Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Most annoying things to happen while tanking.

'the drunken stupor charisma'
    a drunken damage dealer that proclaims loudly in teamspeak that you can't tank in raids based on dying sooner than the paladin - doing so only after body pulling a boss because of standing too close to it - repeating the 'you can't tank' stuff 5 times - then suddenly jumps to the topic of trash pulling for whatever reason stating that on his warrior he only uses TC & SW but never ever cleave or anything else.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite
    Raid bosses are immune to army of dead's taunt so I don't know what the problem would be for using it.

Using it before the tank has aggro...ok. But that is with any dps not limited to army.

While raid bosses are immune to taunt their adds generally aren't, having a dk pop armies at the start of Anub is a bad idea, a VERY VERY bad idea. During the burrow phase sure pop armies to help kill the scarabs but don't let me catch you using it during the submerge phase.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

I have a good one.
    Running ICC 25 last night. Joined a guild run as tank and they were up to Laydy deathwhisper. Im assigned to tank the adds on the left side.

we wipe 3 second into the adds and i get a whisper form the healer on my side:
    random: Why did i have an add on me?
    me: Cos i was dead... no heals...

Never heard from him again..

Also annoying are ppl who expect a warrior tank with no rage to have thret..

Most annoying thing wile tanking ... playing with Damage classes doing less damage than me, bad healers that let me die with 99% mana pools.

People telling you how to play your charater when your buttons are on cooldowns.

damage classes that ask you to "stop chain pulling am out of mana dude" wile the healer is near full and you have a full rage bar.

FUCKIN WARLOCKS THAT ARE TO FUCKING LAZY TO DRINK!!!

A full raid when only about 3-4 people really know whats going on.

Tools in general chats that dps and think they are gods of warcraft.

I mean really how hard is it to look up a rotation for damage, test it out, and stand in an area spam your rotation wile moving when somethings comes near you that can damage you.

Healers think that they are important and needed to do heroics ... now I just bring 4 dps unless its the random daily.

Quote Originally Posted by kork123

Also annoying are ppl who expect a warrior tank with no rage to have thret..
    I am a druid tank but I hear you man people open up dps on stuff before I even get near to hit it and they think I have auto threat on stuff. I mean a dk has auto threat just go frost and pallys throw that dame shield and have 30% instant threat on everything. I mean threat is way easyer now but atleast let tanks hit something before opening up.

I hate impatient DPS who start casting a spell and interrupting it just befor it's finished while I'm waiting for the healer to get mana.
    I hate impatient DPS that start pulling the next group while the healer is bitching at me because of me pulling to fast.
    I hate DPS who tell me that I have crap gear and crap talent builds while doing less damage than me.
    I hate DPS rolling for rings with defense rating.

I hate Thunderstorm and Typhoon when I have *just* pulled a group of casters.
    I hate Bladestorm the second we have pulled.
    I have complete lack of anything like Tricks or Misdirection, despite constant Fan of Knives and Volley spamming.
    I hate melee inching forward to see as close as they can possibly get to a group of mobs before they pull it.

edit: My tank is not a warrior, but I am guessing these are things everyone needs to deal with
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Knock backs do not annoy me I just move in swipe a few times and pull them back into place as for some people this is used for their dps, and that's what I want dps that dps.

But DKs... always a DK. 'LOLZ I WAER PL8 SO WHAT IF I DG, MAKE RUN FASTEZORZ'.
    Dks have runic power left so naturally they have to run ahead DnD and Shadowbolt?
    Or the mobs are moving a little slow so they DG them closer...

Arms warriors that use mocking blow in their rotation (This happens alot to me).
    AoE dmg on mobs that I haven't got to yet (Problem in VH, my Changeling Roar is on CD).
    I don't mind the odd ninja pull -IF- it was a mistake (Mobs are close in OK it can happen).
    Changing my marks because they know better (I marked skull that's what I'm tanking).
    Not hitting what I've marked (Go Team).

I met a Retri that used hand of reckoning in his rotation because when it crit it uped his dps -.-.

Things like that.

Deleted

People assuming I can't tank because I wear leather and don't have some sort of shield.

Of course, 58,000 HP, 50% Dodge and Savage Def just doesn't cut it these days.

Bane of my tanking life would be:

Skillstorm at the start of a pull - Ends in instant death of said warrior.
    Getting ready for a big boss fight, hitting Enrage and someone has to get a drink, leaving me with no rage and my Enrage spell on cooldown when everyone wants to do the fight.
    People have set dinner times when on progressing raids (ICC)
    VoA, Emalon - Dps the enraging targets, means Dps. the. enraging. target.

15+ Year Old Account

Healers pulling for you.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

More annoying things:

DPS-arrogance, based on gearscore:
    I (healer) was doing random daily some days ago with my tank buddy. He's a warrior, 25k lifepoints, wearing almost only blues.
    Since he didnt play for some months, he startet halls of lightning a bit slower than your average tank. The dps were extraordinary equipped and he did a really good job dealing with their threat.
    Now suddenly Mister Ret Paladin in his 30k Lifepoints arenagear begins thinking "hey, i am more geared than the others, i should pull, i should tank, i shouldn't wait for the healers mana".

