Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne from 10-man Heroic?

there are a few problems with the jump between 10 and 25.

setting up the scenario you have 25 able people of equal skill, 10 of which can be made into a 10man.

firstly the gear goes

10man
    10man hc
    25 man
    25man hc

however the difficulty is generally

10 man
    25man
    10man hc
    25man hc

this means the incentive of doing the 10mans is there because of the gear being equal to a 25man on a hard mode

also the 10mans arent balanced around having a shaman so heroism + 25man gear is equal to you having the same lvl gear as if you already completed the instance

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    as said on front page. u need 25 primo saronite. wich i guees will drop in 25man, and you will probbably only gain rep from 25man. so atleast 25man norm i think. need more info to have a solid ground
    You get ashen verdict rep in the 10 man.

Oh look casuals crying for legendaries now.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Nope.

EDIT: Shadowmourne is frankly far too powerful to be awarded through any sort of 10-man raiding. Basically.
    Well imo it should be so hard to get that barely the top guilds are able to get it.
    Atleast that it's Very hard to get.

Hopefully shadowmourne isn't grindable like glaives and val'anyr.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    You get ashen verdict rep in the 10 man.
    still gonna need all of that Saronite

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbees
    Wouldn't surprise me if it could be purchased with badges and from 10 man heroic. Same as crusader orbs.
    same, but wouldnt suprise me if blizzard will wait a while with adding that as they did with crusader orbs. or i was just slow seeing they could be bought outside AT

I know 25 guilds who raid 2-3 days a week as well as 10 mans guilds raiding 2-3 days a week.

Being in a 25 does not make you elite or special, still requires the same rotation and time effort.

I did mimiron 25 pre-nerf. So can't say I have not done 25s so I don't know what I'm talking about.

25 mans take alot more time,effort and work to run consistantly so the best loot should come from them. There is some pretty nice stuff in current and future 10 man content which is a good thing also

same, but wouldnt suprise me if blizzard will wait a while with adding that as they did with crusader orbs. or i was just slow seeing they could be bought outside AT
    It won't matter, people can't get shadowmourne before the frostwing halls opens anyway and when it does they can just do all of the quests in a single week.

TL;DR

It will not be obtainable in 10 man heroic for one reason, and one reason only.

Rarity.

If it is available in 10man heroic, it means any raiding guild of 25 players, will be able to have 3+ people farming to get Shadowmourne at the same time, vs the 1 if it was just 25man.

More casuals will be able to farm, since heroic 10man is usually puggable after a given amount of time.

For an example, 30 Val'anyr's on a server, vs 200 Val'anyrs. Not much of a Legendary now is it?

Mass production Shadowmourne.

I think they want to avoid an inflation of Shadowmournes. Let me give you an example:
    We are pretty large guild, running 2x 25man raids each reset. That's mains only, no alts.

1. 25man only
    Let's say we need 15 resets to get Shadowmourne. That means, in 3 months, there will be 2x Shadowmourne on
    the realm, for our part.

2. 25man and 10man hc
    We still get the 2 axes from 25 mans. But, we will get another 5 from 10mans. That's 7x Shadowmourne in the same amount of time. That's A LOT more.

Deleted

It won't matter, people can't get shadowmourne before the frostwing halls opens anyway and when it does they can just do all of the quests in a single week.
    also. last quest is to "kill the lich king" right?

I really don't understand why people (and not to point fingers, but I'm guessing its the 10 man guilds that want this legendary) use come backs like "Omg, you only say 10 man hm was easier cuz you cleared it with 25 man gear". The guild that I'm in has had 2 25 man groups, and anywhere from 4 to 5 10 man groups each week. About half of those are alts. Each and every group cleared 25 and 10hm the week it was available. I don't really care which is harder to clear, just don't use that excuse. My main is a shaman, and she didn't get anything from 25 ToC til after anub was dead (first 245 tier came from the tribute chest on 10).

10hm probably have harder encounters for the most part.
    25mans just have to deal with alot more people that don't know what they are doing (10s you can just not take the nosebleeds, 25s you are normally forced to take a few at least).

