Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and Cataclysm

Just wondering what will happen to the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth when cataclysm hits , will they update the vendors on it or will i have to spend 16k gold or more for a new mount with updates vendors. Any thoughts on the topic if its still worth to spend 16k gold on the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth before cataclysm or just wait and see what happens when the next expansion comes.

Re: Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and Cataclysm

It's probably going to stay in the same place for the same price. (just like Haris Pilton and the "Gigantique" Bag)
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

yah its deff not gonna drop in price so dont get ur hopes up

I think hes asking about the venders on the mounts....not the price of hte mount dropping
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    I feel like I should find you irl and slap you for being so god damn stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser
    I once told a girl who is a WoW player that I was on a date with, "Your pants are epic, I hope they drop."
    Dispenser begins to cast Portal: Undercity
    Kanye West casts: "MAGE, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'M GONNA LET YOU FINISH..."
    Dispenser is interrupted
    Kanye West casts: "BUT MEDIVH HAD ONE OF THE BEST PORTALS OF ALL TIME!"

That's why it's a money sink. They'll probably release something in cataclysm which is similar to this mammoth and make you buy that for another ridiculous amount to get the new vendors. If it updated every expansion it'd seem more of a need than a luxury.

I think OP is talking specifically about the vendors on the mammoth. Will Hakmud sell Cataclysm food and water, as well as the new ammo? Will Gnimo sell level 85 poisons and reagents?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Why would they need to update the vendors?
    If the vendors update for cataclysm (so that they sell catacylsm-oriented items aka reagents and lvl85 water), its still worth it, otherwise it's prolly safer to save your gold. I dont think theres an answer for this yet though, so it depends on whether or not youre the "better safe than sorry" type. :P

As the owner of a mammoth I would also like to know. I imagine they probably will update the vendors. There really isn't any reason not to. And no for those that claim "money sink" they aren't gonna make you buy a new mount just to get new vendors that would be dumb. They might make you pay to "upgrade" the vendors but I can't imagine they'd require another 16k dump. That'd be excessive.

10+ Year Old Account

I do not think another 16k would be excessive, if the new mount would be reasonably cool. The mammoth was a grand idea. Make another similarly awesome thing, and there goes my 16k.

Not like that's oh-so-hard to get nowadays. ~300g from dailies alone, add an alt, and it's 600 easily. Then a bit of trading and 16k comes and goes in no time.

Money sinks are great, looking forward to the cata-mammoth!

Quote Originally Posted by cornjoelio
    I think OP is talking specifically about the vendors on the mammoth. Will Hakmud sell Cataclysm food and water, as well as the new ammo? Will Gnimo sell level 85 poisons and reagents?
    Yeah i was referring to the vendors if they will be updates cause i am playing a hunter and i am doing a lot of instance soloing so its rather convenient for me to have a mount where i can vendor all my stuff and replenish water and ammo. And i somehow have the feeling that they will not upgrade the vendor just so we can spend another great chunk of money on a new mount.
    Although it would be cool if we could just upgrade the vendors like the kirin tor rings.

Flying-cata-mammoth you heard it here first folks

10+ Year Old Account

For someone like a warrior or other class that has no reagents/ammo etc I don't see why you'd bother with any updated mount. Oh goody, I can buy overpriced food anywhere I want nevermind I could just make some bandages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I vote for flying mount with vendors and passengers.

maybe engineers can make a plane :

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The lair is on the ground in the mountains.

Wel, regardless of if they update the vendors or not, I own one, so it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. ;D

But seriously though, it would be cool to have them update the vendors.

It's not worth the golds, regardless if it's gonna drop in cost or not, it sucks.

most likely youll have to buy a new version, that costs more, and has updated vendors.

I vote for a mechano-whale.

TBC repair bots still only sell TBC stuff. I bet it's gonna be the same with mammoths.

Gief guild air ship.. i dont even care if it has vendors on it :P
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing