Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Sexy axe.
    I wonder whether there'll be any limitations on being able to complete that quest other than the 25 primordial saronite. And well, killing the lich king obviously.

Like, any rare drops from bosses, or a single item, whatnot.

Otherwise you'll end up with all 6 2h wielders in the raid being able to get that item before long.
    Seems strange for a "legendary" item.
    No, you only needed to kill Illidan, and luck to have the warglaives, this is definatly harder to get than those glaives

lol, if you put three +20 str gem in the sockets and it has 10 stacks the str buff is +666

15+ Year Old Account

why 23 or 22 emblems of frost for 1 stupid saronite? orbs of any kind have never been over 18 of the required emblem why start now? it only means the saronite is going to be like 3k a orb instead of 1.3k the crusader orbs were when they first appeared
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyclops
    Hmmm i do wonder about the shelf life of this weapon though
    considering the next expacs not so far off
    It will most likely be replaced with the first tier of level 85 epics. Or at least somewhat on par.

Hmmm Sindragosa's breaths do about 40-50k damage so will def be smart to get a set of frost resist crafted. The stuff is cheap though, like not even 200g in mats to make now for each piece.

For dps warriors most likely we'll be using a gimmick spec for the fight so we can reach last stand to ensure we don't get owned even with outside CD's. Fury warriors warriors can still have a shield with their Shadows Edge on for shield wall, so that will help.

Ok now THAT is a weapon that puts both Warglaives and Thunderfury to shame...

Why would they use it out of a reagent every other class needs for pieces. That's not a good idea...

nice axe..a tad small?
    one bad thing..by the time people will have this..we`ll be only a few months from expansion.

dunno what to say...yey or nei ?

To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by Caramis
    lol, if you put three +20 str gem in the sockets and it has 10 stacks the str buff is +666
    you have made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    Why would they use it out of a reagent every other class needs for pieces. That's not a good idea...
    thats an easy one. it adds to the difficulty of obtaining the item ( competition ). hell, its legendary. not like you can do down to the local AH and buy the thing completed. The specs are phenominal, of course they're gonna make us work hard for it.

on a side note, finally got my DK to 80 today* (2nd 80).... too bad i'll most likely run out of time to get geared enough for ICC on him and take the quests...

*casual raider

Getting this weapon will be my mission. The soul graphic effect, the voices...just too damn cool!

Quote Originally Posted by mackmustard
    Hmmm Sindragosa's breaths do about 40-50k damage so will def be smart to get a set of frost resist crafted. The stuff is cheap though, like not even 200g in mats to make now for each piece.

For dps warriors most likely we'll be using a gimmick spec for the fight so we can reach last stand to ensure we don't get owned even with outside CD's. Fury warriors warriors can still have a shield with their Shadows Edge on for shield wall, so that will help.
    Frost Breath does only 37-43k damage, unless they recently changed that (of course, there's still the aura tick for 4,5k).

I don't think that surviving Sindragoa's breath is that hard, considering this axe is for plate users (and plate is itemized with loads of Stamina). There is Frost Aura + Aura Mastery, the resistance flask, various kinds of damage absorbing shields, Pain Suppression, your own defensive cooldowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno
    HI2U waiting line. Grats GM and officers.

Its fine its not easy to obtain. It sucks however that a guild decides who gets Shadowmourne first in its guild.
    Guilds decide who gets everything first in the guild ...

I expect most "good" guilds will prioritise it based mostly on raid attendance. Given the grinding factor involved and the short amount of time to complete it before Cataclysm comes out any guild not taking serious account of attendance is going to find it very hard to finish their first Shadowmourne.

The last thing you want is a large guild grinding effort wasted because some guy who only shows up to half the raids happened to have the most DKP the day you decided who got the first part of the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook
    Frost Breath does only 37-43k damage, unless they recently changed that (of course, there's still the aura tick for 4,5k).

I don't think that surviving Sindragoa's breath is that hard, considering this axe is for plate users (and plate is itemized with loads of Stamina). There is Frost Aura + Aura Mastery, the resistance flask, various kinds of damage absorbing shields, Pain Suppression, your own defensive cooldowns, etc.
    AMS first one

Frost aura + mastery second

Icebound + army the third or ams again- i use this to survive a heroic twins blast when ams is down

or you can just wear frost resist for one fight

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barook

im betting theres going to be a block for paladins so we cant DS and absorb the damage and still get imbuement.

divine protection is possible though, hell i'll just tank the fight and pop SE during the breath phase... lol. (prot is my offspec)
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    im betting theres going to be a block for paladins so we cant DS and absorb the damage and still get imbuement.

divine protection is possible though, hell i'll just tank the fight and pop SE during the breath phase... lol. (prot is my offspec)
    I'll bet Anit-Magic Shell and DP will work on this. Poor poor warriors, good luck getting this item :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Caramis
    Math fail?

223 + 400 + 60 + 8 = 691

EDIT:

Seems like you were mixing strength and stamina.

Sorry if this has already been covered.. but the tooltip says it deals ~2000 damage.. split between the total number of targets.. but that proc in the video hit all three targets for roughly 2000 damage.. anyone know the deal with that?

In halls of reflection, we are told that someone has to be the next lich king or else the scourge will run wild without a leader.

So now, chances are the next lich king is....
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Quote Originally Posted by Heppu
    I'll bet Anit-Magic Shell and DP will work on this. Poor poor warriors, good luck getting this item :-\
    Macro a one-hander and shield, pop Shield Wall, switch back to Shadow's Edge and eat the breath.

Other CDs like Guardian Spirit will be available also, or the aforementioned resist gear. I vendored all mine so it'll suck having to craft it again just for one part of the quest, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by good diu bro
    In halls of reflection, we are told that someone has to be the next lich king or else the scourge will run wild without a leader.

So now, chances are the next lich king is....
    The helm is what gives the LK control of the Scourge, and the point was that someone would have to wear it and maintain control of them or else they'd run loose and destroy Azeroth (it was hinted that Arthas might have subconsciously prevented the Scourge from destroying everything even though it was within the LK's ability to do so). So for lore purposes we'll get someone like Tirion Fordring or Mograine wearing the helm to subdue the Scourge.