Understanding the Sindragosa and Rotface PTR fights (I just might be a bad)

: So, I've been watching the PTR videos again in anticipation for 3.3 in the coming weeks. And while watching two in particular, the Sindragosa and Rotface fights, it occurred to me "Hey, aren't these just the Grobbulus and Sapphiron fights from Naxxramas?" Now, I barely care about the Rotface one, because I don't mind a minor boss being a slight variation on an old fight. But I'm kinda peeved at the thought that Sindragosa, the Frost Queen, you know, best of all the frost wyrms, monster I've been waiting to take down every time she roared at me on the login screen, will be a repeat of a fight I did last year in Naxx. Am I missing something in the fight, or is it really a Sapphiron repeat?
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Re: Understanding the Sindragosa and Rotface PTR fights (I just might be a bad)

a stronger frost wyrm is the same normal frost wyrm but more powerful...and well sindragosa fight is not the same as sapphiron... even throu i agree with you they should change it or make more mechanisms atack phases add some adds or something to look like a "unique" fight
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Actually, if they make it an exact duplicate of Sapphiron from the original naxx(difficulty-wise) I'll be quite pleased. Without world buffs to bulldoze through it would be interesting to watch people try to progress.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Actually, if they make it an exact duplicate of Sapphiron from the original naxx(difficulty-wise) I'll be quite pleased. Without world buffs to bulldoze through it would be interesting to watch people try to progress.
    Looks a lot harder than Sapphiron with the smart bombs in p2.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    Sexcellent.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    I never saw those. Is there a list of her moves on wowhead or somewhere?
    this craziness why?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit
    I never saw those. Is there a list of her moves on wowhead or somewhere?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=901

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Thank you sah.
    this craziness why?

Its like Sapphiron on crack. Really the only thing you can say is the same is the frost aura mechanic. The air phases with the smart bombs and blocks the raid actually needs to destroy are a lot more involved than what sapphiron throws at you. The pull+nova mechanic is completely new, the debuffs to slow down physical and spell dps are new, and the 30% buffet 'burn' period adds a good hectic period to the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocake
    Its like Sapphiron on crack. Really the only thing you can say is the same is the frost aura mechanic. The air phases with the smart bombs and blocks the raid actually needs to destroy are a lot more involved than what sapphiron throws at you. The pull+nova mechanic is completely new, the debuffs to slow down physical and spell dps are new, and the 30% buffet 'burn' period adds a good hectic period to the encounter.
    Thanks, now I'm really looking forward to that ;D
    this craziness why?

Rotface is also fairly new. You're not just destroying globs of goo willy-nilly, you need to think carefully about how to handle them to combine them since to my knowledge they're not really easily burnable and you need to focus almost entirely on Rotface.

It's also a lot more taxing tank healing-wise. Rotface and Festergut are both more like Patchwerk with some extra stuff added (i.e. a tank and spank, but with some interesting extra mechanics beyond "HEAL FASTER").

They didn't really phone it in on any of the ICC encounters.