Thread: Mage Macros

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just thought i would share a strategy i have devised for easy control over Focus Magic, so that it does not have to be divided every raid, over and over again.
    (This ovbiously only work in a guild, where you know the pool of mages that have a chance of joining your raids).

If you are three people, have each of the people have the following macros:

Player1:
    #showtooltip
    /target Player2
    /target Player3
    /cast Focus Magic
    /targetlastenemy

Player2:
    #showtooltip
    /target Player3
    /target Player1
    /cast Focus Magic
    /targetlastenemy

Player3:
    #showtooltip
    /target Player1
    /target Player2
    /cast Focus Magic
    /targetlastenemy

So the Player1 will always focus Player3 as main target, and Player2 if Player 3 is not there and current target if neither is there.
    So the Player2 will always focus Player1 as main target, and Player3 if Player 1 is not there and current target if neither is there.
    So the Player3 will always focus Player2 as main target, and Player1 if Player 2 is not there and current target if neither is there.

You can expand this if you are more mages in the raid.

Cheers
    - Nitrak
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

cooldown+burn faze macro???

hi all looking for some help with a macro for cooldowns+burn faze....one to use for burst in raid fights....pom,mirror image,arcane power,mana gem,flame orb,trinkets,ab etc....not in that order but, something like that so, ill leave it to you macro junkies....any ideals

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rodiron View Post
    hi all looking for some help with a macro for cooldowns+burn faze....one to use for burst in raid fights....pom,mirror image,arcane power,mana gem,flame orb,trinkets,ab etc....not in that order but, something like that so, ill leave it to you macro junkies....any ideals

thanks in advance
    Well, if you want a mindless macro that is NOT optimal, you can do something like this

#showtooltip
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /use Mana Gem
    /castsequence reset=8 Flame Orb, Presence of Mind, Arcane Blast, Arcane Power, Arcane Blast, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

It is as i stated not an optimal macro, as you only get this by using several macro's and your own brain. This will allow you to spam this with one condition. If Mirror Image is on cooldown, return to Arcane Blast after first Arcane Blast in macro, and if not on cooldown return to Arcane Blast macro after second Arcane Blast in macro.

But my suggestion would be looking through this thread and see what previous people have asked for and requested, instead of giving a weird/bad request for something that looks like you are lazy and just want to be spamming 1 button all day long.
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    The only requirement you need for your burn phases is to have anything that increases intellect and therefore mana to be before your mana gem in the Macro.

Personally I don't have Volcanic Potion bound to my burn phase button since you might not always want to use it then (Wasting pots outside raids is irritating also)

I also have my mirror images bound seperately since they have situational uses on certain fights. Bugging Beth'tilac, Avoiding major threat on Scions p2.5 Rag etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    The only requirement you need for your burn phases is to have anything that increases intellect and therefore mana to be before your mana gem in the Macro.

Personally I don't have Volcanic Potion bound to my burn phase button since you might not always want to use it then (Wasting pots outside raids is irritating also)

I also have my mirror images bound seperately since they have situational uses on certain fights. Bugging Beth'tilac, Avoiding major threat on Scions p2.5 Rag etc
    Just so you know, this is now how I do it, but this is what he requested :P
    - Mario Andretti

Wouldn't this be a decent macro to use when you have ABx4 stack and starting the burn phase?

#showtooltip
    /use mana gem
    /use 14
    /castsequence Presence of Mind, Arcane Blast, Arcane Power, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

If I'm understanding it right, the PoM AB will get the bonus effect of the mana gem and trinket, AP with glyph will make it so MI is off the GCD so you can start spamming AB again for the burn phase. Yeah?
    Last edited by Krauvin; 2011-11-16 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krauvin View Post
    Wouldn't this be a decent macro to use when you have ABx4 stack and starting the burn phase?

#showtooltip
    /use mana gem
    /use 14
    /castsequence Presence of Mind, Arcane Blast, Arcane Power, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

If I'm understanding it right, the PoM AB will get the bonus effect of the mana gem and trinket, AP with glyph will make it so MI is off the GCD so you can start spamming AB again for the burn phase. Yeah?
    You can do it like that, but i would suggest to not bind PoM with your cooldown macro since for long fights it is most optimal to use PoM for your Mana Gems.

Additionally your macro will only work half of the times, due to where you placed your Mirror Image.

If you were to do the macro as you presented, do it like this:

#showtooltip
    /use 14
    /use mana gem
    /castsequence reset=7 Presence of Mind, Arcane Blast, Arcane Power, Arcane Blast, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

The extra Arcane Blast i added will make sure you dont loose cast time while switching between Arcane Blast and this macro.

There is two situations (but again, i recommend removing Presence of Mind and the first Arcane Blast from this macro):

1. Mirror Image on cooldown: You will return to your Arcane Blast button once you see the first Arcane Blast casting
    2. Mirror Image off cooldown: You will return to your Arcane Blast button once you see the second Arcane Blast casting

This will give you decreased downtime.

Hope it helped

Cheers
    - Nitrak
    - Mario Andretti

Necrobamp, all macros are still up to date tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    You can do it like that, but i would suggest to not bind PoM with your cooldown macro since for long fights it is most optimal to use PoM for your Mana Gems.

Additionally your macro will only work half of the times, due to where you placed your Mirror Image.

If you were to do the macro as you presented, do it like this:

#showtooltip
    /use 14
    /use mana gem
    /castsequence reset=7 Presence of Mind, Arcane Blast, Arcane Power, Arcane Blast, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

The extra Arcane Blast i added will make sure you dont loose cast time while switching between Arcane Blast and this macro.

