Poll: Does the 1.5 second mount cast ruin world PVP on your server?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Do Flying Mounts Ruin PVP Servers?

Quote Originally Posted by TehHermansen
    I don't think that's a problem since world-PvP is gone :'(
    Cataclysm:
    I think it'll come back
    Classic WoW.

No matter what server, pvp exists in battlegrounds, arenas and WG. World pvp is gone and mounts have little to do with it. It's because all the pvp can be done without going out of Dalaran or any other major city. We need more places like Sunwell island, hubs with daily quests, fairly close to each other to encourage people to gank and do other nasty stuff.

Flying mounts pretty much completely buttfucked and destroyed all of wow. Nothing was more fun then riding around in Tyrs hand at lvl 60 looking for hordes to rape on my Field Marshal. The same goes for the terrain in wow. Before, castles, mountains, gorges, deserts, walls, cities, lakes (and so on) were cool and gave exploring the world meaning, now its all: who cares, lets just fly over it on "autowalk"

No matter what server, pvp exists in battlegrounds, arenas and WG. World pvp is gone and mounts have little to do with it. It's because all the pvp can be done without going out of Dalaran or any other major city. We need more places like Sunwell island, hubs with daily quests, fairly close to each other to encourage people to gank and do other nasty stuff.
    That we already know will exist with Tol Barad, which will supposedly be a mix of Wintergrasp and Isle of Quel'danas. So Horde and Alliance fight for the fortress every 2 hours, and in between we do daily quests. I think Tol Barad will be the closest we'll get to World PVP making a return.

15+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't say that flying mounts have ruined world pvp, rather that we have so much pvp stuff in the game like bg's, wintergrasp and arena that people get enough of it already and cba to have to fly around looking for pvp.

The best world pvp to be had atm is Gurubashi Arena. We're also getting some people together to fight over Halaa some time soon. Mostly for the marks -> mounts but it should be pretty damn good pvp as well if we can get enough people Truth is flying mounts has removed alot of the natural ganking that would occur and at rare times would turn into some proper pvp. But honestly, most of the time that was just a nuisance anyway in my opinion. You want world PvP? sort out some competition for the gurubashi arena trinkets and go wild!

Edit: saying that, just realized the chest is up in 20 minutes, woop!

Do flying mounts ruin world pvp on pvp servers?
    - Yes.

Is the 1.5sec cast the reason behind it ruining this?
    - No.

Didn't vote, neither option was the one I was looking for.

Flying mounts in Kalimdor / Eastern Kingdoms is going to be awesome on one hand, but terrible on the other.

World PvP: Would be a lot better off with ground mounts.

Flying mounts:
    1. It makes it WAY too easy to "hit n' run". aka. gank someone, and fly away, immune to counter ganks. So you can now gank, or "hit n' run" with almost no consequence.

2. Ganking lowbies is going to be easy in more ways, tracking them down will be easy, ganking them again will be easy, and there will be close to nothing they can do about it, nor can their friends.

3. Finding a fight will be harder, a lot harder. Everyone will be flying around, only to land to kill a mob or interact with a quest objective. And when people hit 85, they wont ever land unless they have dailies to do, have a friend to help, have plans to gank someone or is waiting for a raid to happen / summoning people.

Ground mounts:

1. Harder / slower to gank with, also there will be the consequence of beeing chased down by his friend and beeing counter ganked / camped.

2. Finding a fight will be easy, since now everyone will be traveling around on their ground mounts, exposed to sheeping, slowing, stunning, or whatever you feel like doing with them. Then you have a fight going, and people from both sides will probably join in, and nobody can just fly away from it.

So yeah, there you have it. Atleast my version of it. Of course, flying mounts have their positive sides too, such as faster questing, faster gathering, faster travel in general, and the fact that flying around in Kalimdor / Eastern is going to be awesome.

So did Blizzard make a good desicion to let people fly in the old world? Probably, I would have enjoyed Cataclysm both with and without flying mounts. My first reaction to flying in the old world was "WOW REALLY? AWESOMESAUCEBBQ!". But after a thought or two i realised that one of the things that made vanilla so big, epic and fun, was the fact that we didn't have flying mounts.

We had lots of world pvp, and traveling took time, and it made the world feel bigger, a lot bigger.

I'm not saying the only thing that ruined world pvp was flying mounts, there are BGs, Arenas, and the fact that world pvp gives little to no reward.

Thats my wall of text, if you care enough to read it all, thank you, and please subit your feedback.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Who in the world actually does random world pvp?
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

15+ Year Old Account

Woaw, seriously, isn't "Ruin" a wee bit too big of a word?
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

World pvp isnt really all that bad right now, it just doesnt allow you to sit on someone for very long.

But of course, EVERYONE in their right mind who pvps wants another isle of quel'danas. EVERYONE! I dont know a single person i pvp with who doesnt go man, i really want a random gankfest that turns into like a 15v15 epic battle after a few hours of groups forming and fighting. All we got to attempt to replace the best thing they ever did for pvp is WG, and wow, thats sooooooo cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Nope, Druids are the only ones who can fly away without you having a chance to get them but seriously if they arn't nerfed in cata (1.5 sec cast and unable to herb wtf is the point of that) I'll eat my hat
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks
    But of course, EVERYONE in their right mind who pvps wants another isle of quel'danas. EVERYONE! I dont know a single person i pvp with who doesnt go man, i really want a random gankfest that turns into like a 15v15 epic battle after a few hours of groups forming and fighting. All we got to attempt to replace the best thing they ever did for pvp is WG, and wow, thats sooooooo cool.
    I didn't even think of Isle of Quel'Danas, and yes, WE WANT ANOTHER ONE ;D
    Don't Fwoosh me.

It puts a new perspective to the yell " DEATH FROM ABOVE! "

Deleted

so you are complaining about the fact that people who are not interested in world pvp are able to escape others that want to kill them while questing/farming?

just lol. xD

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Why, exactly?
    My guess is because the OP has a rogue alt.

And no Flying mounts is not the downfall of world PvP.

I dont see how it could ruin it. All it does from what i see is just add one more element to it.

I doubt the people who are higher level/better geared do World PVP looking for a challege they do it because they can simple as that.

Speaking from one who got repeatedly camped and did the camping, the only way ti would ruin it is that people can get away quicker and if your the one being camped that is a good thing

However i am interested in raiding crossroads from the air

do pvp ruin pve servers?

I think anyone not wanting to pvp should be able to have a decent means of getting away. The point of you being good is keeping them from doing that. NE Druid Shadowmeld+ Flight Form is total BS. But I doubt that someone who got ganked while minding their own business all through Vanilla and TBC would care.

It's the same as getting ganked on a PvP server while you're running around or in Outlands or in Northrend...It's bound to happen, but you just have to hope that the other person will ignore a low-level in favor of finishing whatever they're doing.

It's not going to change much of anything, it just means that you probably won't see the person before they come running after you.

The one problem I foresee is a group of douche bags forming a guild called <Roving Death Squad> where a group of 10 of them fly V-Formation over areas where people are flagged and swoop down to cull them all as they're questing. Still, even the members of <Roving Death Squad> would eventually get tired of this.

15+ Year Old Account

Are you..honestly suggesting we remove flying mounts?
    Really?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE