Poll: Do you think Blizzard opening a few Hardmode Servers (where all raids are hardmode) would help ease

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hardmode Servers ?

Hardmode server more info comming-

My story: i play on a low pop server. I started playing Wow a few months into the BC expansion and the best guilds on my server were working on Grull and Mag at the time while most were still in kara. i lvled up and got to 70 about the time they got half way into into ssc and tk. ssc and tk stalled many guilds on my server for a long time letting me catch up and join one just in time to kill vashj and keal a few weeks b4 the attunment was removed. most guilds on high pop servers were well into bt by this time with many of them having it on farm but that didnt bother me.

more comming....

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hardmode Servers ?

I don't see the point.

Woohoo! Now there is servers that have raids that are only hardmode! Why waste blizzards time when instead you just don't do normal modes and just go ahead and do heroic? Are hardcore people that lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu
    I don't see the point.

Woohoo! Now there is servers that have raids that are only hardmode! Why waste blizzards time when instead you just don't do normal modes and just go ahead and do heroic? Are hardcore people that lazy?
    Apparently you missed the part of the 3.3 news that said heroic mode requires you to clear it on normal mode?

I think hard mode servers would be a good idea.. but.. won't happen.

Where is the option "I like how it is now, everyone has access to hardmode/normal mode"?

Seriously, why would you need hardmode only servers?

Why? I'd rather have the ability to pick both normal and hard so that I can have double the emblems, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by QueloR
    Where is the option "I like how it is now, everyone has access to hardmode/normal mode"?

Because.. ahem.. (disclaimer: I dont feel this way.. neccesarily.. this is just what the "i miss vanilla" crowd would say) People miss the feeling of truly epic gear being super hard to get, people miss the feeling of only the best people having purple gear.

I .. think that its great the way it is .. but id be lying (as I think most would) if you dont some times think back fondly at how epic the feeling of getting 8/8 tier 2 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Because.. ahem.. (disclaimer: I dont feel this way.. neccesarily.. this is just what the "i miss vanilla" crown would say) People miss the feeling of epic truly epic gear being super hard to get, people miss the feeling of only the best people havinh purple gear.

I .. think that its great the way it is .. but id be lying (as I think most would) if you dont some times think back fondly at how epic the feeling of getting 8/8 tier 2 was.
    Didn't feel that epic to me. Only satisfaction was that the last piece finally sodding dropped after killing the boss for 20 sodding weeks.

EDIT: And that was before I got it, I had to wait for three other paladins to get it before I could get it myself.

You can ask for a Vanilla only Hardmode only server and kill two birds with one whining stone

Quote Originally Posted by QueloR

that was option 3, i logged in after 4 months off and lolz everyone in dal is wearing t9.something and .... i cant even tell anymore they all look the same and there are some stats that are 4 or 5 points higher on some versions.

i mean would it really bother you if they gave others this option?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    EDIT: And that was before I got it, I had to wait for three other paladins to get it before I could get it myself.
    Again.. not saying I dissagree with you.. because I think the game has immproved in almost every way these last 5 years.. but..

The vannila rocks crowd would say that waiting so long for certain pieces was part of the "epic" part of getting stuff.

For me it was the BP off nefarion.. Judgement never dropped.. then.. one week when I had to miss the raid (I never msised.. ever) two dropped. Hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    You can ask for a Vanilla only Hardmode only server and kill two birds with one whining stone
    Vanilla servers is more like killing two stones with one bird

It would be... Epic (mostly to shut down all the forum trolling about Vanilla being so much better tho)

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    Vanilla servers is more like killing two stones with one bird
    Yes, well a bird in the strand is worth two in Shepherd's Bush...

Sorry, I thought this thread was just about spouting rubbish...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Apparently you missed the part of the 3.3 news that said heroic mode requires you to clear it on normal mode?

I think hard mode servers would be a good idea.. but.. won't happen.
    Forgot that... but it brings me back to hardcores being lazy. Hardmode servers would be just a waste of time for blizzard.

No.. Just.. No.

now that i think about it, this would REALLY suck.

if we drained all the competent people out of the servers as they server-change to these, my server's average PUG raiding population will be even dimmer still! i won't even be able to reach end-game content, because there aren't enough smart people to carry a couple idiots.

If tuning raids so they can be done with 15 out of the 25 people alive, the rest disconnected, dead, etc; is the only way for my server to reach the Lich King, dag gummit it's balanced!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    no because people will whine about there being new content on a vanilla server (i know this is obvious but us internet people are pretty dumb) people would whine if you gave everyone a million pound each so just sit back and whine with everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabear
    no because people will whine about there being new content on a vanilla server (i know this is obvious but us internet people are pretty dumb) people would whine if you gave everyone a million pound each so just sit back and whine with everyone else
    Majority of the whining comes from 2 major sources or a combination of these sources

1. Old Vanilla Vet - think that everyone non-vanilla is garbage and the rest of the population will never experience PvP, PvE or anything as epic as it was back then when they did it, which is why they constantly whine about today and how the game has been ruined. ( Reminds me a lot like seniors in malls drinking coffee and complaining about todays youth )

2. Hardcore Raiders - love the exclusivness of being the best and wants everyone around them to know they are better then them, wether by looking at gear, mounts etc.. or seeing a epic storyline at the end of a raid that others won't ever see but them. Because they have deemed themselves the best they expect Blizzard to treat them as the best and be a top priority and cater to there demands which usually include more ways to glorify there characters at the rest of the populations expense. Anything that allows others to see what they have seen or even equip an item they once had 2 tiers back is an absolute tragedy.

With a Vanilla Harmode only server we can be rid of these constant tears that flood the forums.... at least until they get bored of there content after 48 straight hours of raiding

I dont want to be forced to make a server change...
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I fucking hate polls like these. Ever heard of...

'Yes'
    and
    'No'

Instead of

'Yes I would love this in every single way because I'm better than everyone else and I would fucking fuck fuck if this happened also I like boys'
    and
    'I LEIK MAI GEERZ TOO B BETAR THEN EVERYWUN ALSE!'

-----------Ontopic-----------
    I see absolutely no point, and plus, how are you supposed to do hardmode content without the tier of gear before it?