MM shot rotation

Hi there ,
    since I'm quite unsure about wether the sticky is updated or not , I have a question ...
    How does the shot rotation of both , a normal and an ArP MM look like?
    Is it right , that an ArP rotation just includes the 3 piercing shot talent shots ( Steady , Chimera , Aimed ) ?
    Im quite unsure about arcane shot ...

Re: MM shot rotation

The only difference between the Agility MM rotation and the ArP MM rotation is that in the ArP rotation, you don't use arcane shot.

An agility MM rotation looks like this:
    Serpent Sting. CS, AS, Arcane Shot, SS spam

ArP MM rotation is the same, just without arcane shot:
    serpent sting, CS, AS, SS spam

From what i know its more of a "Prio" thing than a Rotation

-- Serpent sting 1 time .. then Chimera shot -> Aimed Shot -> Arcane Shot -> Steady Shot prio

.. Just read the comment above mine - Even tough i never did ArP stacking, it makes sence what he's saying

Agility" MM would suggest you are gemming agi which is true. This however does not mean you use arcane shot. The point to use or not use arcane will show up once you get to a certain gear level which tends to dictate your level of passive arp. It doesn't take much passive arp to stop using arcane all together. Best way to know if your gear supports arcane or not is to plug your self into one of the spreadsheet resources. other than that the priorities mentioned are generally correct. Only variation you'll see is if you use an Aimed shot glyph or something.

Once you reach around 350 passive ArP from your current gear ( without gems ) you should drop arcane shot from your rotation in order to increase dps. According Spreadsheets agility is ALWAYS better than ArP in MM or SV, however in very high percents of ArP without procs it theoretically surpasses Agility by very small margin. ( around 70-> % passive )

Hope this helps.

Ignore the above posts. The point at which you drop Arcane from your rotation is not based on ArPen alone, but a combination of ArPen (Steady is mitigated by armor, Arcane is not), Critical Strike chance (Steady benefits from Piercing Shots, Arcane does not), and topend weapon damage (Steady is computed by weapon damage + ammo contribution + a factor of AP; Arcane is simply a factor of AP).

It is a point which is unique for each Hunter and should be computed with either Shandara's Spreadsheet or Zeherah's Calculator.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

All what Rilgon mentioned above is true, but what he forgot to say is that improved Improved Steady Shot talent also benefits more from not using Arcane shot in your Rotation ( + things that Rilgon mentioned ).

But as usual MM requires High end gear in order to be effective, so without very high end gear with nice amount of passive ArP, ArP trinket and 245+ weapon I would stick as survival.

Good point. That tends to slip my mind although it's a pretty big point for Steady (more boosts to Aimed/Chimera).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    Hi there ,
    since I'm quite unsure about wether the sticky is updated or not , I have a question ...
    How does the shot rotation of both , a normal and an ArP MM look like?
    Is it right , that an ArP rotation just includes the 3 piercing shot talent shots ( Steady , Chimera , Aimed ) ?
    Im quite unsure about arcane shot ...
    There is no rotation for any hunter spec. Go read something instead of being an entitled child.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN
    From what i know its more of a "Prio" thing than a Rotation

-- Serpent sting 1 time .. then Chimera shot -> Aimed Shot -> Arcane Shot -> Steady Shot prio

.. Just read the comment above mine - Even tough i never did ArP stacking, it makes sence what he's saying
    People say priority instead of rotation now, but it's pretty much the same thing. If you don't screw up, you'll be eeking out a rotation anyways.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    There is no rotation for any hunter spec. Go read something instead of being an entitled child.
    Yeah, damn him and his asking of questions on a class forum.

Learn to read before making you internet tough guy post, he already stated in his post he read the stickied mm hunter post before asking his question (he was wondering how current it is).

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn
    People say priority instead of rotation now, but it's pretty much the same thing. If you don't screw up, you'll be eeking out a rotation anyways.
    If your shooting a target dummy sure, but when you are dps'ing with other dps'ers of various skill/gear and target switching (multiple targets) during raids/heroics, priority is the more correct wording (you don't always magically end up on your ss when the critter drops). Granted at some point during a long battle there will be a rotation of sorts, but save for raid bosses not many battles are long.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jd5
    Yeah, damn him and his asking of questions on a class forum.