There is two situations (but again, i recommend removing Presence of Mind and the first Arcane Blast from this macro):

1. Mirror Image on cooldown: You will return to your Arcane Blast button once you see the first Arcane Blast casting
    2. Mirror Image off cooldown: You will return to your Arcane Blast button once you see the second Arcane Blast casting

This will give you decreased downtime.

Hope it helped

Cheers
    - Nitrak
    The thought process I had for this starting macro is to have the PoM + 5th AB benefit from mana gem and a use effect trinket, in addition, it was in loose discussion (didn't see anything that confirmed) that mirror images *could* benefit from the users crit. If the string is PoM, AB, AP, MI, there is still a 15% increased crit effect in play when MI is popped. I could see that this particular macro would be useful maybe every other burn phase because of the MI CD, but I was looking for a way to write the macro with a faster ramp up. The second AB shouldn't be needed imho because AP has a very noticeable graphic and sound effect tied to it.

The other thought is to have a secondary macro built for times that MI is on CD:

#showtooltip
    /use Mana Gem
    /use 14
    /castsequence Arcane Power, Arcane Blast

This would remove PoM from the macro freeing it up to use on conjuring the mana gem when the charges run out.

There shouldn't be a need to "necrobamp" a sticky thread...

Deleted
    Hi, can someone help me with a cast sequence macro pls. I want to cast Blast Wave and then Flamestrike and then to be able to cast Flamestrike again before Blast Wave comes out of cooldown, then Blast Wave, then Flamestrike twice then Blast wave etc. I think its similar to the one used for arcane while moving where you use Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast and Ice Lance.

Blast Wave has 15 sec cooldown and the FS dot ticks for 8 seconds so i can cast 2xFS before BW is off cooldown.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc9a7e7b6ede; 2011-11-29 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Hi, can someone help me with a cast sequence macro pls. I want to cast Blast Wave and then Flamestrike and then to be able to cast Flamestrike again before Blast Wave comes out of cooldown, then Blast Wave, then Flamestrike twice then Blast wave etc. I think its similar to the one used for arcane while moving where you use Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast and Ice Lance.

Blast Wave has 15 sec cooldown and the FS dot ticks for 8 seconds so i can cast 2xFS before BW is off cooldown.

Thank you.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence, reset=15 Blast Wave, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, Flamestrike

I have not tested it ingame, but i guess that should do the trick. CD on Blast wave is 15 seconds, and there are 14 Flamestrikes in a row after, and it will reset the cast sequence after 15 globals.

Should work.

Yet, i would probably still suggest using a keybind for flame strike and make a modifier for Blast wave, like:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Blast Wave; Flamestrike

- Nitrak
    Last edited by Nitrak; 2011-11-29 at 05:26 PM.
    - Mario Andretti

#showtooltip
    /castsequence, reset=15 Blast Wave, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike, Flame Strike

I have not tested it ingame, but i guess that should do the trick. CD on Blast wave is 15 seconds, and there are 14 Flame Strikes in a row after, and it will reset the cast sequence after 15 globals.

Should work.
    This will work if Flamestrike is cast continuously. Each time the macro is used, the reset counter goes back to 15s. So this macro will force the caster to cast 14 Flamestrikes or wait out the 15s.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=15/ctrl Blast Wave, Flamestrike, Flamestrike, cake
    This will allow you to cast two Flamestrike at most, and you can manually reset the macro by pressing ctrl. If you use ctrl a lot, change it to the least used between alt and shift.
    Last edited by vaajtswv; 2011-11-29 at 03:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What uh.....what does the cake do?

Deleted

Yet, i would probably still suggest using a keybind for flame strike and make a modifier for Blast wave, like:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Blast Wave; Flame Strike

- Nitrak
    Yeah I tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. All it does is to cast Blast Wave when i press shift+the keybind. I had Flame Strike keybound to Q but when i press it nothing happens. It only casts Blast Wave when i do shift+Q. I's also like the modifier to be alt instead of shift if possible.

@vaajtswv: what does the cake do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Yeah I tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. All it does is to cast Blast Wave when i press shift+the keybind. I had Flame Strike keybound to Q but when i press it nothing happens. It only casts Blast Wave when i do shift+Q. I's also like the modifier to be alt instead of shift if possible.

@vaajtswv: what does the cake do?
    then write [mod:alt] instead of where [mod:shift] is .

The most likely reason that your modded shift do not work on shift-Q, is because you have shift-Q bound. If the same problem persists with alt as a modifier, enter the keybinding panel and select a random open space, bind alt-Q to it, and unbind it. Atleast that is 100% to solve any previous bind problems .

Edit: Note, replace "Flame Strike" with "Flamestrike". As i'm not at my gaming PC i did not check if flamestrike was in one or two words.

So remove the space, and chance modifier to alt, and you should have it as you want .
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    What uh.....what does the cake do?
    Cake, or whatever you want to use, locks the macro so the macro will not cycle, it's a random word with no syntax significance. It forces the player to wait out the macro. But if you don't want to wait, just press the assigned reset button.

And it also leaves a sweet taste on your tongue. And increases the chance a person will gain weight if they have a low metabolism.
    Last edited by vaajtswv; 2011-11-29 at 05:53 PM.

does /cast fireball /cast pyroblast! work?even though i use it, it seems to trigger very rarely and most of the times it ignores the hs proc. any idea on this to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    does /cast fireball /cast pyroblast! work?even though i use it, it seems to trigger very rarely and most of the times it ignores the hs proc. any idea on this to make it work?
    If you want the macro to automaticly cast pyroblast when you get a HS proc - no.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im looking for PVE Specific Fireball/Pyroblast/Living Bomb macros for 4.3, anybody have any? Not having any luck.