Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowmourne Better for a BlOOD dk or an UNHOLY dk?

Unholy will benefit more from arp next patch due to the new physical damage on scourge strike, either way this weapon will be best for both it doesnt matter what spec you are you'll do massive dps

Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    Honestly I think that the only 2 who should be considered are DKs and Warriors. Retris... do I really have to explain.
    And why would Retribution Paladins not qualify to receive this weapon? Because it has Armour Penetration?

Quote Originally Posted by Alendar
    And why would Retribution Paladins not qualify to receive this weapon? Because it has Armour Penetration?
    Yes.
    This user has been banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Chances are you won't be able to get this weapon intill march 2010. It isn't that important which spec it is better for all DPS dks warrs and pallys will chase it (so glad this isn't a hunter weapon I don't want to farm ICC forever).

I've said this before and i'll repeat

YOU CAN'T GIVE IT TO SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE THE QUEST CHAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    Look at it this way. The elemental plane is tied to many different planes but is not a part of it.

Starbucks 1: Azeroth
    Starbucks 2: Outland
    Street: Elemental plane

So the elemental plane is connected to both the starbucks but the two starbucks arent actually connected. If im on the street I can either go to one side of the street and go into starbucks 1 or 2. But if I use a truckload of C4 to blow out the wall of starbucks 1 the place would be changed completely. Starbucks 2 however remains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Alendar
    Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    Yes.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    (so glad this isn't a hunter weapon I don't want to farm ICC forever).
    XD i would have LOVED for this to be a hunter wep. would have pissed off SOO many people.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo
    Way to avoid counter-arguing what I just said with the usual "lolol iz u retard? iz u trollin or tool lolol [insert more insults here]".

I suggest you stop posting now.
    "Counter-arguing"? Wow, thank you sooooo very much for compounding my theory for me (retard) and so this allows me to continue down this line of argument (insert condescending tone here) you see young one, just because we are a new class to the game does not mean we are lesser than any other class in the game. (end condescending tone here). So to "counter-arguing" what you said, the fact that Death Knights are a new class to the game does not mean that they are less entitled to things in any way shape or form, my best friend has played WoW for so long that he can remember when it was actually Hemet fucking Nesingwary himself in Stranglethorn Vale, back when you had to play 24/7 to maintain your PvP title. He can remember working for months to obtain enough gold to get that epic mount.

So to say that a class is in anyway lesser to the others because it is new to the game indicates that you are as thick as the thing that made you and, no doubt, as ugly as it too. It's not the class, it's the player.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd say any paladins or warriors should have it. Why give it to a crappy DK? They are a new class, have just appeared with wotlk....new classes don't deserve shit.
    THIS

Unless your GM is a Ret Pala (in which case he gets the axe), it gonna go to the best DPS in your guild that can use it other than you, no matter what spec.

Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.
    - Scissors

Here's what it boils down to using the current average stat weights found on ej

Blood:

114 crit = worth 177,84 AP
    114 arp = worth 313,5 AP
    291 str (fully gemmed) = worth 840,99 AP

Total: 1272,33

Unholy:

114 crit = worth 292,98 AP
    114 arp = worth 225,76 AP
    291 str (fully gemmed) = worth 887,55

Total: 1405,29

So far unholy is the clear winner. HOWEVER! There's one more thing to consider, and that is weapon dps and what kind of an effect it has on dancing rune weapon.

344,1 weapon dps is worth roughly 2381 AP to unholy
    344,1 weapon dps is worth roughly 3403 AP to blood, thanks to how DRW works

So clearly getting a better weapon is a much bigger upgrade for blood than it is for unholy. Then again, an unholy dk will probably outdps an equally geared blood dk in 3.3 ICC anyway, judging from the SS @ PTR.

15+ Year Old Account

It's been said that unholy will be best in 3.3, so why would anyone specc blood just for this?

In 3.3 unholy will benefit more from arp because of the SS change to physical damage.

To the OP: If you had used the search function you wouldn't have needed to start this new *what specc/class will get shadowmourne* thread

I'd say any paladins or warriors should have it. Why give it to a crappy DK? They are a new class, have just appeared with wotlk....new classes don't deserve shit.
    Why the hate? I mean, I guess you play a warr or pala, if one of them was new no1 would liked them either.. And why give it to a crappy DK? Crappy DKs exsists in multitudes, but they won't be able to get 25 of that Saronite thingy...

@ OP, it is good for both specs..

And to the ones saying "Ofc this is a good weapon for ret pala, even tho it has ArP!" Well, it is the best weapon in-game...

Quote Originally Posted by Barthos
    THIS
    pallys just dont benifit from armor pen, thus failing to MAX their dps with this, as apposed to a wep with haste.

^
    thats why pallys shouldnt bother with it, even with the inflaited stats, its just not work picking up if your striving to max your personal dps. this would work better for a warrior or DK for the overall dps of the raid.

Right this second if it were in game it would be best for a blood DK. However as a previous poster pointed out the huge crit on it makes it amazing with 4p T9, and hence great for unholy.

In 3.3, I expect a HUGE drop in the value of crit when we all abandon the 4 piece which should put the two more inline as far as base stats go. To go along with that huge drop, however, will be a gain in armor pen.

Blood's dominance was dependent on the ArP values it uses and the huge amount of ArP in ulduar and some of ToC. I expect that with Unholy gaining the stat as well as the massive scourge strike buff, it will come out ahead of blood and frost.

Short version: Unholy will be the better spec period, so it will probably be your choice regardless of the axe's benefits. Also keep in mind that the huge dps will do for DRW what the proc and 400 strength will do for Gargoyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes
    In 3.3, I expect a HUGE drop in the value of crit when we all abandon the 4 piece which should put the two more inline as far as base stats go. To go along with that huge drop, however, will be a gain in armor pen.
    Oh nonsense . Crit will be extremely good for 3.3 unholy thanks to the new SS. Non T9 unholy dk's in 3.3 will benefit from crit almost as much as full T9 unholy dk's in 3.2.2.

That would just make me even more correct in that unholy will slaughter the other specs

Anyway, why is that exactly? I understand that the new SS has two components and the spell one should crit nicely, but that hardly seems comparable to what diseases are doing now.

Not saying you're wrong, just curious if you know some numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.