Val'ynar (?) was only obtainable in 25s. Did you complain then? Not really. If, as you say 25s is just stupidly easy, why don't you just pug 15 other people to add to your 10 man group. Considering how easy raids have been in general this xpac, pugging this place should be very easy, more so if you already have a solide core (your 10man hm group). You can probably even reserve those shards if you bring the majority of the group (as we did with val).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Shadowmourne from 10 man HC??? HELL NO

Look I know 10 man hc can be hard but are you 10 manners honestly telling me that none of you has a single piece of 25 man gear??? So none of you 10 manners pug VoA25 and gotten lucky, none of you???
    Also none of you have ever bought a Tocg25 crafting recipe? or perhaps bought the crafted piece itself?

B*LLSH*T if you say that all your gear is strict 10 man only.

I personally would love to see a dubbed down version of a legendary
    They have dubbed down versions of legendaries; they're called epics.

Also, this whole comparing HM10man to N25Man is silly. Was 10man Firefighter harder than 25man Mimi? Yes. Did it drop Fragments? No. Blizzard has said they wont make legendaries available through 10man content; 10man content is there to appease the people who either prefer or are limited to smaller raiding scenarios so as to allow them to see the content. 10man hard modes are there to grant a challenge to those who want to get more out of their 10man experience.

And yes, I do raid H10man and N/H25man content, so I'm very familiar with the disparity between them. I also run 10man content on an alt who has no pieces of 25man gear. I can certainly see the appeal of getting it through 10man, but...while I'd be more than happy to snag S-mourne on my alt, I don't want to see it be an option.

also. last quest is to "kill the lich king" right?
    This part of the quest comes after getting shadowmourne, it isn't required to get the legendary.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by det
    If all that shadowmourne requires is killing bosses on 25 man normal, then why not allow those quests also be done on 10 man hard?
    Shadowmourne is a higher item level than the hard mode drops so I seriously doubt that you can complete the whole quest chain without doing any hard modes.

15+ Year Old Account

If they make shadowmourne obtainable in 10 man hc it would not be legendery anymore, plain and simple.

You really think noone in 25 man guilds would go in with their 25 man gear and farm the crap out of it with serveral groups?

It just wouldn't work!

Just think alittle for christs sake... would even be able to get it on my nub alt :

Deleted

This part of the quest comes after getting shadowmourne, it isn't required to get the legendary.

Edit:

Shadowmourne is a higher item level than the hard mode drops so I seriously doubt that you can complete the whole quest chain without doing any hard modes.
    I think you should have to "kill" him cause, thunderfury, requierd ragnaros, a last boss, same with the hammer. and illidan dropped glaives. + ateish main pieces from Kt and C'thun, also that you have to throw the pieces of val'anyr into yoggys mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Toothache
    Also none of you have ever bought a Tocg25 crafting recipe? or perhaps bought the crafted piece itself?
    They aren't 25 man recipes. They drop from Totgc10 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothache
    B*LLSH*T if you say that all your gear is strict 10 man only.
    Mine is.

Incidentally, I don't think Shadowmourne should be available from 10 man heroic. I'm just pointing out that your rant is inaccurate.

I think you should have to "kill" him cause, thunderfury, requierd ragnaros, a last boss, same with the hammer. and illidan dropped glaives. + ateish main pieces from Kt and C'thun, also that you have to throw the pieces of val'anyr into yoggys mouth
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24549/shadowmourne/ comes before http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24748/t...gs-last-stand/

We don't know everything about the quest chain yet but for now it doesn't look like you will have to kill arthas for the axe.

Personally I would love to see Shadowmourne accessible through 10man heroic ICC. It makes sense that it would be since 10man heroic will be harder than 25 man normal...

I mean ToC 25 is the most laughable instance in the game. Ulduar 10 hard modes are harder than Anubarak on 25man normal. Anybody that says 25man is harder tha n 10man heroic is either 1) retarded or 2) doesnt do 10man heroic b/c they are used to being carried in 25mans and cant do them.

Will it happen ? Probably not.