Sorry, but i just had to ask :(

Hey all, my druid is approaching 80, and it looks like they'll be needed a tank (/emo), I said i was happy to do it, but it also looks like they'll want me to go back to dps once we get a new tank, my question is basically (and yes a bizzare one) is there any ways you guys use to be able to tank and dps without TOO much of a gear change, probably gonna be laughed of as a nab but it dosen't look like gathering two sets of "relatively" the same gear will be that possible and if the dps gear will be stacked with Arp ect.....

Thanks in advance, sorry its such a awful question tho - cheers

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Sorry, but i just had to ask :(

The gear is not completely different.

Cats prefer ArP, while Bears tend to stack expertise. But generally, the items you use are very similar (although the Best-In-Slot ones aren't).

So yes, you can probably get a tanking set and then you won't have to start over form scratch once you turn dps. It will take a re-gem/re-enchant and, of course, jewelry is completely different.

But your Tier items, or many feral items, are used for both cat and bear without big issues. A good option is, given your tanking items will have low ArP, to be (once you turn dps) an Agility cat. Which means gemming for straight agility and dashing out a shitloads of crits, instead of pursuing the ArP path, which requires more preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Some pieces are the same, some are not, some enchants are the same, some are not

Feral enchants:

Head: stam and defense, or AP and crit
    Shoulders: dodge and def rating or ap and crit
    Back: 22 agility
    Chest: +10 stats
    Bracers: 40 stam or 50 AP
    Hands: 20 agility
    legs: stam and agility or AP and crit
    belt: extra socket which does well with an agility gem
    feet: 16 agility
    weapon: mongoose, executioner or berserking

So it looks like your back, hands, chest, belt and feet should all be the same? Well yes, except for the back because tanking cloaks have stam, str, dodge, defense, expertise, and hit rating on them. DPS cloaks have agility, arpen, stam, haste, AP and crit. So that narrows it down to chest, hands, belt, and feet. A weapon can also easily be shared if you pack it with agility or stam/agility and put mongoose on it.

The rest of the items you're going to have to use with bad enchants. You won't fit well into a raiding guild if you have a tanking enchant on your dps helmet or AP and crit on your tanking shoulders. If you're planning on doing some high end raiding you won't be able to share almost any gear. You'll have your dps gear packed with armor penetration gems and your tanking gear packed with stam or agil/stam gems.

Build your main spec first, then your second spec. You're always going to have to put one spec ahead of the other.

As you're just approaching 80 I'm guessing you won't be tanking anything too difficult anytime soon (read: ToC 10 and earlier content). Given that, you could take full cat gear, gem it with pure agility, and that'd give you a set that would be reasonable for both cat dps and bear tanking. It won't necessarily be ideal for either, but it'd at least be enough for the content you'd be facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!