Thread: Prot gearing

Prot gearing

i am a prot pvp warrior and i have been struggling in 2v2 (my partner being a pally who is prot holy a majority of the time) i have 2 pc t9 dps (shoulders/chest) with 2 piece pvp (helm/gloves) with pvp off pieces (cept ring/battlemaster) i have 245 pve fist, and sheild i was just wondering if i should just ditch the pve off peices and go with some 245 arp peices and gem arp to the hard cap and ditch grim toll for a deaths verdict, or 2. (may go human, but currently draen)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot gearing

i would be quite impressed if you cud get the arp hardcap as prot. whats your plan? shield slammer or devastator?

For prot pvp, i find that going for block value + arp gems works GREAT. then again, i'm not big on arena, however, i have done 2v1's as prot with lots of BV, and i can assure you that a lot of teams don't expect the incoming damage when facing a prot warrior. You have the ability to lock their healer down, and completely nuke their dps in a matter of seconds. its quite fun, really.

T7.5 2piece set bonus is great. Helm/shoulders work fine for me...i like to use the conquest badge legs. just get as much arp as you can mixed in with BV. If you find a slot that you can't fit a decent ammount of BV in, go for the arp.

That's what i do, at least. i've never tried to toss in the arena gear. Not sure if this post helped at all, but...i thought i'd share what i do.

to hit the arp cap id have to eliminate the pvp gear from my set, just go striaght dps gear. this would work for 3v3 since i am never focused, but in 2v2 my problem is that in my arp set i have 500 resil so i have endless survivabilty, but in my sbv gear i have less then 200 and arcane/destro/ele rape me. so i have to choose between surviving or deal good damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

youtube.com, type swifty prot pvp

Two ways you can gear a prot pvp warrior:

1) Go SBV up to 2.5k & stack ArP after it.

2) Get full on pvp gear & stack ArP on it.

I, personally, favor the first one as I think like "If I'm pvping as prot, I should use Shield Slam more so it should hit hard." But the other way has proven itself as well, people hitting over 2.6k+ ratings with good setups.

After 3.3, I'll most likely roll in 2xT10 & 2xT9 (the SBV ones) with PvP gloves, off-sets mainly pvp trying to hit the SBV & hit caps mainly. Will gem ArP all over though

i no what the 2 types of gearing are, i have both a arp set with 2pc t9 dps and about 550 resil, and i have a sbv set with 2400 sbv 200 resil, and 19 crit. But in both cases they have weak parts. I was wondering if any1 tried 2pc (shoulder/chest) of the dps, and 2pc (head/legs) of the tank and the rest a mix between pve dps/sbv gear