Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Greatness Deck or Flying mount?

flying mount.

next!

Epic flying is actually 4500g, if you buy it in Thrallmar, but you will need +1000g for the cold weather flying skill.

And well... instant cast birdform > all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit
    Epic flying is actually 4500g, if you buy it in Thrallmar, but you will need +1000g for the cold weather flying skill.

And well... instant cast birdform > all.
    If you buy in Honor Hold/Thrallmar, you get a discount based on Stormwind/Orgrimmar reputation. So you can get the price further down to 4k.

Trinket = farm faster.
    Flying mount = get places faster, if you don't have gathering professions don't buy the mount.

Without gathering professions your only way to make money is from killing stuff / AH. The trinket will help you kill faster = make money faster.

Flying mount is becoming near worthless next patch. Cross-realm LFG will instantly teleport you inside the instance = no traveling.

Get the Card, unless you are in a very serious raiding guild (which I find unlikely because you don't have the card yet) DMC: G is staying with you all throughout 3.3

cant believe you got to 80 without an eflyer that would of been epically painful

DMC:G is BiS or near BiS for most melee classes. I know it's still up there for DKs and Ret paladins (not as certain about warriors).

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    Trinket = farm faster.
    Flying mount = get places faster, if you don't have gathering professions don't buy the mount.
    This is very wrong.
    Trinket = only useful in long fights, normal mobs you encounter while farming die in 3-4 seconds anyway
    Flying mount = you get to places faster and thus can kill more mobs and complete more quests in shorter time

I strongly recommend flying mount and use this for farming, especially completing all the normal quests in icecrown and storm peaks. They are mostly very easy and quickly done with epic flying and give an amazing amount of money (loot everything, greys in northrend bring masses of gold when vendored, quest rewards are always worth more than 8g, and green loot can be sold in AH or disenchanted by yourself)
    Dailies are much more faster done with epic flyer. ALL argent tournament (crusader/exalted with elves) quests toghether take me up to 20 minutes (I checked this with cd on my tabard if anyone wants to know)...if I need to fly for eggs or snowbolds, if I have to kill sharks its faster. These quests alone, done every day make a nice income.

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruk
    cant believe you got to 80 without an eflyer that would of been epically painful
    Well for first char..this is not uncommen - happens only sometimes, I know a guy who played WoW for the first time ever and needed only 100g for the mount at 60 and another 150g for epic+coldweather at 77 (remember: first char ever). He was a born auction house trader or something like that. I think he sells stuff in real life too, so this may have helped
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Both.

Be better at acquiring gold.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Strages
    DMC:G is BiS or near BiS for most melee classes. I know it's still up there for DKs and Ret paladins (not as certain about warriors).
    Its not that good at all for Enhancement Shaman. Plenty of other Ulduar trinkets that beat it easily.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

ignore the deck.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Its not that good at all for Enhancement Shaman. Plenty of other Ulduar trinkets that beat it easily.
    Its mostly because of stat scaling with Agil (for Enh Shaman) and Str (for DK/Ret).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Isn't it replaced by the one from TotC, which gives 450 instead of 300? I know you can stack a normal and heroic version for double benefit.
    If he's deciding between an epic flyer for one character or a near BiS trinket for another, I doubt he's in a guild capable of downing heroic faction champs. The normal TotC version has something like a 10% drop, which makes it unlikely he'll be able to grab one before ICC comes out or anytime close to it.

I CAN HAZ BIG NUMBERS =Greatness

I can haz item that will be with me longer and used more = Flying mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Jenton
    If he's deciding between an epic flyer for one character or a near BiS trinket for another, I doubt he's in a guild capable of downing heroic faction champs. The normal TotC version has something like a 10% drop, which makes it unlikely he'll be able to grab one before ICC comes out or anytime close to it.
    considering it's twins that drops death's verdict/choice i assume you're making a funny about the difficulty of faction champs? :-\
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

get the mount, Greatness can be replaced
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock
    get the mount, Greatness can be replaced

If you dont have the epic flying by now you dont need it, dmc:g is a really nice trinket to have and it wont e replaced easily and epic flying will probably be free sooner or later anyhow. You could choose to do 25 dailies every day for a month and buy them both.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    get epic flying so u can farm gold faster then get deck?

win

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    I'm about to get 5k gold and i can get either the epic flyer for my druid or a greatness deck for my ret paladin. Which should i get? I don't know what to do because with ICC coming out soon, i don't know whether greatness will be easily replaced.
    save your money get 2 death's verdict.