Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: what is the most fail class u see the most

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    1. warriors
    2. death knights
    3. feral druids
    4. paladin

On my server i have NEVER seen one of these do over 2.5k dps and i raid ToGC25
    You must be on a pretty fail server then.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    1. warriors
    2. death knights
    3. feral druids
    4. paladin

On my server i have NEVER seen one of these do over 2.5k dps and i raid ToGC25

ok, i doubt that you really raid ToGC25.

Dks i havnet seen many although our MT & OT rock at the DKs but there still arent very many pple...hunters and warriors are also on my list.....i have seen some good pallies...havent encountered TOO many feral druids so i cant comment with them

I don't know if you can really pin being "fail" simply on the virtue of having rolled a particular class; Blizzard has made great efforts to homogenize all of the classes in WotLK. I think it largely boils down to a player's attitude. Whether a player expects to be carried through PVE content or not can make a huge difference in performance. Sure, being a "noob" and simply being ignorant of your class' abilities, strengths and weaknesses can make a player appear to "fail" even if that player is trying in earnest not to fail. However, there are always anomalies thrown into the mix that can't really be explained away.

For example, toward the beginning of WotLK I was an officer in a guild with a particular enhancement shaman that, despite his relatively high-end gear, would almost always come in dead-last in damage done on raid bosses, sometimes even being below a tank or two. In an officer meeting I was tasked with trying to find out where he was going wrong and to see if I could help him get on track. Knowing very little about enhancement shaman rotations, I spent a bit of time doing research on optimal rotations, gearing, specs and compared that with his performance recorded in our WWS logs. I quickly discovered that he wasn't using Lava Burst in his rotation, like, at all. That might not have been the only problem but it was pretty glaring and seemed like a good place to start to improve his performance.

The next time he was online I politely informed him of what I had been doing and told him that I think I had discovered one reason for his low dps. I asked him why he didn't use Lava Burst in his rotation, fully expecting a reply something along the lines of, "Oh man, I didn't even know I was supposed to!" Instead, he said, "Because I don't want to." He was plainly admitting to me that he was so lazy or indifferent that pushing 1 more button than he was currently using was too much of a burden to bear. I was speechless and he was promptly removed from the guild.

Some people. :
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

we have our quote of fail dks and paladins, but what really ticks me off are priests.

holy priests thinking they can play like a druid, spaming renew and coh while jumping around... then running oom, because those mass spirit gems and spirit trinkets arent cutting it.

then we have this disc priests, who think they're hpaladins and brainlessly spam FH... without casting a SINGLE power word shield. not to mention they seem to LOVE their spirit too.

also mages who cant find their aoe buttoms during heroics. yes, continue to spam fireball, i'm sure thats the best way to kill this 4 pack group.

/facedesk

DK and obviously huntards

Quote Originally Posted by Seyriuu
    we have our quote of fail dks and paladins, but what really ticks me off are priests.

holy priests thinking they can play like a druid, spaming renew and coh while jumping around... then running oom, because those mass spirit gems and spirit trinkets arent cutting it.

then we have this disc priests, who think they're hpaladins and brainlessly spam FH... without casting a SINGLE power word shield. not to mention they seem to LOVE their spirit too.

also mages who cant find their aoe buttoms during heroics. yes, continue to spam fireball, i'm sure thats the best way to kill this 4 pack group.

/facedesk
    Hey, mister, I have a priest that I jump with....

And on the other side of that mage coin, the ones who do nothing but spam AoE.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    Knowing very little about enhancement shaman rotations, I spent a bit of time doing research on optimal rotations, gearing, specs and compared that with his performance recorded in our WWS logs. I quickly discovered that he wasn't using Lava Burst in his rotation, like, at all. That might not have been the only problem but it was pretty glaring and seemed like a good place to start to improve his performance.
    Umm, Lava Burst isn't affected by Maelstrom Weapon procs, so it'd be a DPS loss by having it's cast time. If you mean Lava Lash, then I understand.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Umm, Lava Burst isn't affected by Maelstrom Weapon procs, so it'd be a DPS loss by having it's cast time. If you mean Lava Lash, then I understand.
    Ah, my mistake; I did mean Lava Lash. Seems that studying spells and rotations for an hour 10 months ago for a class that I don't play didn't stick with me. :>
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

As others have said, I have seen a lot of failures of every class/spec.

