Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury Vs Arms warriors.

I can't seem to find anything about the dps differences between Fury and arms warriors epically on single target fights where fury can't hit multiple mobs at once with cleave/WW.

Re: Fury Vs Arms warriors.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/

Look @ the single target fights.

EDIT: Fury

About all of ToC is dominated by Fury because almost every fight involves something that can be hit other then the boss. I was just curious to know if on a single target fight with just the boss if arms and fury are similar.

there is an easy way to find out which one would be more useful for u and the raid as a whole.
    IS there a feral dps druid

YES go fury

No go arms

ps this is for 25s in 10 always fury

We do have a feral druid but for the next patch since mutilate is getting a huge buff to dps in the amount of almost 2k most rogues won't be combat so we lose the 4 percent damage buff, so I wondered if fury and arms were similar but ToC had just made fury overly good.

I would go fury in this case then

I play arms, got sick of Fury in 3.0

Managed to out DPS the fury warrior on all fights but Twins. Granted my gear was slightly better.

skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Fury outperforms arms at all times except possibly at low gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by XFuzzypeachX
    there is an easy way to find out which one would be more useful for u and the raid as a whole.
    IS there a feral dps druid

YES go fury

No go arms

ps this is for 25s in 10 always fury
    That doesn't even make sense, why would you choose 30% bleed damage (and 4% physical damage increase if you don't have a combat rogue somehow) over 5% crit chance? The bleed damage increase only affects certain specs of hunters, other warriors, rogues that haven't switch to an ArP eviscerate build and feral druids (but considering in your example there aren't any, they can be removed from the list).

When is it safe to make the switch to Fury?

Currently Arms using Fordragon Blades (ilv232, 232dps). What iLvl and/or dps on both weapons would be considered viable to switch from the fordragon blades to fury?

Also, my Rawr doesn't seem to understand fury at all, should I be using the other spreadsheet on EJ for Fury?
    Top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    When is it safe to make the switch to Fury?

Currently Arms using Fordragon Blades (ilv232, 232dps). What iLvl and/or dps on both weapons would be considered viable to switch from the fordragon blades to fury?

Also, my Rawr doesn't seem to understand fury at all, should I be using the other spreadsheet on EJ for Fury?
    Spreadsheet is ages better then RAWR.
    Do not use RAWR.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Too bad I have Open Office.
    Top 100.

A fully 245 geared fury warrior will do around 500 more dps single target than an arms warrior. I belive in a 25man raid its around 7700dps for fury 7200dps arms.

arms can't touch Fury,specially not in totc, and specially anub

if they're equally geared that is

So now that I'm using the other spreadsheet...

It still says arms is better than Fury, even if I throw in weapons I don't have.

When is it safe to judge switching to fury... I'm currently using a 232dps polearm, if I put a 255MH 232OH it still says arms is higher which I don't see possible... What dps on MH/OH would actually out-do the polearm? Would 2x 232's? A 255 and any OH?
    Top 100.

10+ Year Old Account

I was arms for a while and i prefer Fury over it, im not that great of geared but even in most raids where there are other warriors, fury and arms i tend to do a little better, granted this is a pug. I think ill always stay fury
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I'm mainly looking for when it starts to outperform it, currently all I do is pugs and I'm running mostly 232's and a couple 245's. Maybe not necessarily outperform, but since I'm doing pugs mostly, I'd like it to at least do comparable dps and trying to find out which weapons it will take to do similar dps to my fordragons blades.
    Top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    So now that I'm using the other spreadsheet...

It still says arms is better than Fury, even if I throw in weapons I don't have.

When is it safe to judge switching to fury... I'm currently using a 232dps polearm, if I put a 255MH 232OH it still says arms is higher which I don't see possible... What dps on MH/OH would actually out-do the polearm? Would 2x 232's? A 255 and any OH?
    checked the caps? Fury needs more expertise rating then arms for starters, and needs about 100 less hit rating.

There are reasons why people hate Rawr but is rarely Rawr's fault.
    1. They don't know how to use it correctly.
    2. They have never used it.
    3. They don't use it in conjunction with a speadsheet, which the author said himself that Rawr was never meant to replace spreadsheets such as Landsoul's.

I use Rawr, I find it pretty accurate, so accurate that I rarely NEED to use a spreadsheet. I wouldnt consider spreadsheets "ages" better...maybe "slightly"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

fury is easy to play but only causes high damage if u have the gear for it.
    arms is awesome.