Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Looking for a simple Enhance macro

Quote Originally Posted by duffybarracuda
    is a good Flame/Earthshock Macro out there or what what would u use Levva?
    The best option is what Telemain already posted.

The issue here is that Flameshock only does a little bit more damage than Earthshock does and only when allowed to run the full duration.

There is no macro that can be written or MOD create that can properly ensure that you will always use the proper one because it would have to check if Flameshock was on the correct target and only use it when it wasn't and Blizzard specifically disabled the ability to do something like that in a macro/MOD because they don't want the game making decisions for you.

Even then it wouldn't do the correct thing on the twins. Unless I'm mistaken the duration you have to burn down the shield on the twins is short enough that you would do more dmg while the shield was up using only earth shock when switching to the other twin rather than starting with a Flame Shock because the shield will be down or the heal will have gone off before enough of the dot ticks happen for Flameshocks total damage to pass Earth shock. Sure it will still do slightly more total damage but it comes after it really no longer matters.

As I said previously if you aren't willing to actively pick the correct shock to use then just use earth shock all the time. The DPS difference from mixing in flame shock isn't huge and doing it wrong will actually lower your dps. Personally I haven't added Flameshock to my priority list or action bar again and just stick to earth shock.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    So is the idea to let flame shock expire before reapplying?
    Yes. Flame shock is only a dps increase at all if you let it run for all the ticks of the dot which is why it only became viable after the changes that extended the base duration and changed the glyph to make the ticks crit instead. If you clip it or the mob dies before the dot finishes Earth shock would have done more dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    You would be surprised then to find out just how closely FS and ES are together. Too much clipping of FS repetitively in a fight and you have just performed more poorly than simply using ES every CD instead. Yeah, it matters that much.
    Agreed, but in the case of Twins youre talking clipping maybe 2 shocks total over the fight, which isn't going to be significant.

Just registrered to reply to this thread

I am using the quite good addon (ShockAndAwe) developed by Leeva to handle my Prioritys. There is a setting wich handles the number of FS ticks left before refreshing it. I works quite good and dosent interfere with other shamans FS.

I would suggest it instead of a macro because the macro dosent take in that you can etc. FS multiple adds on Jaraxuss etc etc. I know my rotation quite well but sometimes in hectic situations like Anub HM it is smooth to have a litlle reminder of wich button to push next. The Magma totem handling is also just sweet.

I have cut out a lot of the bars and my priority goes something like : MW5_LB (Also set through PowerAurasClassic) - FS - ES_SS - SS - ES - LL - MT - LS

Shamanistic Rage is used on CD or Need (Hate the new T10 for making a defensive ability to a offensive also) and the same with Spirit Wolfes

P.S. Sorry for my bad engrish

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Yes. Flame shock is only a dps increase at all if you let it run for all the ticks of the dot which is why it only became viable after the changes that extended the base duration and changed the glyph to make the ticks crit instead. If you clip it or the mob dies before the dot finishes Earth shock would have done more dmg.
    Oh, so is it only an in increase with the glyph or is nonglyphed still a slight increase?

Non glyphed is still a dps increase. It is because of the changes that happened to the base duration of the dot that it is a dps increase. 2 extra dot ticks made it to more damage then earth shock over the whole duration.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    Oh, so is it only an in increase with the glyph or is nonglyphed still a slight increase?
    Before the FS Glyph is worth considering you must be able to run a rather smooth Shock Rotation. You can not allow it ran out or refresh it before it ends. If you fail at this the Glyphs DPS increase is falling quite dramaticly