Finally clarification on Eclipse

Eclipse: This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse.
    Almost back to the way it was previously, only it was 30 secs total instead of 15 secs. Basically, no more back to back Eclipses, have to wait at least 15 secs between "possible" procs. Yep, nerf city, expect the Boomkins to be disappearing.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Re: Finally clarification on Eclipse

not the way i'm reading it. To me it says that we will be able to proc a new eclipse 15 seconds after we proc the first eclipse. Key word is
    effect firing
    not effect fading.

If the lockout starts when eclipse fires, then we have 15 seconds before we can go into the next eclipse.

post #13 is exactly how i read the wording on the front page of the website for the eclipse change.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...-squawkandawe/

Deleted

We've already been discussing this for, what, a week or two? I thought we finally settled the argument, but i suppose yet another thread is in order, now that everybody else has calmed down.

Let me make this absolutely clear: This change was done SOLELY to break WiseEclipse. Nothing more. All it does is that you cannot get another eclipse within 15 seconds of *getting* one. You get lunar eclipse, and then you cannot, under no circumstance, get solar eclipse until 15 seconds later. This means that WiseEclipse cancelling your eclipse will NOT allow you to go straight into solar eclipse, but if you allow eclipse to run out on its own (full 15 seconds) you can then proc the other.

That is the ONLY change, and its not massive - we've certainly been compensated for it elsewhere (cause you did see the general eclipse buff, right?)

Which btw is not on the ptr 3.3 :/

I think ill hold on to my emblems and triumphs for a while longer till this is 100% sure to happen. We shall see.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    Which btw is not on the ptr 3.3 :/

I think ill hold on to my emblems and triumphs for a while longer till this is 100% sure to happen. We shall see.

Khad
    Clears throath..

Eclipse: This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse. In addition, Eclipse now grants a 40% critical strike chance to Starfire and 40% increased damage to Wrath, up from 30%.

Besides that, this wouldn't be the first time Blizzard forgot stuff in the patch notes. They haven't added the tier 8 nerf, for example, but you can trust that it will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Almost back to the way it was previously, only it was 30 secs total instead of 15 secs. Basically, no more back to back Eclipses, have to wait at least 15 secs between "possible" procs. Yep, nerf city, expect the Boomkins to be disappearing.
    Are you retarted?

Eclipse procs, then you have to wait 15 seconds before the next eclipse can proc and the same eclipse cannot proc more than once every 30 seconds (giving it 15 seconds no proc zone).

How is this different from today? Except that Wise Eclipse is totally dead in the water.

Deleted

Can sum1 lock and close this thread please ... I cannot believe people STILL think that this is the case after the amount of time we've spent discussing this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    not the way i'm reading it. To me it says that we will be able to proc a new eclipse 15 seconds after we proc the first eclipse. Key word is not effect fading.

If the lockout starts when eclipse fires, then we have 15 seconds before we can go into the next eclipse.

post #13 is exactly how i read the wording on the front page of the website for the eclipse change.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...-squawkandawe/
    Alright, I'm going to be a big girl and admit that I WAS WRONG. I guess in my nerdrage I was missing the fact that it said FIRING. That and the fact that I have been consistently staying awake for over 40+ hours at a time. >< Ok, I WAS WRONG, just wanted to say it again.

On the other side, I wasn't using WE until a few months ago, so it'll be interesting to see what it's like now that it's broken again.

I will say that I am still not happy about the 10% on Eclipse though, just seems like that isn't much when it comes to something that is RNG. If they could fix it to be not RNG somehow, I would be happy. I know that some people don't like set rotations and all, but like everything else in life, I have shitty luck with Eclipse procs.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Deleted

You were using 2pt8 because the set bonus was powerfull. Now you get to keep 66% of that bonus, while still upgrading to other bonusses. This was the only reason you were ditching better gear for 2pt8. In truth, the change you will see is as follows (assuming you can equip 4pt9 straight off):

-1% wrath damage during eclipse
    -5% starfire crit during eclipse
    +4% starfire damage

You already have a lot of crit, so the 5% crit loss wont be terrible, and you will still crit with most of your starfires in eclipse, but you will be doing more damage with them now, which makes up for the loss in crit and the 1% less damage from wrath.

