Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowmourne. Cannot be used in pvp

I've been testing the 3.3 patch on my own server I compiled to have first-hand looks at the upcoming changes to the game. I noticed a few things and the thing I noticed most interesting is the fact that Shadowmourne cannot be used in PvP. Due to its proc, it inflicts shadow damage within a radius of the burst. This DOES break all CCs (disregarding lolclone). Any team that uses it will run into alot of problems with CC breaking. You can CC them farther away but sometimes you need to CC them beside you. Good luck. Any way to overcome this and still use the OP legendary in arenas?

Re: Shadowmourne. Cannot be used in pvp

It'll probably kill someone in three hits anyway, what does CC matter? :P

I can think of one thing which would be if you had this axe your team really doesn't need to worry to much about CC.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Why do you need CC if you have someone with that axe?

EDIT: Disregard what i said, checked back and i am retarded.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslap/advanced
    Tera - Kuroneko - 60 Berserker - Mount Tyrannas, Active since CB1

Quite frankly, the undeniable overpoweredness of Shadowmourne eliminates any issues with CC breaking.

If it's REALLY a problem, seeing as it's a buff, just click it off when it hits 9 stacks.

Is not really a big issue because shadowmorne is a weapon used by the melee classes on cleave teams not CC teams.

Think about it for a second Warrior/dk/ret all tend to use druid/paladin healers.
    Last I checked damage did not break pally stuns.

The only time it might be a issue is in 5s because the team would then have to be sure to not incorporate rogues/priest/shaman/warlocks into the team but to instead build around heavy armor such as Pally/dk/warrior and to a lesser extent druids.

15+ Year Old Account

"Cannot use in PvP" and "shouldnt use in arena because it could possibly break cc" are not the same thing.

just shut up and dont worry about this weapon in Arena. even if you arena more than the average person, you still will rarely see somone with this weapon, especially since we dont know how it will be attained. I know about the quests, but nothing confirms nor denies the possibility of a 25 hm kill of arthas to get weapon and blah blah blah.

TLDR: Your opinion is far from fact.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Quite frankly, the undeniable overpoweredness of Shadowmourne eliminates any issues with CC breaking.

If it's REALLY a problem, seeing as it's a buff, just click it off when it hits 9 stacks.
    on my server it works like some buffs that you cant click off. You cannot click off the strength buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost

I know boomkins had an addon that would remove their proc, but that got changed. Would it be possible to do it with Shadowmourne?

And also, it sucks to have someone with a legendary weapon fighting you in arena's.. it's almost not fair. 2's against a disc priest+rogue when the priest has the legendary mace is just like... you want to just leave.

Also warglaives hurt like a bitch at 70 in pvp.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

4 shadowmournes and a valanyr. Now that's an arena team.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    "Cannot use in PvP" and "shouldnt use in arena because it could possibly break cc" are not the same thing.

just shut up and dont worry about this weapon in Arena. even if you arena more than the average person, you still will rarely see somone with this weapon, especially since we dont know how it will be attained. I know about the quests, but nothing confirms nor denies the possibility of a 25 hm kill of arthas to get weapon and blah blah blah.

TLDR: Your opinion is far from fact.
    I love dumbfucks who don't arena like you. CC is probally the biggest part of arena. I don't care how powerful you think the weapon is. When your fighting good players with high resilience and good partners to work on your taking this axe basically out of this game. Read how to fucking obtain it retard. Would you like the links to how to get it?

And newsflash, I meant shouldnt use in PvP at all. Quite clearly theres no limitation on where you can take the weapon. If your dumb enough to not classify CC with PvP then you need to go play Aion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyggie
    I've been testing the 3.3 patch on my own server I compiled to have first-hand looks at the upcoming changes to the game. I noticed a few things and the thing I noticed most interesting is the fact that Shadowmourne cannot be used in PvP. Due to its proc, it inflicts shadow damage within a radius of the burst. This DOES break all CCs (disregarding lolclone). Any team that uses it will run into alot of problems with CC breaking. You can CC them farther away but sometimes you need to CC them beside you. Good luck. Any way to overcome this and still use the OP legendary in arenas?
    Thats so retarded I dont even know what to say about it. I can only assume youre trolling.

K, wait for it...

Wait for it...

Warrior/Druid
    Paladin/Warrior
    Paladin/DK

FACEROLL TIMEZ
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I love how people know nothing about shadowmourne. It only damages demons, undead, and something else with it's proc last I saw.

Honestly, to what the title of this thread insinuates, but does not deliver, I really do think all legendaries should be unusable in arena or at least remove their procs. A couple of bad shamans on the server I used to play on pretty much facerolled to gladiator this season with Valanyr considering s5 one of the got carried by a hacker, s6 got carried by 2 people who were in the 2800's in 2's while one of the shamans was struggling at 1300 in 3's.

Shadowmourne though won't really be showing much face in arenas though, but Shadow's Edge you will probably see. Considering we won't even have Sindragosa for a couple of months, it's probably going to be about 3 months before we see the first one made.

