Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne from 10-man Heroic?

Id like it from 10man HM so I can get it and make a 3v3 retadin ms warr blood dk setup with 3 of em ^^

Btw: 25hm>10hm>25normal>10normal.

Do I think that 10 man hard mode will be harder than 25 man normal? yes

So in a since it should be attainable through 10 man hard, but if it was...The weapon would no longer be "Legendary".

I see 1-2 people tops per 25 man raid guild actually aquiring one of these.
    If it were in 10 man, not only would you have those 2 people from 25 man getting it, you'd have 2 people from 2 10 man groups getting it. So you'd end up with 4 people in a guild with that weapon.

if 4 people have that legendary per guild..... it kind of loses it' stature as a rare feat,a nd becomes just another Epic...

I have a couple things to say.

#1. I lead a 10 man only raiding group. Yes. 10 man ONLY. If anyone has 25 man loot it's because they pugged something on their own time. If you don't believe that there are 10 man only guilds out there, you're either blind or retarded (or both).

#2. I don't really care if Shadowmourne is 25 man only. I think it'd be cool if a 10 man group could get it but at the expense of a longer quest line/rep grind/something, but I won't whine either way.

#3. Anyone calling 10 mans "casuals" and "scrubs" are the cancer that's killing WoW. Grow up. Just because we don't play the game the exact same way as you doesn't mean we're inferior.

I much prefer raiding with 10 close friends that I've known for 5+ years than raiding with 10 close friends and 15 assholes. I've done the 40 man raids, I've done the 25 man raids in BC...10 man is just more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin
    Anyone calling 10 mans "casuals" and "scrubs" are the cancer that's killing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousFox
    Which would actually be relevant if we were comparing 10H ro 25H. But we aren't.

Going by the statistics I've found, it would seem that 10H is harder than 25.

http://wow.guildprogress.com

Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 - 8.26%
    Trial of the Crusader 25 - 15.30%

Three Lights in the Darkness 10 - 6.48%
    Yogg-Saron 25 - 7.56%
    was this suppose to make any sense at all?

Deleted

I'm ok with the "legendary only for 25 man raids idea" i only think blizz can make Shadow's edge craftable in 10man raid but to gain the legendary you must go in the 25 man so everybody is happy

No, 10 mans are easy and do not deserve legendaries. They were conceived so "casuals" could see content and loot is not content. If you're possessed by loot then join a 25man guild and start dating the GM or paying his bills or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin
    casuals are the cancer that's killing WoW.
    fixed

Considering this whole flame thread has a casual undertone

I still don't understand why we don't "deserve" things. Some of us who only do 10 mans put in just as much time and effort as people who do 25 mans (and sometimes MORE)...we just do things with less people.

And I don't really think 10 mans are easier. Have you tried Yogg-Saron with only Naxx and Ulduar 10 man gear? It's not easy at all.

Still not saying 10 man'ers should get the legendary...just saying we don't deserve all this disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by dcruise
    fixed

Considering this whole flame thread has a casual undertone
    10 man guilds =/= casual

Since when does "less people" mean "casual"?

I still don't understand why we don't "deserve" things. Some of us who only do 10 mans put in just as much time and effort as people who do 25 mans (and sometimes MORE)...we just do things with less people.

And I don't really think 10 mans are easier. Have you tried Yogg-Saron with only Naxx and Ulduar 10 man gear? It's not easy at all.

Still not saying 10 man'ers should get the legendary...just saying we don't deserve all this disrespect.
    what he said. it all comes down to elitist assmunches who want it, not because it's fun to have, but only because someone else can't get it. selfish selfish bastards.

There's like 1 encounter ever that's ahrder than the 25man version and that's S3D.

10M Yogg harder than 25M? Do me a favour. ToGC10 harder than 25M? Rofl no.

