Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Who is your shadowmourne going to?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    My point was the amount of time its going to take to create the Shadowmourne will eliminate casuals from getting the weapon. You may see more people getting the Shadowmourne than previous legendaries, but thats just because WoW is a bigger entity now.
    We'll have to down Arthas too, so nobody will have it until late January to mid-February anyways :P .
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodawarfare
    Just wanting to know who yours is going to

we have ours possible going to a DK tank over dps.... is this the right decision?
    Its very much the wrong decision .. and yes im a DPS and no i dont want the tank to have it over me
    - Simple facts that the stats is better for a DPS than for a DK tank

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    Don't you love how people don't even bother to take the time to realize that none of the items required for Shadowmourne are non-quest items.

ANY DK,Warrior, Pally will be able make a Shadowmourne if their guild will be capable of clearing 25 man ICC.
    Dunno, WoWhead has 200 items listed as Quest Items that are also not lootable by more than 1 person in the group: http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter...rs=2:1;crv=0:0
    I'm not familiar with all of those items but I do remember that the [Shrunken Head] Quest Items from Bloodscalp Headhunters for the quest Headhunting in Stranglethorn Vale could only be collected by 1 person in the group at a time, for example.

The people claiming that everyone on the quest will be able to loot the Shadowfrost Shards may very well be right, but I'd like some official confirmation. And until then the fact that they are listed as Quest Items isn't really convincing evidence.

The main reason I'm sceptical towards the idea of everyone on the quest being able to loot the Shards is because by the time you can get to the step to collect the Shards (Sindragosa), you can have collected 25 Primordial Saronites without guild help already -- if you run dailies/weekly raid/VoA/ICC10&25 diligently of course. So it seems a tad generous of Blizzard to give a legendary to every eligible class in the guild at the same time.

Time will tell, I guess.

The quest item tag means nothing in determining how many people can loot it. There are quest items that only one person can loot, there are quest items that everyone can loot. However, I think everyone will be able to loot Shadowfrost Shards simply because that amount of shards - in combination with all the other stuff you have to do for the chain - would be excessive if it was one-per-person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    I think everyone will be able to loot Shadowfrost Shards simply because that amount of shards - in combination with all the other stuff you have to do for the chain - would be excessive if it was one-per-person.
    Depends. Icecrown bosses might drop 2-3 shards at a time. And if you look at all the stuff you need to do the only "road block" is the Shadowfrost Shards. The other steps you can finish with your guild in 1 raid week and the soul farming you can do with some friends in your own time.

If they were only lootable by a single person I think they'd be actual drops, similar to the splinters for the Atiesh, but from everything that has been datamined so far, I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    Depends. Icecrown bosses might drop 2-3 shards at a time. And if you look at all the stuff you need to do the only "road block" is the Shadowfrost Shards. The other steps you can finish with your guild in 1 raid week and the soul farming you can do with some friends in your own time.
    You can actually only gain souls from ICC raid mobs, so it still requires your raid group, and could take a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadfred
    You can actually only gain souls from ICC raid mobs, so it still requires your raid group, and could take a little while.
    I think it specifies that you can get souls from both 10-man and 25-man. Heard some people were planning on farming the trash in the 10-man. You probably won't need more than 5 people for most pulls. That's what I meant by farming with your friends on your own time.

I'd do pretty much anything to get it but since ret is off-spec i hope my budd (dps warrior) gets it ;D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Since most people will need he help of their guild to get the primordial saronite, my guild is sponsoring people 1 at a time, they currently have a list of 3.

Ret Pally
    DPS DK
    Me(DPS DK)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Umbranex
    I know, I'm just saying it sounds easier to obtain then the other Legendary weps.
    It takes more effort and time to get than the Warglaives or Thori'dal.

And just to stay on topic, I'm getting Shadowmourne. I am a fury warrior (Possibly arms depending on how things go with dps capabilities). It will be glorious.

Our enh shammy.

Either myself (Ret Paladin) or our DPS Warrior. We've both been with the guild from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    Since most people will need he help of their guild to get the primordial saronite, my guild is sponsoring people 1 at a time
    We've discussed this in our guild. Currently it seems like it will be around 2-3 months before Sindragosa is unlocked and the Shadowfrost Shard collecting can commence. So currently we don't see any need to hurry with the Primordial Saronite distribution.

I guess there's a possibility that our predictions are wrong. For example, the quests could be in the wrong order in the mmo-champ post. I don't know how the order was determined by Boubouille. It seems to me that the quest order could be different. But it's probably not, I hope. I just don't know what indicates the quest order, but I probably missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    The quest item tag means nothing in determining how many people can loot it. There are quest items that only one person can loot, there are quest items that everyone can loot. However, I think everyone will be able to loot Shadowfrost Shards simply because that amount of shards - in combination with all the other stuff you have to do for the chain - would be excessive if it was one-per-person.
    Yes, it doesn't make sense at all that they might make the shards lootable by only one person because everyone needs a legendary...amiright?
    People who spam one button aren't noobs, they are just ahead of the curve, because at some point the game will be just that easy.

Enhancement shaman or hunter. We haven't decided yet. We'd give it to a warrior, death knight, or ret pally, but our warriors tank, DKs are banned from the guild, and our ret pallies only raid one night a week because they drool on their keyboards on Tuesdays and have to wait 6 days for it to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    Enhancement shaman or hunter. We haven't decided yet. We'd give it to a warrior, death knight, or ret pally, but our warriors tank, DKs are banned from the guild, and our ret pallies only raid one night a week because they drool on their keyboards on Tuesdays and have to wait 6 days for it to dry out.
    if that wasn't sarcasm, don't worry you'll never see a shadowmourne so it won't matter whether you try and give it to a class that can't use it or not (and the stats are terrible for both of those class's)

Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    if that wasn't sarcasm, don't worry you'll never see a shadowmourne so it won't matter whether you try and give it to a class that can't use it or not (and the stats are terrible for both of those class's)
    Whoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    Whoosh!
    your bad at sarcasm, besides its not that hard to believe that someone would legitimately say that with all the trash out there

Quote Originally Posted by Vodawarfare
    Just wanting to know who yours is going to

we have ours possible going to a DK tank over dps.... is this the right decision?
    Umm... Shadowmourne is available to all warriors, dks, and paladins who have the balls to collect all the mats, do all the encounters, and kill all those poor, corrupted souls. It's only a matter of who's willing to spend all their frost badges on orbs, really. So I suppose the person most obsessed with farming and lore will get it. Aka the loladin tank in my guil.d