Tanking Gems in 3.3

Wondering if with the 3.3 dodge nerf, will agility be the new way to gem? Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tanking Gems in 3.3

NO.

They aren't nerfing the amount of dodge you get per point of dodge on gear or through gems, but rather a flat 20% "tax," if you will, on all players inside ICC. It doesn't change a thing.

Edit: Just realized this was druid forum. I don't know how druids gem, but it still doesn't change anything.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

It's too early to tell. Like Eurytos pointed out, this doesnt change the priorities of dodge vs. stam... but we still don't know how the bosses will hit. Even the PTR is not a full indication -- everything can change between PTR and release.

Go in there with your current gems. See how it goes. Do you get two-shot, because you don't have enough HP? Gem more stam. Do you never go below 20k hp? Gem more agi. Adjust based on how the fights go for you, your guild, and your healers.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the thing is exactly that.

They said bosses will hit relatively weaker, but we don't know what that "relatively" means at the present time. So unless we can read the future, I'm afraid it's too hard to tell. I have my guesses, but they're just that :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

My best guess would be that we will want to go into ICC as we are currently geared. As we get gear upgrades that inherently have more stam we can begin to gem for agility instead of stam. This will mean our health pools may not increase significantly from the start of tier 10 gearing to the end, but our dodge will go up significantly through agi gemming, as well as our crit and ap thus affecting savage defense.

But, that's just a guess. The mind of a blizz developer is a scary place at times and really hard to figure out, lol.