Thread: Mage Macros

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Im looking for PVE Specific Fireball/Pyroblast/Living Bomb macros for 4.3, anybody have any? Not having any luck.
    Depends what you are looking for. There is no "one button wonder" macro.

If you only want to use one button you can do something like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Pyroblast; [mod:ctrl] Living Bomb; Fireball

This should spam fireball if you keep spamming it, Pyroblast if the modifier shift is down, and Living Bomb if the modifier ctrl is down.

But imo this is overkill, i would rather use the following binds as i use atm while playing fire:

1: Fireball
    2: Scorch
    3: Pyroblast
    4: Fire Blast
    q: Flamestrike
    ctrl-q: Blast Wave
    e: Living Bomb
    shift-e: Combustion

I hope it helped somewhat .

- Nitrak
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Hi,
    i'm looking for a macro that allowes me to cast scorch when i'm in movement while prioritizing fireball if i'm standing still,is that possible to create?
    Actually i'm using a modifier macro for fireball/scorch so that's not this big deal,but i'd like to have a different macro for that.

Quote Originally Posted by darpalu View Post
    Hi,
    i'm looking for a macro that allowes me to cast scorch when i'm in movement while prioritizing fireball if i'm standing still,is that possible to create?
    Actually i'm using a modifier macro for fireball/scorch so that's not this big deal,but i'd like to have a different macro for that.
    As of i am aware, no such modifier as [moving] is embedded in world of warcraft, so you are left with your own fingers!
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    As of i am aware, no such modifier as [moving] is embedded in world of warcraft, so you are left with your own fingers!
    oh nvm then,ty for the reply!

Hi,
    I believe that if you order a macro as:
    Code:
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch
    then it will try to cast Fireball (standing still), then default to Scorch when Fireball cannot be cast (moving).
    WoW @ The Forgotten Coast-US:Celestie [Mage], Amonet [Warlock], Chiaroscuro [Priest], Belenus [Paladin], Amaunet [Warrior], Maladious [Death Knight], Quetesh [Druid], Prius [Shaman]
    SWTOR @ Prophecy of the Five-US [Empire], Dalborra-APAC [Republic]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
    I believe that if you order a macro as:
    Code:
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch
    then it will try to cast Fireball (standing still), then default to Scorch when Fireball cannot be cast (moving).
    If they both activate the gcd, you can't put them in the same macro. Nothing will cast if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    If they both activate the gcd, you can't put them in the same macro. Nothing will cast if you do.
    Yeah i tried that macro but it didn't work.

Hi,
    Not what you're looking for exactly, but you can try these.

If you click some spells (button 2 is the right click on the mouse)
    Code:
     /cast [button:2] scorch; fireball

Or if you a keybinder
    Code:
     /cast [mod:ctrl] scorch; fireball

Deleted
    Not what you're looking for exactly, but you can try these.

Code:
     /cast [mod:ctrl] scorch; fireball
    It's the macro i'm using at the moment

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if my request can be made into a macro then I'm looking for a macro usable in pvp that can spam scorch but when the instant cast pyroblast or impact procs it would instead cast either one of the available procs instead of scorch and then reset back to scorch spamming until one of those procs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoverkill View Post
    if my request can be made into a macro then I'm looking for a macro usable in pvp that can spam scorch but when the instant cast pyroblast or impact procs it would instead cast either one of the available procs instead of scorch and then reset back to scorch spamming until one of those procs again.
    It's not possible. There's no modifier that will watch for Pyroblast! procs or any procs.

I think you need to improve some of the macro, here ill place some

Will use counterspell/polymorp/spell steal in yourcurent target, pressing a modifier will use counterspell/polymorp/spelsteal at your focus (Make 3 similar macro, one is poly other is counterspell, and spell steal) The one you posted automaticaly will use it on your focus and got no choice but to let it happen. This one I have gives you controll over it. You decide when it wil be on focus and when it will be not.

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [modifier, target=focus] Counterspell or to make it shorter [modifier, @focus]
    /cast [nomod] Counterspell

Heres another multiple skill in one button
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift] Polymorp
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Spell Steal
    /cast [mod:alt] Counterspell
    /cast [nomod] blink (or something you comonly use)

Heres a Improved Version of the Frost mage pet, It will summon pet if there isnt one, it will use pet freeze when when pet is already summoned, it will use nova by pressing shift+macro, it will use cone by pressing ctrl+macro. You can add "[mod:alt]+skill" in it but you wont have space to type in the tooltip. It will work but pressing alt+macro will not show the tool tip. If ever your gana fit in another spell on the ALT key then i recomend Deep Freeze. You can rearange the skills depending on whats more comfortable.

#showtooltip [nopet] Summon Water Elemental;[nomod] Freeze;[mod:shift] Frost Nova;[mod:ctrl] Cone of Cold
    /cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Summon Water Elemental; Freeze
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Nova
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Cone of Cold
    Last edited by Tomia; 2011-12-16 at 06:17 PM.

It's not possible. There's no modifier that will watch for Pyroblast! procs or any procs.
    Wrong,

#showtooltip
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Pyroblast!
    For some reason this macro works. It will cast fireball and then cast pryoblast when pyroblast procs. It works most of the time. In theory this macro should not work. But because of latency or the way spells stack it does (this would be my only guess). Try it out if you don't believe it but don't just shoot it down I've tried and tested and can confirm it works.

One of my favourite macros:

/cleartarget [target=target,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [target=focus,noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

Makes your focus and target switch places.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryFactor View Post
    Wrong,

For some reason this macro works. It will cast fireball and then cast pryoblast when pyroblast procs. It works most of the time. In theory this macro should not work. But because of latency or the way spells stack it does (this would be my only guess). Try it out if you don't believe it but don't just shoot it down I've tried and tested and can confirm it works.
    The only reason that would work is if Pyroblast! is off the gcd. Now you know the reason if it should work. You can put as many abilities that does not activate the gcd and one ability that will into one macro.

Personally I wouldn't use it because, like you said, it's inconsistant. It's easier to watch for the proc through the default ui or poweraura and manually fire the pryo. A studdering macro is a dps loss.
    Last edited by vaajtswv; 2011-12-28 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Bad grammar. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryFactor View Post
    It works most of the time.
    That is just not good enough. Just tested it myself, and ye SOMETIMES it works, but MOST of the times it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    That is just not good enough. Just tested it myself, and ye SOMETIMES it works, but MOST of the times it doesnt.
    I've tested this a lot and it works most of the time. I'd say 90% and haven't had it fail when spamming the key. I see no downside to the macro as a back up as it will grab all those last second proc's for you.

Try mashing the button it wont miss a single one. Just pretend you're playing arcane again.
    Last edited by TheoryFactor; 2011-12-28 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IngileifMage View Post

/target focus
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

Oh does it now? I thank you very much sir. It always annoyed me I had to mouseover my target to focus etc (yea, I use mouseover to focus).

Quote Originally Posted by IngileifMage View Post

/target focus
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

Same macro. It just uses less characters.

Code:
    /cleartarget [@target,dead]
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [@focus,noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

#showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus,harm][target=target] Counterspell

counter spell on your focus , if not then on current target