Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kaplan's New MMO ---> Release Date --> Player Base

Can we get a BLUE possibly posting on this topic, as it would ease a lot of people's minds regarding the future of MMORPGs??

Current State: WoW is obviously the dominant game. WoW caters to players with no skill, no willingness to put in effort, and no idea of what true accomplishment is. WoW is getting easier and easier, and the only difficult aspects of the game are MORONIC hard-modes. Who frickin cares about killing a boss that hits harder and has more hp? Once you kill the boss on regular mode, the feeling of achievement is almost completely gone. We don't think: woots, we just killed Anub on Heroic25, let's take a million pictures and have a beer. We think, awesome, we killed Anub, too bad it took us 5 weeks to do so. I HONESTLY had more pleasure killing Leo the Blind for the first time then I did Anub25 Heroic, because I had the pleasure of seeing the boss die for the 1st TIME after several weeks of attempts. Killing bosses on EASY MODE destroys all feelings of accomplishment in the game.

Future of MMORPG: It's obvious that WoW is a sellout game intended for pure profit. What I am hoping is that Kaplan is going to be heading a new game that will be intended for real players that are actually looking for a challenge.

So BLUES, please be kind enough to answer:

Is Kaplan's new MMORPG going to be a sellout like WoW, or are you going to bring back the old style of MMORPG --- the one that requires functional brain cells?

If the new MMORPG is a sellout too, then I pray for another company to come along and steal Blizzard's customer base. I'd hate to state the obvious, but:

Hard Core Gamers are the ones running the Guilds, running Raids, and keeping the Casuals interested in the game. Take away the leaders, and you are left with a bunch of lemmings.

Peace!

Re: Kaplan's New MMO ---> Release Date --> Player Base

1/5 Too obvious

10+ Year Old Account

... this isn't an official WOW forum, and even if it were, I doubt this would be answered. Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Ehhh Blues don't post on fan sites and quit ya yappin about WoW being a sellout... And even if it were a official blizz site they wouldn't respond to this since it is yet to be unvieled and this will be done on Blizzcon etc

in short unsuccesfull troll is unsuccesfull

BLUE

There you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by superdooper

Hard Core Gamers are the ones running the Guilds, running Raids, and keeping the Casuals interested in the game. Take away the leaders, and you are left with a bunch of lemmings.
    LOL Yea right. Blizzard has always made their games casual friendly. Why change their design philosophy to appease their Hardcore players, knowing they can increase profit tenfold by allowing casuals to experience, and complete, everything??

1/10. Way to obvious. Nice attempt though

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    0/5 Too obvious
    Fix'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by DKareOKnoobL2P
    Fix'd
    Nope, it's outrageous enough that SOMEONE will think they've just become a bastion of reason and attempt to save the thread.

Freedom and Maleus already did.

I stand by my 1/5.

Stupidest thread I've ever seen.

If the new MMORPG is a sellout too, then I pray for another company to come along and steal Blizzard's customer base.
    Maybe Final Fantasy 14. It's too soon to tell. SE is catering more to the casuals this go around. FF11 was pretty hard core IMO. Only a small fraction of the players in that game could actually fight the hardest bosses for the current expansion's content. Everyone else just leveled all the jobs and did other fights that needed less skill/time commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenshu
    Maybe Final Fantasy 14. It's too soon to tell. SE is catering more to the casuals this go around. FF11 was pretty hard core IMO. Only a small fraction of the players in that game could actually fight the hardest bosses for the current expansion's content. Everyone else just leveled all the jobs and did other fights that needed less skill/time commitment.
    I love the FF series but FFXI was just pure grind. Hopefully the new MMO will be way better, all I've seen so far was a 5 minute trailer of graphics wank (granted, this is standard for Square-Enix games).

15+ Year Old Account

We think you're pretty stupid.

Good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    -1/5 Too obvious
    Fix'd

Fail troll is fail.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by superdooper

Is Kaplan's new MMORPG going to be a sellout like WoW, or are you going to bring back the old style of MMORPG --- the one that requires functional brain cells?
    Originally Posted by Kalgan
    Hello superdooper! Unfortunately we are unable to answer your question because that would reveal too much of our new game. I still can ensure you that it will not be anything like our earlier products. Depending on players' brain capacity game is either easy or hard.

Edit: I forgot this one.

look, a blue post.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Why is everyone getting so butt hurt over what this person says?
    He is right, and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

What really drives me crazy with WoW is the fact that everyone is a clone. Same spec, gear, gems, professions ---> absolutely no room for custimization.

I wish they allowed people to customize their toon while leveling....like...here's 5 points...put them in whatever stat/skills/talents/spells you want. But OMG, some players might end up better than others O_o ---> THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE!

Deleted

Sorry I can't take any post seriously when the OP says THEN when he means THAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Why is everyone getting so butt hurt over what this person says?
    He is right, and you know it.
    He isn't right.

Majority of us disagree with him.

Therefore, your post has been proven invalid