Thread: Spec Check

Re: Spec Check

yeah looks pretty standard and has everything ya need
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

That's the cookie-cutter spec (and for good reason)

wouldnt you want 1 pt into judgement?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    wouldnt you want 1 pt into judgement?
    yes, that way your rotation work the best

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm confused. The spec linked has 2/2 Improved Judgements, which is just the same at enabling 969 as 1/2 Improved Judgements, since the GCD only allows the use of Judgement/Holy Shield/Consecration every 9 seconds. The post doesn't say it's been edited, either.

The point placement makes no real difference for PvE tanking. However, 2/2 Improved Judgements is the best choice if you find yourself doing any PvP in your Protection spec/gear.

From what I've read, you may as well go 2/2 Imp Judgement as there's nowhere more worthwhile to put that extra talent point that makes a difference anyway. 1 point in Benediction is sucky and 1 point in Improve BoM is pointless, so meh - 2/2 Imp Judge is as good a choice as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Soresu
    From what I've read, you may as well go 2/2 Imp Judgement as there's nowhere more worthwhile to put that extra talent point that makes a difference anyway. 1 point in Benediction is sucky and 1 point in Improve BoM is pointless, so meh - 2/2 Imp Judge is as good a choice as any.
    In my build, I have 1 point in imp judgements, 2 in imp blessing of might (its nice to have the imp blessing for when you have a few paladins in the raid and lack a ret paladin), and 3 points in conviction. Drop pursuit of justice and get tuskar's vitality on your boots. You only lose 7 stam but you gain 2 talent points for 2% more spell/melee crit for threat and you still get the same movement increase.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora985
    In my build, I have 1 point in imp judgements, 2 in imp blessing of might (its nice to have the imp blessing for when you have a few paladins in the raid and lack a ret paladin), and 3 points in conviction. Drop pursuit of justice and get tuskar's vitality on your boots. You only lose 7 stam but you gain 2 talent points for 2% more spell/melee crit for threat and you still get the same movement increase.
    2/2 Pursuit of Justice is a 15% speed increase, which is 7 or 8% faster than Tuskarr's Vitality.

Pretty close to my prot spec, I actually need to redo it and put points into crusade.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't listen to people who tell you to spec out of Pursuit of Justice. PoJ is one of the best talents that a paladin can have, for all specs, for all types of combat PvP/PvE.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Don't listen to people who tell you to spec out of Pursuit of Justice. PoJ is one of the best talents that a paladin can have, for all specs, for all types of combat PvP/PvE.
    I wouldn't say it's "one of the best" talents for a pure PvE tank, but it's definitely nice to have, and worth the 2% crit you would lose (crit is OK but not an important threat talent for a prot pally) unless you are absolutely fighting for every last point of threat.

The reason most tanks take 2/2 Imp Judgments is, you won't always be following 96969 to the letter, it's nice for trash plus if you have to deviate from 96969 for whatever reason (have to HoSalv a DPS, have to throw your frisbee at an add, etc.) it's nice to have a little wiggle room in your rotation.

The spec is perfect, the only thing I would change in it is the HotR glyph for the righteous defense glyph, since missing a taunt is never fun when your tanking.