EDIT: Oh, and stats. You get more stats when upgrading anyways. For me, i gained 80 SP, 17 haste, 66 hit over cap (:P) while i lost 0,75% crit, which is very acceptable. I am contemplating switching my current belt for heroic Belt of the Bloodhoof Emisary (+33~ SP, adding the spirit aswell, while losing 21 crit rating, but i just don't like dropping down in crit :P).

Q, no need to be ass

That last sentese was not there early in the morning. It came with the update :/ About 10 mins after my post insidently...

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

I don't think khad likes you Q :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    Q, no need to be ass

That last sentese was not there early in the morning. It came with the update :/ About 10 mins after my post insidently...

Khad
    Yes, that is why i added "Besides that, this wouldn't be the first time Blizzard forgot stuff in the patch notes. They haven't added the tier 8 nerf, for example, but you can trust that it will be there.". Heck, the main reason why i made it bold and bigger letters is because i missed it on the second read through the patch notes, after they were added

Dont worry, if i am deliberately trying to put you down, i will be a lot clearer

I love both of you guys

I dont see a broblem in being on the opposite side of discussions. Yes, from time to time i actyally think both of you now adays lack the humble attitude that BOTH of you had not too long a go. If you look back to how you conduct your self on few of the ongoing topics on balance and resto stuff, i think you see your self what i mean.

Trough my life i have been fast to react on other peoples behalf or for my personal reasons. Im that interveaning type. It leads me to situations where i get attention that i originally did not want. That has not left me to be afraid to stand up thou. I dont mind being called by name, teased or ridiculed. I am not afraid of the physical part of it either. That kind of behaviour tells more of the opposing side than me.

Im allso fast to admit if i am wrong. And slow to give up if i feel that im not.

So, i ques if you go by your way and ill continue on my chosen path, we will be on a crash course in future too. Does not keep me qoing to Q:s lair almost daily. Doesnt keep me from really cheking trough your posts, eaven thou i dont like the attitude it carries with it. Thats the ammount of respect i have for you two.

Khad

Deleted

I think you are reading too much into my posts or you have already decided that my posts should be met with hostility. Calling me out as an ass, because i post something in bold, displays this quite well. When disagreeing becomes a general standpoint no matter the context, and when you begin to read my posts as if they MUST have been written in a negative tone, then it becomes a problem (and i do feel that this is a rising problem that i can't seem to shake). I have previously commented on my views on trolling, and i would hope that my activity here reflects my wishes to focus more on the actual moonkin business, and less on petty namecalling and bickering.

That being said, i dont really think this conversation should take place in a topic on a public forum. Any irregularities between us could and should be settled privately - or by the alternative which is where i simply begin ignoring posts from users that starts out with namecalling.

Logged on about an hour ago and toodled over to the test dummy in my shiny new T9 that has been sat in the bank for a while to see how life is like after WE...

First lunar->solar transition I had was on the first un-eclipsed SF that I cast - RnG FTW!

Damage still feels on par though, so I'm not worried

Deleted

Trust that when you are fighting a boss, and he gets a +damage taken debuff, it will take you 20 seconds to proc solar eclipse! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Trust that when you are fighting a boss, and he gets a +damage taken debuff, it will take you 20 seconds to proc solar eclipse! :P
    I wouldn't expect any less ;D

Oh, and forget Eclipse changes - but I've got Widescreen loading screens and my staff enchant GLOWS.

I love my life

Deleted

haha , I'm in work till later this evening I've even asked my boss to let me home so I could play .... little luck that had :P Good to hear the damage is still on par I'm looking forward to dusting off my T9 pieces Eclipse working as intended ???