Deleted

I love dumbfucks who don't arena like you. CC is probally the biggest part of arena. I don't care how powerful you think the weapon is. When your fighting good players with high resilience and good partners to work on your taking this axe basically out of this game. Read how to fucking obtain it retard. Would you like the links to how to get it?

And newsflash, I meant shouldnt use in PvP at all. Quite clearly theres no limitation on where you can take the weapon. If your dumb enough to not classify CC with PvP then you need to go play Aion
    That's just the behaviour that a) destroys your thread, b) gets you reported and c) hopefully banned for at day or two. (probably no c, but meh... can't have everything)

Soooo.. we have a weapon with a proc... which, when stacked to 10, unleashes an attack that breaks CC.
    We don't know the proc-rate...
    We do know that that weapon is superior to EVERYTHING else. In every possible way.

Now... because the weapon MIGHT break a CC when fully stacked, which could happen after 3min of fighting or even longer, you want to say that it's shit for PvP?
    Really?
    I mean... the fact that you do waaaaaay more damage with it, compared to other weapons, does not even remotely cross your mind?
    And hey, if we wanna talk skill - why not just switch your target when you've reached 9 stacks? Switch to someone who isn't CC'ed or who's far away from a CC, so you can prevent breaking the CC?
    Ooooor maybe you could use the 2k damage to kill someone off, did that thought cross your mind?

Shadowmourne is the best weapon out there and it WILL change PvP... huuuge buff to every Ret, Warri and DK-PvP who can obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance
    I love how people know nothing about shadowmourne. It only damages demons, undead, and something else with it's proc last I saw.

Honestly, to what the title of this thread insinuates, but does not deliver, I really do think all legendaries should be unusable in arena or at least remove their procs. A couple of bad shamans on the server I used to play on pretty much facerolled to gladiator this season with Valanyr considering s5 one of the got carried by a hacker, s6 got carried by 2 people who were in the 2800's in 2's while one of the shamans was struggling at 1300 in 3's.

Shadowmourne though won't really be showing much face in arenas though, but Shadow's Edge you will probably see. Considering we won't even have Sindragosa for a couple of months, it's probably going to be about 3 months before we see the first one made.
    First: It got changed, the damage of the proc itself has been reduced from ~6-8k on everything to 6-8k on Undead/Demons to 1900-2100 on everything.
    So yes, it damages more then those two types.

Second: How the hell do you know WHEN the gates will be opened? Haven't read anything about it... it could be possible that we'll face the first 4 bosses in the first week and a new gate gets opened every week. It could take two weeks between each gate. It could of course also take 2 years...
    So, what are your sources? Where have you heard of it?

If your dumb enough to not classify CC with PvP then you need to go play Aion
    WOW... You must really be retarded... CC is a part of PvP in Aion as well, dude.

Won't be a problem, just make macros for all your spells with /cancelaura (name of the buff) and no worries

edit: probably not a good idea since you'll miss out on the stacking str from the buff, but like someone already pointed out just click it off when you reach 9 stacks.

So what you're saying is I should TSG my way to victory

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    That's just the behaviour that a) destroys your thread, b) gets you reported and c) hopefully banned for at day or two. (probably no c, but meh... can't have everything)

Soooo.. we have a weapon with a proc... which, when stacked to 10, unleashes an attack that breaks CC.
    We don't know the proc-rate...
    We do know that that weapon is superior to EVERYTHING else. In every possible way.

Now... because the weapon MIGHT break a CC when fully stacked, which could happen after 3min of fighting or even longer, you want to say that it's shit for PvP?
    Really?
    I mean... the fact that you do waaaaaay more damage with it, compared to other weapons, does not even remotely cross your mind?
    And hey, if we wanna talk skill - why not just switch your target when you've reached 9 stacks? Switch to someone who isn't CC'ed or who's far away from a CC, so you can prevent breaking the CC?
    Ooooor maybe you could use the 2k damage to kill someone off, did that thought cross your mind?

Shadowmourne is the best weapon out there and it WILL change PvP... huuuge buff to every Ret, Warri and DK-PvP who can obtain it.

First: It got changed, the damage of the proc itself has been reduced from ~6-8k on everything to 6-8k on Undead/Demons to 1900-2100 on everything.
    So yes, it damages more then those two types.

Second: How the hell do you know WHEN the gates will be opened? Haven't read anything about it... it could be possible that we'll face the first 4 bosses in the first week and a new gate gets opened every week. It could take two weeks between each gate. It could of course also take 2 years...
    So, what are your sources? Where have you heard of it?
    Did it cross your mind that it's probably gonna be better than the best epic item dropping in Icecrown, but WAAAAY more damage is just bullshit. CC is the keypoint to a good team and this can come in trouble. People saying that it's very good and people with it will just kill people WAY faster is 1400 scrubs, ofcourse there is some teams that just dies after 1 minute of play, but there is certainly some teams that doesn't die right away and needs just a bit of CC.
    TL;DR : Not WAAAAY better, 1400 scrubs thinking damage will make up for the missing CC. People will adapt their playstyle if they get it.