Overall, since the release of WothLK, Death Knights take the cake with everything from bad names to horrible dps to not being able to hold aggro for crap.

I think it is fairly obvious why too, which is because they are a "hero" class and has to be unlocked to play... which means EVERYBODY wants to play one, ESPECIALLY the noobs that level to 55 on their first character then create a DK and level to 80. Leveling to 80 doesnt mean anyone knows HOW to play their class, it just means they can kill mobs and gain exp.

I also think the mechanics throw a lot of people off, even the ones that were playing/raiding well before WotLK was released. They are the only class that has to worry about 2 forms of power at the same time, runes and runic power, and yes a DK can probably completely ignore RP and still put out decent DPS as long as they understand their runes, which is probably where their issues begin.

#2 would be ret pallies.

I have yet to see the famed melee hunter outside of battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyriuu

That's nothing - I've seen 3 priests on my realm specced 0/71/0.

It boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Indilgo
    Boomkins easily. I literally have never saw one that can pull 2k+ DPS w/o Hurricane
    If you're talking about heroics, thats all i do as boomkin. with everyone in group doing 3k plus dps everything dies before RNG procs any eclipse so i may as well throw out some dots and hurricane away.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    TBF, if a warlock is pulling <1k then they've got to be pretty freshly dinged, which probably means they've just converted to a spec that they will never have used before at all. Still, I'm sure it's not a lot different for a lot of classes.
    No, these are ones in full welfare badge gear, so they have run enough heroics that they should have some kind of rotation down by now. Often they have some weird demo spec, which makes it even more puzzling as the fg should just about be doing that kind of dps.

10+ Year Old Account

I think we can safely say DKs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Warriors fail.
    DKs fail.
    Boomkins and Kitties tend to fail.
    Anything but Arcane on a pug Mage = Auto fail + they tend to fail themselves. *Auto just means I LOL cuz they aren't arcane...*
    Warriors fail *yes a second time. they simply fail THAT hard.*
    Couple of fail hunters as well on suramar.
    Affliction warlocks: fail.

tons of fail on Suramar. let's just say that o.o;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Most failures I've encountered were tanks. Period. Any Class.

Theres been a lot of hate for tanks in this thread and particularly tankadins. I guess it can be somewhat justified.

If I get a group with an obviously inexperienced tankadin, I kindly offer some suggestions like, use seal of corruption rather than seal of wisdom. Oh you use it because you have mana problems? Try Blessing of Sanc rather than wisdom, divine plea when off cooldown, etc etc and by the end of the run they have usually markedly improved.

Sure it would be funnier to call them a nub and laugh at them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gog
    Theres been a lot of hate for tanks in this thread and particularly tankadins. I guess it can be somewhat justified.

If I get a group with an obviously inexperienced tankadin, I kindly offer some suggestions like, use seal of corruption rather than seal of wisdom. Oh you use it because you have mana problems? Try Blessing of Sanc rather than wisdom, divine plea when off cooldown, etc etc and by the end of the run they have usually markedly improved.

Sure it would be funnier to call them a nub and laugh at them.....
    Protadins have a talent to make divine plea up 24/7. The protadin hitting a melee dps = The duration of divine plea is reset. So rly its 24/7 mana regen
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindiwindi
    Protadins have a talent to make divine plea up 24/7. The protadin hitting a melee dps = The duration of divine plea is reset. So rly its 24/7 mana regen
    Thats all good and well, but the duration is 15 seconds, and the cooldown is one minute on DP. There are times between groups, after bosses etc, where it might be on cooldown and not active. I don't know, but there are a LOT of prot paladins I have watched who don't even use DP ever. This is a thread about fails after-all.

Strong DK hate in Wow, are the vast majority of them really that bad? I haven't seen many bad ones.

I saw ONE nelf dk that was 80 but had nothing but lvl 75 greens even though half the quests land you in mostly 78+ blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72