Quit living pre-3.1. 10M are easier than 25M in 99% of encounters. You don't put in more or even equal effort. I thought 10M guilds were meant to be all about the content and not about phat lootz, it's quite clear reading 3 pages of this thread that all you want IS loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    I think you should have to "kill" him cause, thunderfury, requierd ragnaros, a last boss, same with the hammer. and illidan dropped glaives. + ateish main pieces from Kt and C'thun, also that you have to throw the pieces of val'anyr into yoggys mouth
    in the questline, tirion believes that the only way to defeat the lich king is to obtain a weapon able to match frostmourne.. technically we should not be allowed to kill arthas without one, but we know that isn't happening as bad rng is bad

also
    That legendary wasn't hard at all to get....so in a way, why be so precious about Shadowmourne?
    my guild did uld every week since release till 11/03 before we got a val'anyr, meanwhile a guild had 3 (1 from transfer) and another guild had 2. as above bad RNG is BAD, some people are insanely unlucky.. why should something of legendary status be based on luck rather than skill?

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousFox

Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 - 8.26%
    Yogg-Saron 25 - 7.56%
    Quoted the above for hilarity.

If you think the top 5% of raiders is a small percentage, than the number of strictly 10m guilds will really shock you. Blizz stopped catering to small percentages, which is what you are asking for. Unless you're asking for a legendary via the path of least resistance, in which case I have 0 hope for you. The only way shards/quest items should drop on 10H is if no one in the raid is wearing any piece from a 25m at all. Not Algalon 25, not Valanyr, not ToGC25, and especially no T10.25/IC25 loot. Kind of like a Herald/AD but for the whole instance.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    There's like 1 encounter ever that's ahrder than the 25man version and that's S3D.

Quit living pre-3.1. 10M are easier than 25M in 99% of encounters. You don't put in more or even equal effort. I thought 10M guilds were meant to be all about the content and not about phat lootz, it's quite clear reading 3 pages of this thread that all you want IS loot.
    Actually, seeing as how I keep saying I don't care who gets the legendary...I really don't think what I want is loot.

What I would like is a pipedream...and that's for people who play this game to stop caring who gets or does what, since it doesn't really fucking matter.

You hardcore super awesome elite raiders can have your legendary. I'll have more fun actually enjoying raiding with a close-knit group of friends.

Woooosh, off to math class.

people who do mainly 10mans pay their $15 a month too.. why is it because they don't feel like trying to carry / wiping with 5+ idiots in a big guild, that they don't deserve a legendary weapon?

some servers there are so few alliance that you can't really get into a good 25 guild, so you either do 10's with friends or fail at 25's because people can't hit a few buttons at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    people who do mainly 10mans pay their $15 a month too.. why is it because they don't feel like trying to carry / wiping with 5+ idiots in a big guild, that they don't deserve a legendary weapon?

some servers there are so few alliance that you can't really get into a good 25 guild, so you either do 10's with friends or fail at 25's because people can't hit a few buttons at the right time
    Oh no the $15 a month argument. You pay $15 a month to have the chance of experiencing all the game. If all you play this game for is loot you need to rethink your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    10h toc is harder than 25, the fact that you don't think so is because either you have downies in your 25 and run with a good group of 10's, or YOU are the downie

whats harder, healing a tank getting 30k impales + melee (10man) or like 17k impales + melee
    or jaraxxus's chick when she silences the raid and hits someone for 90% of their hp, or when she hits the tank for 4 dmg and 3 people dps her?

edit: nope i pay the $15 to experience as much as i can from the game, but if someone can't do that simply because they can't join a 25man guild they should be allowed to experience just as much with enough work put in

Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear

It's the laws of the universe. Every action has an equal but opposite reaction. Shadowmourne currently requires the effort of 24 other people along with the potential wielder to create. The effort put in by 9 people simply shouldn't have the same outcome. Shadowmourne has an ilvl above anything else in the game, making the gear progression in IC: IC10, IC25/10H, IC 25H, Shadowmourne. What you're asking simply disobeys the laws of physics is all.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind if they made some kind of other legendary with similar quests just for 10-man. My computer can't handle 25-mans very well.
    Vol'jin fanboy