Deleted

Gear up PvP Resto... or PvP Enhancement for BGing?

I can't decide.

Inbetween raids and dailies I usually do a battleground here and there just for fun. However I don't have any PvP gear neither do I have a PvP spec (which i'm unlikely to get, really...). Every time I enter as Enhance i'm slaughtered (16.5k hp and 0 resil = lol) but whenever I enter as Resto I can tank a few players provided i'm not silenced or interrupted. Now assuming this was what being geared was like i'd pick Resto - however i've heard that Enhancement is absurdly gear dependant and therefore will shine with a proper PvP set.

So, how do both of these specs fare in good gear (furious+ gear)? I guess i'm chosing between a spec which can kill but be killed when piled, or a spec which can't kill but is pretty much impossible to kill unless focused by more than one player.

Re: Gear up PvP Resto... or PvP Enhancement for BGing?

Which spec do you want to play as?

There's your answer.

15+ Year Old Account

Apples and oranges. Resto and enhance are two different experiences which appeal to different people. By now you probably have a feel for whether you prefer dpsing or healing.

Personally, I'm in something of the same boat as you, resto/enhance with a lackluster enhance offset and I think there's plenty of fun to be had healing in BGs.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Deleted

I find both entertaining in different ways which is why I find it difficult to decide. If I knew what both were like in PvP gear I think making a choice would be easier.

Right now I only PvP as Resto because this is the only spec I can survive as with my current gear. If PvP geared Enhance spends most of its time in the graveyard i'd take Resto, if Enhance is good enough as surviving i'd take that, I think.

as enhancement shaman, you are no wtfolololp0wnsor facerollclass/spec.

enhance is a rush forward with healer and other dpslers, deal some dmg and retreat once focused spec.

enhancement gets mainly slaughtered that often out of tradition. enhancement can compete in bg´s with other dps-classes.

retadins get purge/nuked, heals interrupted ( if they are stupid enough to use melee bubble it´s an easy win even without wolves ). trinket their stun. heal yourself when he hits bubble

warriors are dangerous if they get to hit often with bladestorm, so be prepared to use ghostwolf or wolf-sprint, or / if you´re engineer like me ) nitroboost as soon as he pops it. warriors also tend to outburst you, so try to frostshock kite them near enough so that they cant charge you but far enough so that they cant hit you.

dk´s are beatable quite good. cleansing totem is your friend. selfheal as much as needed and otherwise dmg.

rogue.sr as soon as you are stunned. trinket his second stun to pop wolves for counter stun, use totem setup, now you have 4k absorb, totem dispell and ae dmg/stun. nuke him so he uses evasion, flame shock him so he uses cloak. use wolve sprint/earthbind if needed to possibly get a selfheal.

moonkins and shadow´s are victims. purge/interrupt, tremor against shadow, they can´t do much

destro lock. be sure to purge his instant incinerate procs. interrupt/ground his immolate/chaos bolt spells.
    use tremor. most annoying ability: shadow fury

afflic locks are hard. no dot removing abilities and he can fear you ridiculously fast/often. harde nuke, grounding/interrupt whenever possible is the only way

frostmage is a pain. forget about being able taking them on without wolves. keep a small distance with wolves out, frostshock/root him ( together wth wolves there´s some dmg coming ) use grounding and interrupt, force him to use nova on wolves only and start nuking him ( basically foce him into using as much cooldowns as fast as possible )

feral: nuke him when he´s in cat. totem stun and wolves are nice here. whenever he switches into bear try to heal yourself and/or make most of your dmg with spells ( shock kiting similar to warrior )

hunters are very frightening. no interrupt/grounding/purging possible. infinite burst and kiting. hunter bubble. pet. mortal shot. killing shot.

try to bring them into spots were the retreat backjump doesn´t give them much distance. put down earthbind in frost traps. frostshock on cd. if possible go out of sight to selfheal.

elemental shaman: be aware of your surroundings to not getting knocked to far away ( similar to hunters retreat ability counter ). interrupt/ground their heal/frog/lvb´s/lighnting´s.

you can win against any class as enhance. gear & luck are part of the equation though. keep in mind shaman are favourite targets in pvp. no class is really good in taking on several enemiy players at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Enhancement Defo Matey =)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Thundereign

Im Cached in my enhancement PvP gear so look quick before i get cached in my other gear.
    im using easy to get items like deadly. the 2 maces from ToC5 HC. as long as you remember to purge/intterupt/frostshock. save shamanistic rage for when your getting the shit kicked outta you. and pop wolves when you need it.

you will be able to beat most classes. i cant touch frost mages or warlocks on my pally. but as enhancement they go down really quick.

