Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling A DK. Need Quick Tips

Hey, I have a 80 shaman and I am looking for a straight melee class and possibly tank for next patch. I want to level my DK which is at 60 now. I figured it would be the easiest since it is only 20 levels away. What I was wondering is if anyone had tips on leveling fastto get him to 80 as fast as possible. Any and all post are welcome. I know the rotation of a blood DK pretty well.

Re: Leveling A DK. Need Quick Tips

Level as blood, only blood. Focus on self healing gg. ez group quests & mass pulls.

Go Blood Spec: IT-PS-DS-HS-HS

In a few days you'll be 80.

Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

I've leveled 3 dks and find that blood is the easiest and has the least down time. Unholy maybe more fun and dps but you will have to stop now and again.

Thanks for the help Ialso have a lot of friends who can run me through instances so that will help also.

try not to fall asleep while killing stuff

if you fight elite mobs/need hp/have blood runes on cd

specc would be sth. like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMq...ZfMh0xc:GIpmMV
    few def cooldowns (rune tap/mark of blood/vampiric blood) to ensure you can solo almost everything including 5 man quests

The quickest tip I can give that hasn't already been covered is thus:

Don't.

More DK alts cluttering up the place just means retards claiming DKs should have higher representation in arenas.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

As said skill blood and have fun, especially with the DK starting quests, hit 58, go straight to Outlands, kill anything that comes in los, hit 68, then straight to the lich kings little island and keep on killing til you hit 80.

If you want to tank sometimes pay the 1k bugs and get a tankspecc, that will keep you happy when you stand in front of all these dungeon bosses.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    The quickest tip I can give that hasn't already been covered is thus:

Don't.

More DK alts cluttering up the place just means retards claiming DKs should have higher representation in arenas.
    Aye, if you do decide to lvl your dk, just go blood spec, there really isn't a set rotation for your lvl tho, its more of preference type of thing (it was for me anyway), granted I did lvl when we JUST came out and were entirely unbeatable haha. Don't worry aobut a rotation until you actually start doing instances, I don't think I did a single one until I hit 80.

When levelling as blood, the really important thing is the speed at which you roll your face across the keyboard. Too slow and you won't deathstrike enough, too fast you'll do too much overhealing - either way you may take so much damage that 6 or even 5 mobs are able to overwhelm you.

Try to roll your face smoothly and firmly.

You're starting at 60. You can just run around killing whatever you see and still get to 80 weeks ahead of a real different class.

1. Go Blood
    2. Get a Glyph of Death Grip
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Go blood, saves a lot of time eating! I started Unholy for permapet and explode corpse, Nice DPS but not worth the downtime.

Now, when you get to 80, buy crafted tanking stuff. Don't be the jerk tanking in PvP/DPS gear. Gives aspiring tanks like myself a bad name. ;D

Edit: This too!!
    Get Glyph of Death Grip
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr
    i was like yeah, and then noticed this thread sucked :

i was like yeah, and then noticed your post was not constructive in any way.
    Kumduh's ban crits you for 7 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    1. Go Blood
    2. Get a Glyph of Death Grip
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    cause death grip glyph really is good.. oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    cause death grip glyph really is good.. oh wait
    ....Because 100% uptime on pulls is bad....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr
    i was like yeah, and then noticed this thread sucked :

i was like yeah, and then noticed your post was not constructive in any way.
    Kumduh's ban crits you for 7 days!

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.

try not to fall asleep while killing stuff

if you fight elite mobs/need hp/have blood runes on cd

specc would be sth. like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMq...ZfMh0xc:GIpmMV
    few def cooldowns (rune tap/mark of blood/vampiric blood) to ensure you can solo almost everything including 5 man quests
    dude, sick, thanks
    This is awesome, more people should post the rotation of classes with simple images
    <- dk at 61, no time to level, but one day maybe.... and no time to look up what IT ST BT etc means

Quote Originally Posted by akribath
    ....Because 100% uptime on pulls is bad....?
    not exactly bad but unnecessary. using the glyph slot for dmg provides more profit.
    pull a mob with IT (20yrd with lvl specc) and beat its head in. loot and pull the next mob with IT works fine

but if you like flying mobs go for it, its not that important.

What would be good starting professions i was thinking like Mining and something else. Jewl Crafting Maybe. Thanks for all the tips though. I only get to play on the weekends though which sucks. In about 2 weeks though i get 2weeks off for winter break so Im hoping that whole time i can get him to 80 and get him geared also have enough money to get hi ready to start tanking as well.

started with mining+jc. skilled both to 450, then farmed mats for bs 1-450, dropped mining and voillá...
    if you don't have the time/don't want to spend the night in badland caves you can get most of the ore/bars/gems from the ah, but thats very expansive

Cerabret100

Well...i'm not expert, seeing as my dk is only 63.

But i'm levelling as frost with a tank spec so i can tank instances.

I'm sure that isn't smart, but i've never tanked before so i really want one, i just feel bad for the people who get me on my first tanking instance.

I have to say it's not too bad, i kill everything relatively quickly, can tank multiple mobs, and don't really have down time, so i like it.