, and less melee huntards and protection based damage dealers. We might not see this for a while and to what extent is uncertain, but here's some hope for the future.
    Inappropriate signature
    FFFUUUUUUUUU!!

Quote Originally Posted by YesIamTHATguy
    Other than that, a 5 man is a hell of a lot easier to put together, and way more convenient. I love that I can be doing my dailies at the argent tournament and get teleported to an instance like UP or UK, clear the heroic dungeon, and then teleport back to the tournament grounds with out using my hearth stone or argent tournament tabard.
    Imagine all the vanilla low-level dungeons that might be revisited again when the playerbase increase. Not that I'm overly keen on revisiting Uldaman but dipping in once or twice for the odd gear and valuable xp might actually be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't understand why enchanters are expected to split the shards for the run, unless they say I'll greed to de. I just greed everything without saying I'm an enchanter, and if someone tells me to split the shards at the end of a run, I lol. While this will be nice for non-enchanters, enchanter will get alot less shards now. If they are going to do this, they should split herbs/mining nodes/skinning too, in fairness. But this has been stated over and over, and blizzard doesn't seem to care.
    Well... the gears dropping from BOSS is NOT yours. If you win in a fair roll versus 4 player who click GREED, you can keep your shard. Otherwise, you don't deserve to have EVERY loot we don't need because you are enchanter...

It's not the same as node, herbs or skinning, because when we loot an ore, herbs or whatever, you don't lose anything.

I Always greed on everything, even if we have en enchanter, I don't mind to not have the shard, I just don't see why I should give my chance to win a loot aka extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykku
    Well... the gears dropping from BOSS is NOT yours. If you win in a fair roll versus 4 player who click GREED, you can keep your shard. Otherwise, you don't deserve to have EVERY loot we don't need because you are enchanter...

It's not the same as node, herbs or skinning, because when we loot an ore, herbs or whatever, you don't lose anything.

I Always greed on everything, even if we have en enchanter, I don't mind to not have the shard, I just don't see why I should give my chance to win a loot aka extra money.
    I've never ever heard an enchanter claiming loot is theirs just because it dropped and they are an enchanter. No one is expecting you to pass on an item an enchanter wants for enchanting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    I havnt been on the PTR, but from the sounds of it, Im not liking this deserter debuff crap. IF your grp is full of retards, you cant leave w/o being able to do another heroic for 15 minutes?what BS is that.And my server is highly self sufficient, so :-\
    You know you can form your own group right?

So anyway - lets say 1 in 3 groups are fail retards who make you facepalm enough to want to leave. Looking a the system now it takes me 20-30minutes most days to get a pug for the daily (I am always on 2 hours before 80% of my guild - they tend to do heroics after raids where I leave as soon as raid is called) So anyway - I do 2-3 heroics a night normally.

if the wait is cut down with the new system as a lot expect it to be (groups forming in 5 minutes) I think even if I lose 1/3 to bad groups and wait 15min I will be way way ahead. two thumbs up from me.

And as far as enchanting mats go - /yawn Not an issue really. Get over it people. I farm toc norm for shards now, abyss are less than 30g most nights and I make more from buying leather and eternals and converting them to greens then dust than I ever will by the stuff from instances. What a total storm in a teacup

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    I am an Enchanter and I do not like the Disenchant option. I leveled my Enchanting to 375+, I alone, not the group, therefore I and only I should be entitled to receive mats, because it is my profession. Why don't they just make an option that automatically converts Arctic Fur skinned from bosses to gold and splits it between each and every member? Because that's exactly what they are doing to Enchanting.
    +1 I couldnt have said it any better

I am an Enchanter and I do not like the Disenchant option. I leveled my Enchanting to 375+, I alone, not the group, therefore I and only I should be entitled to receive mats, because it is my profession. Why don't they just make an option that automatically converts Arctic Fur skinned from bosses to gold and splits it between each and every member? Because that's exactly what they are doing to Enchanting.
    With no skinner there are no furs at all. no loss to anyone else, the same with miners. With no enchanter there is still a blue/epic to vendor so why do you believe you are more entitled to this item compared to your other group members?

That may be right, but you are missing one fact: you DE loot that I could as well sell to a vendor. I can't sell something from the boss but the leatherworking guy can do it, but I can do sell the loot and if it's not specified in the loot rules then I'd say you just have to roll greed like anyone else and IF you get it you can DE it and keep it.
    What I don't like is if you needroll on an item for DE and then keep it all...

Nobody is stopping you from soloing the instance and keeping all of the mats for yourself.

O what's that? You're not capable of getting the shards without your group? Well then I guess you'll just have to share won't you?

If you don't like that option, there are other professions available to you. Ones more appropriate for individuals who never learned to share - maybe you're really an engineer at heart after all.

@OP: Random system is good, pugs will be a whole new headache, the DE system is cool and saves time at the end of runs passing out loot - I'm all for it.