Learn to read before making you internet tough guy post, he already stated in his post he read the stickied mm hunter post before asking his question (he was wondering how current it is).

If your shooting a target dummy sure, but when you are dps'ing with other dps'ers of various skill/gear and target switching (multiple targets) during raids/heroics, priority is the more correct wording (you don't always magically end up on your ss when the critter drops). Granted at some point during a long battle there will be a rotation of sorts, but save for raid bosses not many battles are long.
    Hunters are a RANGED CLASS. We barely have to move when switching targets. Do you know what the tab button does? Sure, there's some fights where you have to move, but it's still basically a "rotation" in that the only thing we have with a cast time is Steady (In the normal set, of course, not counting Volley..). This may be what I meant by "pretty much the same thing". It's only called a priority instead of rotation now because you stop using Steady when a skill in your line-up comes of CD instead of finishing that Steady.

It's not THAT hard to figure out is it? Maybe for you it is.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

Hunters are a RANGED CLASS. We barely have to move when switching targets. Do you know what the tab button does? Sure, there's some fights where you have to move, but it's still basically a "rotation" in that the only thing we have with a cast time is Steady (In the normal set, of course, not counting Volley..). This may be what I meant by "pretty much the same thing". It's only called a priority instead of rotation now because you stop using Steady when a skill in your line-up comes of CD instead of finishing that Steady.

It's not THAT hard to figure out is it? Maybe for you it is.
    It's called a priority in the sense that if you told a script or program the priority levels of your shots, such as
    Rapid fire > Readiness > Serpent sting > Silencing Shot > Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
    It could play the hunter class "perfectly" at average top end DPS.

Oh wait, that's what spreadsheets do.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    It's called a priority in the sense that if you told a script or program the priority levels of your shots, such as
    Rapid fire > Readiness > Serpent sting > Silencing Shot > Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
    It could play the hunter class "perfectly" at average top end DPS.

Oh wait, that's what spreadsheets do.
    ...Which would be a rotation, but instead it's a priority because you only follow that line until something higher comes off CD. As I said.

...Which would be a rotation, but instead it's a priority because you only follow that line until something higher comes off CD. As I said.
    No, THAT'S a priority.

> is like else if

if Rapid Fire = ready, cast Rapid Fire, else if Readiness = ready, cast Readiness, else if Boss = not affected by SS, cast Serpent Sting, else if Silencing Shot = ready, cast Silencing Shot,

etc etc

a ROTATION would be Aimed, Chimera, Silencing, Steady, Steady, Steady, Steady, Steady, Aimed, Chimera, Silencing.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    No, THAT'S a priority.

> is like else if

if Rapid Fire = ready, cast Rapid Fire, else if Readiness = ready, cast Readiness, else if Boss = not affected by SS, cast Serpent Sting, else if Silencing Shot = ready, cast Silencing Shot,

etc etc

a ROTATION would be Aimed, Chimera, Silencing, Steady, Steady, Steady, Steady, Steady, Aimed, Chimera, Silencing.

....which is the same thing as a priority, the only difference is you don't finish the lineup if a higher-ranked skill comes off CD. Exactly as I said before.

....which is the same thing as a priority, the only difference is you don't finish the lineup if a higher-ranked skill comes off CD. Exactly as I said before.
    I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but it doesn't really matter if it's called a priority or a rotation. Why we're still talking about it after...7? posts is quite beyond me, and we should all stop.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but it doesn't really matter if it's called a priority or a rotation. Why we're still talking about it after...7? posts is quite beyond me, and we should all stop.
    I'm not sure if YOU are aware of this, but I was the one that originally stated that priority/rotation is basically the same thing, everyone else was trying to argue that I was wrong and going into semantics. At least respond to the people that..you know..have a different opinion from your own, genius.