Thread: Tough Choice

Tough Choice

I have been having a tough choice on what spec i should go, Ive tried blood and unholy and there seems to be a slim difference. Blood being better. I went DW frost back when it first came out but idk if it is still good.

here is my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Barefootdany

i also have the Ony 10 2h sword. and Mirror of Truth.
    i do have some 1H weapons if frost was good but they are from naxx.
    any suggestions?

Re: Tough Choice

go blood u have so much arp its not even funny. but like if u get great 1handers maybe from toc then i would go dw frost. just remember dw frost is gear dependent and blood isn't really, u just need arp. if u do go through a gear change and if u have 245ish haste go unholy

Your using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47879 , you don't even have 4 pc t9 to use as an excuse "cuz i need critz"

I would normally try and point you in the right direction but this time no, Just delete your dk and reroll for all our sakes

which is why i stated i have the mirror of truth...thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    go blood u have so much arp its not even funny. but like if u get great 1handers maybe from toc then i would go dw frost. just remember dw frost is gear dependent and blood isn't really, u just need arp. if u do go through a gear change and if u have 245ish haste go unholy
    What is your basis for saying that "dw frost is gear dependent and blood isn't really."

I would like to say that you have no idea what you are talking about.

if u have bad 1handers , bad meaning below 232 then dw frost is prob not the best choice for u at the moment. and u can't really go dw frost when u go 80 even if u get 1handers. blood just scales better to gear at fresh 80. my point is blood will outdps dw frost during the first stages of gear but once u reach toc the numbers start becoming different.

if ur gonna say that i don't know wat im talking about then i suggest you reconsider what you already know about dks and each and every spec before u judge other people. blood does more dps for u than dw frost at fresh 80 is a fact not an opinion. just think common sense. dw frost only really gets good when oblits start hitting for 10k and above so yes it is gear dependent

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdan
    which is why i stated i have the mirror of truth...thanks for reading
    then use it? you fail at the point of rolling on fetish

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    then use it? you fail at the point of rolling on fetish
    it was just defaulted to me, so i gave it a shot. holy crap calm down im not retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    if u have bad 1handers , bad meaning below 232 then dw frost is prob not the best choice for u at the moment. and u can't really go dw frost when u go 80 even if u get 1handers. blood just scales better to gear at fresh 80. my point is blood will outdps dw frost during the first stages of gear but once u reach toc the numbers start becoming different.

if ur gonna say that i don't know wat im talking about then i suggest you reconsider what you already know about dks and each and every spec before u judge other people. blood does more dps for u than dw frost at fresh 80 is a fact not an opinion. just think common sense. dw frost only really gets good when oblits start hitting for 10k and above so yes it is gear dependent
    Nothing you have said answered my question, I'm asking where you got the idea that blood is somehow better at lower gear levels. I'm asking for the proof good sir.

ok ill have to break it down. 4-5 oblits with dw frost aren't as good as the 2 death strikes and 4 (i think lol) heart strikes of blood until the weapon damage of 1handers gets to about 178. and 1handers with 178 are basically lvl 232 weap.

if u don't get that then idk how else to explain it. its pretty simple if you've spent 5000gold on talent respecs like me. it helps to know wats good at this lvl and wats good here and there.

if u don't believe why don't u just go try it out by yourself its really not that hard. run toc10 and naxx and get the 1handers from both. then get shitty gear and put that on. then test it on a another toc10 run or watever u like.

the 2x 1h from knights of ebon blade was what i used before i buyed 2 tankards on my DK

i like frost Dw cuz that u got no time to slack, if u slack even 1-2 secs then whole rotation fails and ur dps will drop alot :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nivarr&n=Urass

that is my DK at his current gear

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    Your using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47879 , you don't even have 4 pc t9 to use as an excuse "cuz i need critz"

I would normally try and point you in the right direction but this time no, Just delete your dk and reroll for all our sakes
    and you used your dragon's eyes for expertise rating? really? ??? please learn to ask "why?" before flaming people.

Quote Originally Posted by Niflheim
    and you used your dragon's eyes for expertise rating? really? ??? please learn to ask "why?" before flaming people.
    So, you want to get technical

Your using a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40129 instead of a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110

the wrong meta, and also gemming for exp/hit when your already over the hit cap.

Two dragons eyes got me closer to the exp cap mark than replacing multiple Cardinal ruby's which is far more expensive on my server. I took the cost efficient route so sue me

As to asking "why" there's really no why to using fetish, sure maybe he wanted to test it out thats understandable but one dummy run would do that, im not even sure if it does activate off of our abilities if it does then maybe maybe i can see someone trying it in a raid, maybe popping it before garg and building it up then blowing garg ...maybe

If you can get 4pc t9, Unholy will vastly outstrip blood at this point. If you can't then I'd stick with blood. I've got approx the same amount of Amor Pen as me and I do quite nicely as unholy, granted I do have about 1k more AP than you do.

Honestly, do what you have fun with. If you want to try DW frost then go for it.