Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [3.3] Black Magic vs. Mighty Spellpower

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    I think by 'you' he meant Shadow Priests.
    I see how he could have meant that now, yeah. Either way, we always bring at least 1 shadow priest to togc, sometimes two depending. Good shadow priests put out some srs anub dps, and it's not exactly bad dps on other bosses. We dont have 16 deathknights with 4pc, afterall.

As for the enchant, I think you need to take you latency into account also when deciding.

Seems that the more latency you have, then the less effective haste is. I recently server transferred and noticed a small drop (1-3%) in the amount of casts I can get off in the same amount of time from one realm to another where my latency is about 75ms higher.

Thankfully with the small buffs to fire making it competitive again it will be a nice choice for higher latency players.

Hopefully yes. According to Quartz my latency is between 200-700 ms. This makes it PRETTY hard to play arcane without clipping missiles a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak
    Yes, that much haste could really become a bit problematic, imagine yourself with the Fetish of Volatile Power, Icy Veins, Bloodlust and the Proc.
    Even without the proc, I'm nearly as fast as the gcd in such a situation.
    The fact you posted that disgusting, worthless, crappy trinket in here made me cry =/
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    Hopefully yes. According to Quartz my latency is between 200-700 ms. This makes it PRETTY hard to play arcane without clipping missiles a few times.
    There's a small nice macro that can get you rid of that problem:

/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast

I have the [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] bound to most of my abilities to make sure I dont clip anything

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Magoman
    There's a small nice macro that can get you rid of that problem:

/cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast

I have the [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] bound to most of my abilities to make sure I dont clip anything
    Sigh... please see the other thread where people discussed in great detail why that is an awful macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    Holy shit 700? I generally run around 100, anything above 150 and I begin to notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Holy shit 700? I generally run around 100, anything above 150 and I begin to notice it.
    Yeah someone on this forum said something about a latency fix too (just might have been you) and I tried it, sadly I'm one of the few who it doesn't work for =(

However my latency according to Titan Panel is about 200-300 always. What's up with that?

A "bit" off topic, but can anyone explain this?:
    http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder-a/lowlatency-380.jpg (Seems you have to copy/paste)
    http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder-a/highlatency-48.jpg (Seems you have to copy/paste)

These are taken at rougly the same time, and nothing except Msn messenger and firefox to steal bandwidth. You can also see that titan panel shows the same MS, Quartz begs to differ though.

Quartz will do that occasionally. It's not always 100% correct so if it jumps around at a point in time, just go the safe route and don't clip your channel where it turns red. It's not as big of a deal nowadays since we don't use stopcasting macros anymore, but it still applies for channels. If quartz ever jumps from a 100 latency redbar to a 900 latency redbar, assume that it's still a 100 latency cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Quartz will do that occasionally. It's not always 100% correct so if it jumps around at a point in time, just go the safe route and don't clip your channel where it turns red. It's not as big of a deal nowadays since we don't use stopcasting macros anymore, but it still applies for channels. If quartz ever jumps from a 100 latency redbar to a 900 latency redbar, assume that it's still a 100 latency cast.
    yeah I've done that so it's not really a problem, just wondered if someone had an explanation. Thx btw.