Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: 100k Tanks in Cata?

Its already been said by GC...Health Pools buffed....Heals nerfed. Healing will be more of a decision process instead of spamming one heal. Tanks wont get 2 shot anymore...more like 4-5 shot....that's what will happen in Cata.

So yes 100k+ is going to happen.

they will have over 100k hp for sure .. 150k maybe since the new stat mechanics .. it is not only 5 more levels tanks wont have defense i think .. i dont remember which stat will be removed in cata xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Didn't BC tanks end up capping out at like 32-35k fully raid buffed?

If you go by that math, and the fact that really gear progression from BC to Wrath wasn't as huge a jump as vanilla to BC, i think 80k will likely be the highest anyone will come to in Cataclysm.
    rofl

typical tank health was around 22000-24000 fully raid buffed in tbc with flask and t6/sunwell gear.

and also for those people who think tanks should stack stamina due to icc debuff, Blizzard already did this in tbc called sunwell radiance.

think about brutallus hits your tank up to 10k dmg with main hand and 7k dmg with offhand every 2 sec under sunwell radiance.

raid in lich king..such joke....algalon hits like girl.

There's just one thing.

Feral druids CAN hit 100k (102k i think it was) with THE best gear from togc25, and the best group setup and survival instincts.

Well, if you dont count survival instincts as a buff, then they can reach 80k ish
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I got 60k buffed HP, and I dont even have full BiS from toc. With BiS i will have 65-68K . im guessing cataclysm will be with tanks about 120k hp. and ICC will be with atleast 80k hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Campagnolo
    Right now I can hit about 48K fully raid buffed and I know there are some peeps out there over 50k, maybe well over. I'm expecting some of the fully ICC geared tanks are gona push 60k..

With that said, Cata is gona have to step it up.

Do you think tanks will push 100k fully buffed by the end of cata?

Speak!
    I'm already, as a Druid, fully raid buffed (with Imp comm shout, everything maxed out) around 62-63k raid buffed, and I wear only 245, only two 258 item. I think a stam-oriented feral druid tank should be around 65-68k in full 258 gear (I'm missing 258 chest, T9 gloves and helm, neck, my wrists are 239 from algalon, waist, boots, rings, etc) maybe even 70-72k. I expect a full BiS feral druid tank to be in the 80-85k raid buffed.

As for cata my guess would be in the 150-200k zone for tanks :
    - if tanks are already at 80-85k in the end of WotlK, 100k would seem meh
    - they said they'd increase the life pools
    BUT
    - 5 levels instead of 10

PS : with survival instincts, and the herborist thing, I reach 140k on yogg saron (hp increase lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

One thing I have noticed is this:

At the end of Classic, an almost BiS geared tank raid buffed (No cooldowns) was at 10k to 11k hp. Tanks started tanking heroics in TBC with that health unbuffed.

At the end of TBC, an almost BiS geared tank raid buffed (No cooldowns) was at 22k to 24.5k hp. Tanks started tanking heroics in WoTLK with that health unbuffed.

If everyone's predictions about >52k hp unbuffed tanks in ICC BiS gear are right, then we'll be tanking SFK heroic with that health. And that means we'll be well over 100k by the end of Cata, unbuffed.

Frankly i'm more interested in the crazy amount of damage everyone's going to be doing at that time.

60 - 10k
    70 - 25k
    80 - 50k
    85 - 80k

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeh
    15k hp in BC? wtf are you smoking
    Kungen had 20k

I think that evidence in WoTLK has supported time and time again that HP has not increased enough to meet the demands of increasing damage this X-pac.

They will either need to scale damage slower, or scale health faster next round.
    (Parentheticals)

My Paladin had 19k HP.

My pet hits 100k with simple raid buffs and mini last stand.

Does that make you want to delete your character? It should.

I think my paladin had 16 or 17k in alt gear unbuffed. People at 11k with blues at 70, why does this surprise you?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

60 - 10k
    70 - 25k22k
    80 - 50k60k+
    85 - 80k120k or more
    As we are speaking about end raid gear.
    In BC you had 15k-17k unbuffed, but also they buffed stats and stuff in 3.0, so yep, it gone over a little 22k raidbuffed.
    And ofcourse now I hit 52k HP in TOC gear (as warrior), so I bet after ICC I will surely be above 60kHP.
    I think Cataclysm will start around 90k tanks for first raids, then will scale up from there up to 120+k... could even be 150k

They'll have OVER NINETHOUSAND!!
    scnr :-)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted

Blizz said health pools will be much bigger in Cata to avoid 2 hit kills.. so i think, yes

all the stats that are removed from gear, ie defense, arp, spell power etc, is shifted into stamina mostly. all health pools will most like double, if not more, for cataclysm. hell I wont be surprised to hit 60k as a warrior by the time we reach LK, and warriors have the lowest stam scaling of tank classes atm. paladins will be 65-70k somewhere I guess...

LOLOL when I hit 85 I had 115k unbuffed... So much for everyones expectations

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frylol View Post
    LOLOL when I hit 85 I had 115k unbuffed... So much for everyones expectations
    Nice necro. Nice first post also.

I have some blues and greens and my SP is 96k without buffs....good times.