I whispered my tank not so save him when he pulled and i didnt use chain heal or healing stream totem for the rest of the instance.
    He had quite a hard time surviving on its own, even deactivated Righteous Fury.
    Had a very fun time ^.^ but i guess as a tank it must have been very annoying.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

geared healers who are afraid of healing geared tanks that chain pulls
    Thunderstorm/Blastwave/Typhoon before aggro is established
    OT taunts to DR thus getting killed due to impale on goromok and bitching me out
    when someone says are we ready to go? lets pull. then said person goes afk when ready check pops up

not really annoying, but it happens, few nights ago was tanking a random heroic in UK and healer fell asleep after first boss. I continue to tank mobs in the next room and the dpsers followed suit, wasn't until i noticed my AD proccing and healing me and mage buddy nearly dying, we realized the healer wasnt with us, so we heal up and regen. I decide to swap out my stam trinkets with Onyxia head trinket n etrigg's oath for extra unhittablity and continued to clear until 2nd boss and healer went "SORRY FELL ASLEEP, OMW" was a good laugh, and that was when i decided to make maximum avoidance set for 5 mans in case i ever ran across a craptastic or a tired healer.

Coming from a Healer here, but I think it applies to this thread...

One of the most infuriating things to happen in any Raid (Maexxna-10 was the worst case of this happening).

I'm assigned to heal the Tank... Shaman on Raid heals and Curing Poison on Tank...
    about 5 fights in a row, I get Web Wrapped first (terrible luck), every time I watch as the tank dies... so slowly........... so very very slowly..... or at least it feels that way because he is receiving absolutely no healing from the shaman while I'm wrapped..........

The 6th attempt I didn't get web wrapped at all and we down the boss...

I have an absurd amount of patience..... This is one of the rare times where it was very tested...

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    Having Sun Eater stolen and de'ed right in front of me. Rage stroke. Mage said he really needed the mats, I could always get another one.
    Wow... if my signature wasn´t full I would put this on it :P
    Topic: Uh... How is healing fun... at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorn
    when s$%t hits the fan, tank thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", dps thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", healer says "no f$%#ing way am i letting us wipe"... heart starts pounding, palms get sweaty, and when you finally down him without wiping, you sit back, light up a smoke and think to yourself "yep, i did that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grohnn
    a dps dies, raids goes: "meh is just a dps"
    a healer dies, raid goes: "OH SHIZ A HEALER DIED"

Deleted

I've just been a tank for the last 3-4 days because of the new LFG system, had to go prot for faster groups nyways here goes:

Standing before a boss everybody said their ready, popping my divine plea and is just about to pull when a dps or healer yells STOP I NEED ******.
    Other paladins who dont know how to do normal blessings
    Other paladins who uses BoP on me
    Players going shit face on mobs before I even touch them
    Righteous fury as im new to tanking I always forget it and on the first pull of any instance theres usually a few dps who dies ^^
    Other tanks with really bad gear(anything under 34k hp unbuffed), im not sure how its even possible but when 3.3 was out I started getting prot gear and now im on 40k hp unbuffed 50-60% avoidance and generating pretty good threat I just have a hard time seeing how someones gear can be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer
    Other tanks with really bad gear(anything under 34k hp unbuffed), im not sure how its even possible but when 3.3 was out I started getting prot gear and now im on 40k hp unbuffed 50-60% avoidance and generating pretty good threat I just have a hard time seeing how someones gear can be that bad.
    Good to know. Since back in the last expansion, i've been a good tank.
    Sadly due to a lot of work i didnt have the time to grind the emblems to get the best possible "all eyes on lifepoints" gear. Without you i would not have noticed that i'm a bad tank for not playing as much as you and not being blindly focused on lifepoints alone.

Patch 3.3~ now we need 35k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.2~ now we need 32k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.1~ now we need 27k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.0~ now we need 21k life to tank Utgarde Keep.

Utgarde Keeps get harder every day.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

gormok twoshotting me in 0.254 seconds
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

A Retar'din using Taunt in his DPS rotation just because it inflicts damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Good to know. Since back in the last expansion, i've been a good tank.
    Sadly due to a lot of work i didnt have the time to grind the emblems to get the best possible "all eyes on lifepoints" gear. Without you i would not have noticed that i'm a bad tank for not playing as much as you and not being blindly focused on lifepoints alone.

Patch 3.3~ now we need 35k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.2~ now we need 32k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.1~ now we need 27k life to tank Utgarde Keep.
    Patch 3.0~ now we need 21k life to tank Utgarde Keep.

Utgarde Keeps get harder every day.

Goddamn this.

I'm a restoration shaman, and i've had 18-20k tanks tank perfectly before.

Nowadays people bitch and moan about 25k health tanks.... GIVE THEM A BREAK
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

When I see a 25k tank in my random heroics...I'm never worried about the tank dying.

.........I'm worried about that tank holding aggro when I do anything but simply auto attack.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org