Cleansing totem for rouges and DKs.

use your Malstorm weapon stacks to heal yourself if you have to. (i just keep healbot in the cornor of my screen)

Hope This Helps A Little Bit

PS. Enhancement PvP PWNS!
    www.sanctityofbrothers.guildlaunch.com

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&cn=Th%C3%BAnderlight

being that my druid wearing furious/deadly gear tanked a 2200+ enh shaman for (literally) 15 minutes while dueling, i definitely would go resto... I have a resto sham and it is totally tits. All i can say is that if i was 2200 on my sham and wearing 5/5 relentless with 2200 weps i would be fucking pissed if some scrub could /lol at me for 15 minutes in a duel because I couldn't kill him. Basically i could just heal through his burst with a few hots and light kiting and then by the time i was low on mana innervate was ready again and i could just LOS him until i was full on mana.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

being that my druid wearing furious/deadly gear tanked a 2200+ enh shaman for (literally) 15 minutes while dueling, i definitely would go resto... I have a resto sham and it is totally tits. All i can say is that if i was 2200 on my sham and wearing 5/5 relentless with 2200 weps i would be fucking pissed if some scrub could /lol at me for 15 minutes in a duel because I couldn't kill him. Basically i could just heal through his burst with a few hots and light kiting and then by the time i was low on mana innervate was ready again and i could just LOS him until i was full on mana.
    any dps-spec has problems killing a healer alone ( except maybe hunter, their burst is ridiculous... plus mana burn/mortal strike )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Right, but i could tank him indefinitely because his burst was pretty /meh AND he has no MS or mana drain OR CC (hex is pretty /lol). Most melees would eventually run a healer oom.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

LOL, yeah, saying a resto druid tanked a dps doesn't prove much of anything. They are literally like a freakin tank in full pvp resto gear/spec with little effort to maintain mana.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...adgar&n=Muzzeo

"You can't PvP as enhancement they said"

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    LOL, yeah, saying a resto druid tanked a dps doesn't prove much of anything. They are literally like a freakin tank in full pvp resto gear/spec with little effort to maintain mana.
    Rogues, locks, wars, DKs and hunters can all take down resto druids by themselves fairly effectively without any outside help. Keep in mind, there was a pretty generous gear margin here. My druid is an alt wearing deadly/furious set gear with furious off-set epics vs an Enh sham in BIS PVP gear. 2200 weps, 5/5 relentless, all relentless off-set epics. If that was a rogue, lock, war or dk i wouldn't have been able to tank him nearly as well and definitely not for 15 minutes. All of the previously mentioned classes with that gear will kill me before I'm oom, innervate or not.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

I can see how the warrior, hunter and rogue have an advantage when taking down a resto druid. Right off hand though, I'm not sure what ability a DK would have that would help them in any manner in comparison to us except for the on use ability of attacks vs. our RNG WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    I can see how the warrior, hunter and rogue have an advantage when taking down a resto druid. Right off hand though, I'm not sure what ability a DK would have that would help them in any manner in comparison to us except for the on use ability of attacks vs. our RNG WF.
    Better snares, more spell dmg (op ass gargoyle), harder to kite, 5 sec silence is key. If they can get that down with little/no hots on us its GG. Cant trinket a silence and can't use barkskin during a silence either. The only thing a enhance has going for him is the 5-6 sec cooldown interrupts but vs them w/no MS i can heal through their DPS without casting.

Besides, a lot of enhance's power comes from its utility (ranged interrups on short cd, purge, BL, totems, hex) and the fact that it cant be kited. They'll eat up a priest or mage but vs a resto druid, they just have to kill a different target because they cant interrupt a hot, cant dispell it cause it will heal them anyways, cant use Hex for anything because we're trees and BL helps your teams DPS more then it does your own.

I dont disagree that enh shams are highly viable in 2s/3s/5s but they are pretty lackluster 1v1 and that would piss me off to no end knowing that despite the fact that i play my character flawlessly and have the best gear available I still can't kill some 1800 resto druid. Especially when a similarly geared and skilled lock, rogue war or DK can take them down 1v1 no problem. That's just me.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend