Thread: Mage Macros

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    did you have a space between the S and the T of /stopcasting.
    Something like that: "/s topcasting"

or it can be a addon ...
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegam View Post
    Not sure why, but when i use the macro

#showtooltip Combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast Combustion

the macro works but it is also posting /stopcasting and /cast combustion in /say when ever i use the macros. Any idea why?
    You probably have a space between the start of the macro and the / .

Fire Mage pvp macros; Arena 123 sheep, arena 123 cs, focus arena 123, focus/mouseover living bomb, focus impact/cs/sheep, decurse party 1/2.

Hey guys.
    Just wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of a macro that I can use when switching to the tendon on HC spine. I have done a search of the thread, but most are just target boss and AB.

I tried the ones on Wowhead, but they always seem to miss something like mana gem. (It is in the macro, but doesn't get used).

Ideally, I would like the following to be used:
    Target Tendon (boss2?)
    Use arcane power,
    use Bottled wished,
    use mana gem,
    Cast PoM
    Cast ABx2 (with Pom up)

If anyone could help, that would be great

You are better off using 2 macro's. one to target the tendon and start your AB's. If you have it all in one macro, and are spamming it you are wasting time on cd's before you can even damage it. I suggest using something like this

macro 1:
    /tar boss2
    /tar boss3
    /cast Arcane Blast

Macro 2:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /use 13
    /use 14

Using PoM right after the amalg dies then spamming your macro 1 has been most effective for me

Is there anyway to obtain a list of all the spells that are off the GCD? It would be useful when sitting down to write macros.

It's include in all talents calculators.
    The answers is 42

If you are saying that I should go and browse trough the complete list of spells, that is not helpful. Not all spells show in the tooltip if they are off the GCD or not.
    Last edited by scuac; 2012-08-29 at 11:56 AM.

If it isn't stated that they are off GCD, there's a big chance that are on GCD. But there's exception like Cooldown like Icy Veins, etc.

I don't know of a list of all the mage spell that are off CGD.
    The answers is 42

Everything is on the GCD except dps cooldowns and counter spell.

Here's a list if you still can't figure it out: PoM, Combustion, AP, IV, Counter Spell, Ice Flows, Cold Snap, Mana Gem use, DF (w/ glyph), Freeze (on GCD for pet which is separate from player), potions, Health Stone use, Trinket/Tinker use.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Hey guys!
    I have a question regarding the new stun mechanics worked into our Combustion spell. Every time I use the spell on a boss, an "Immune" message appears over the boss' head and it really annoys me. Sure, it's a boss, sure, I can't stun them - no need to keep rubbing it into my face... Is there a way to get rid of that thing via a macro or an addon maybe? Or do I have to start getting used to seeing it pop up every time I'm fighting bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereen View Post
    Hey guys!
    I have a question regarding the new stun mechanics worked into our Combustion spell. Every time I use the spell on a boss, an "Immune" message appears over the boss' head and it really annoys me. Sure, it's a boss, sure, I can't stun them - no need to keep rubbing it into my face... Is there a way to get rid of that thing via a macro or an addon maybe? Or do I have to start getting used to seeing it pop up every time I'm fighting bosses?
    You could probly do it with a scrolling combat text addon.

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Hi,
    Looking for a macro to cast Ice barrier on myself and then Nether tempest before the regular rotation. I'm not good with macros and can't figure out how do do it. Here's what i have:

/cast Ice Barrier
    /targetlastenemy
    /cast Nether Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by laxin213 View Post
    Hi,
    Looking for a macro to cast Ice barrier on myself and then Nether tempest before the regular rotation. I'm not good with macros and can't figure out how do do it. Here's what i have:

/cast Ice Barrier
    /targetlastenemy
    /cast Nether Tempest
    Ice Barrier casts on yourself automatically.

/targetlastenemy
    /castsequence Ice Barrier, Nether Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Ice Barrier casts on yourself automatically.

/targetlastenemy
    /castsequence Ice Barrier, Nether Tempest
    Aquamonkey - THANK YOU!!!!
    I tried it, it worked

#showtooltip
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /cast Arcane Blast
    AB Spam with PoM attempt each cast. Not optimal, not recommended by theory craters, but I'm a noob and if I don't put it here I forget to ever cast it.

#showtooltip Arcane Power
    /cast mirror image
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /use mana gem
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Alter Time
    /use 13
    /use 14
    This is my burn phase that I'll use if I get bloodlusted or something. Its certainly not optimal and the best thing out there, but if I don't use this I'll forget in the heat of battle to use these..It can destroy you in mana so I'll cast a few AB and then missiles

Looking for feedback and suggestions as to how to make the macros better for my flawed playing or remove any errors I have in the code and thank you.

can anyone help with a PoM macro into FB? basically i can spam it to cast FB and it will PoM when off CD then FB

Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    can anyone help with a PoM macro into FB? basically i can spam it to cast FB and it will PoM when off CD then FB
    You can use this macro and change "Arcane Blast" to "Fireball"

#showtooltip Fireball
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Fireball

This will let you spam fireball and when PoM is off cooldown, it will pop that first. It will also clear the spam from when PoM is on cooldown.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    Not trying to tell ya how to play but your most likely going to want to use PoM with Pyroblast if youre rolling fire. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Leybron View Post
    Not trying to tell ya how to play but your most likely going to want to use PoM with Pyroblast if youre rolling fire. Just saying
    Maybe he meant Frostbolt?

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laxin213 View Post
    This is my burn phase that I'll use if I get bloodlusted or something. Its certainly not optimal and the best thing out there, but if I don't use this I'll forget in the heat of battle to use these..It can destroy you in mana so I'll cast a few AB and then missiles

Looking for feedback and suggestions as to how to make the macros better for my flawed playing or remove any errors I have in the code and thank you.
    You may want to put Mirror Image last, since it is on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Maybe he meant Frostbolt?

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 10:22 AM ----------

You may want to put Mirror Image last, since it is on the GCD.

Also, doesn't Alter Time still extend on-use trinket times? So you would want to move Alter Time to after trinkets are popped. Don't think I have actually ever tried it on beta so I'm not sure.

Hello,

I would like to add:

/cast [@focus] Mage Bomb

^ since we will likely be switching between Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, and Frost Bomb, I recommend replacing those spells with "Mage Bomb" which will automatically cast the one you are spec'd for.

Now, I'd like to ask for help on a macro. I want a macro to do the same for the other tiers.
    Something along the lines of:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Pyroblast
    if speced into PoM
    /cast Ice Floes
    /cast Fireball
    if spec'd into Ice Floes

or something like;
    /cast [@party1] Ice Ward; Ring of Frost; Frost Jaw

I have been switching my talents around quite a bit, and I don't like having to re-write or change hotkeys every time I swap things around.