Poisons question (heirlooms and mut spec)

currently leveling as mutilate (70) dual wielding the heirloom daggers.

because of the poison changes, since they are the same speed, i'm thinking it's better damage to put deadly in the main hand and instant in the off.

i can see the problem when it's a mob where deadly doesn't stack to 5, but when it does would this mean more instant procs (from deadly)?

Re: Poisons question (heirlooms and mut spec)

Doesn't really matter, it's not like killing a mob in 10sec and killing it in 9 is going to blow your mind and make you magically level to 80. Just level, worry about every aspect for max dps later.

Honestly, things shouldn't be living long enough for deadly poisen to be actually usefull, IMO use Dual instant, and use evisc, if its elites or stuff you don't kill really quick, use instant deadly, or even deadly instant, personal preferences would make the difference

I use wound and instant to make mutilate do biggah damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    I use wound and instant to make mutilate do biggah damage.
    ^ true.... very true...

well, i suppose it doesn't matter until i hit 80.

but it got me thinking, what if i am 80 and both my daggers are the same speed?

if they are both the same speed, *puts both fingures in the air, realising something* you would want deadly poisen in the mainhand, because you get faster uptime on your 5stack deadly, faster enevenom possibilities, and... i can't think of anything else, but yes, if BOTH daggers, are for some obscure reason, are the same spead, use the deadly poisen in the mainhand

HOWEVER, if you're a fresh 80, blam, 80 with hierlooms, Drop the Offhand, and purchase a librairians papercutter, throw it in the offhand with deadly poison, replace it with the ilvl 232 dagger from Heroic ICC 5 man drops

Spec this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#fGxco...zZ0xzZebfbh0zb
    Put Instant MH and OH

Stealth up to mob -> Cheapshot -> Mutilate x2 -> Eviscerate

Mob dies in less than 4-5 GCDs. Restealth and move to the next mob. Many times the mob will die even before your Stealth CD is up. Just try it out. And no, "Mutilate x2" is not a typo.

You would want DP on the main hand weapon with two slow daggers, yes.

But that is assuming you would use it in the first place. I would make a random spec involving imp. eviscerate and just go IP/IP, or even leave out imp. poisons for now and use wound/wound. Sounds crazy but without the added proc rate from the envenom buff and such low levels of AP it probably won't be worth using IP just yet.

For mutilate leveling, assuming lvl 70 onwards I'd go 41/10/10 and build as you please from there to 80. It will only really be worth picking up a pure PvE spec once you start running heroics and raids.