Can't say I've ever met a group that didn't already have the enchanter (if there was one) loot all the items, dissenchant them and spread the love at the end of the run. That's on 7 different servers. Obviously it's the majority of people that do this, and that's why it's being implemented. The reason enchanters stay important is because it only allows you the option if you have an enchanter in your group that's high enough skill to disenchant the item.

If you were going to keep all the mats, then every item would probably just be greeded on by everyone in the group, and the people that can't disenchant like you can would just vendor the blues/epics.

You are at absolutely no more loss than you were before this change with the new system. If you are, then the rest of the people you are grouping with currently are retarded for allowing you to take all the items for DE and keeping them. They're not splitting gold via mats any differently than they already have. Can you explain how this puts you at a disadvantage from the current system?

While this will be nice for non-enchanters, enchanter will get alot less shards now.
    The only reason this happens is because you just greed everything. You won't get less shards - you'll have an EQUAL chance of winning the roll for the shard as you would have for winning the item....and then DE-ing it. A random roll is a random roll, this only SAVES you the time of DE-ing it after winning it. It's not a loss to you, it's a boost to everyone else (assuming the mats the item DE's into sells for more than the item vendors).

I'm looking forward to using the system. I'm at the point where I have no need to run heroics, but am happy to do so if there's a group already formed. I enjoy running them, just not spending time to get a group.

10+ Year Old Account

So since the enchanter leveled to 375 and doesnt want to share, does that mean the Jewelcrafter doesnt need to cut gems for people? or the Alchemist doesnt need to give flasks? My rogue has inscription, does that mean i should be the only person to have glyphs?

This is a team game, quit being a whiny bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk
    A dramatic increase in supply without a corresponding increase in demand deflates value. This is what i see as the bigger problem. The fact that everyone else is rolling on my profession but i don't get to roll on the Skinners arctic fur that runs for 150g a piece, while unjust doesn't actually hurt me in any real sense. But the inflation of the enchanting mat supply will.
    Due to the fact there will be absolutely NO more of a chance to get shards/crystals than there already is, it technically shouldn't flood the market. However, as people have become lazy and don't want to DE everything for a run, just what they /win via greed, it will. Blizz isn't doing anything spectacular because the option to do this is already there, it just takes effort on the part of the enchanter. This change takes away that effort, and more easily offers the mats to the group.

Yes this does spread around the mats of your profession, but they are one of the easiest to get and most common already. Everyone that has complained about the change just feels shafted for being the profession that shares its mats, which would be understandable if they were making something available that previously was impossible to do. All they are doing is making something easier though, so the complaints should have been coming in long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullimo
    Nobody is stopping you from soloing the instance and keeping all of the mats for yourself.

O what's that? You're not capable of getting the shards without your group? Well then I guess you'll just have to share won't you?

If you don't like that option, there are other professions available to you. Ones more appropriate for individuals who never learned to share - maybe you're really an engineer at heart after all.

@OP: Random system is good, pugs will be a whole new headache, the DE system is cool and saves time at the end of runs passing out loot - I'm all for it.
    Enchanters get shards by DEing items they win. 99.9% of parties wont let a chanter need items for DE therefore most chanters DE items they legitimately win from rolling greed against the other party members. So the party members reward after the boss is dead is the exact same as the enchanters only thing is that the chanter can take that reward and magically transform it into chanting mats through his profession (which is by far the most expensive to lvl).

So what you are saying is that all members should get that DEing benefit regardless of profession choice?

In that case I would like to put out an equal scenario. In a run a BoE drops everyone greeds the item which vendors for lets say 5 gold. The person who wins the item posts it on AH and someone buys it for 55g should the game distribute the 10g to each player in the party? The item value was 5g why does player X get an extra 50g by doing something AFTER receiving the item?

How pissed would other professions be if their materials were undermined in such a massive fashion. How about if you could buy mats from NPCs using other mats. For instance what if you could trade 1 infinite dust for 1 titanium ore? Why should miners enjoy such huge profits when other people are stuck with engineering / tailoring / skinning / LW* (btw people with “no money” professions CHOSE those professions and can swap at any time if they cared enough).

Enchanting was a HUGE money maker but recently they doubled enchanting mats per DE ratio and ever since the servers have been FLOODED with dusts / essences. They also lowered the mats required for chants, implemented abyss shatters, as well as devalued abyss crystals by making ToC an epic loot waterfall.

They have done enough already to drop chanting prices, why continue throwing punches? This change will simply further increases the enchant mat supply and empty the demand.

If they go forward with this greed for DE option, which they are practically committed at this point. I sincerely hope they add an option for chanters to opt out of the system. If I don’t want to DE for a group I shouldn't have to, and resorting to unfair actions like needing items to avoid hurting a market I participate in is not an answer.

*NOTE: each of those professions listed as “no money” can be profitable if you know the tricks and have the patience / resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)