New intros for Cata?

So the world os changing in Cata, new lore will be written, as such I think blizzard should update the intros for the new starting races. I thought of a few ones off the top of my head.

The forsaken, once a great and powerful force to be rekconed with. Since the events at the Wrathgate in Northrend the rest of the horde, doubting The dark lady's loyalty to their cause, has put a short leash around her neck. Now <insert the new guys name whos taking over for varimathras, i forgot it> stands at her side, ever vigilant and ever watching.
    Out of fear for losing her allies and under order of the new warcheif, Garrosh Hellscream, has Sylvanas launched an invasion of the newly opened kingdom of gilneas. As a loyal souldier to your city and to your queen, you must fufill her desire and serve the horde with pride.

(I heard that Cairne dies in a Nelf attack on TB in response to the cutting of Ashenvale. As a result of his death walls are build all around TB.)

Ever since the tragic death of their wise and levelheaded cheiftan, Cairne bloodhoof, the tuaren have been in a state of morning. His son, and the successor to his thrine, Baine Bloodhoof has taken up the mantel of leader. Thoguh he is young and inexperienced there is much confidence behind his new leadership.
    Now you must defend the lives of your people from the threat the night elves present. Already having claimed the life of your late cheiftan you have taken up arms to defend the innocent and to take revenge on those that have disturbed and changed your world forever. Only through the tests of strenght and wisdom that will be presented to you can you have hope of moving forward and being able tp provide aid for your new Warcheif, his will is yours, and his will is blood.

Comments? Ither people have ideas of their own?
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Re: New intros for Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus
    Ever since the tragic death of their wise and levelheaded cheiftan, Cairne bloodhoof,
    Cairne's death is unconfirmed.

Hell, it's practically deconfirmed, seeing as how so many other things along with it from the same leak were deconfirmed - Thrall being Guardian, Org being destroyed, etc.

In fact I believe some of the Cataclysm artwork shows Cairne and Thrall working together to save babies.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.

I like the idea. i really hope they make new ones, the old ones are getting kind of "old" >.>
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Cairne's death is unconfirmed.

Hell, it's practically deconfirmed, seeing as how so many other things along with it from the same leak were deconfirmed - Thrall being Guardian, Org being destroyed, etc.
    Geez the first two posts on this thread are haters....

I can have my own thought and opinions cant I?
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

I've no doubts blizzard has already thought this through, they're reworking all other aspects of the old world anyhow so...

Of course you can, and others are also allowed to point out when you are wrong.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

A. The Night Elves would not attack the Tauren, they are allies, in some ways. (In fact, their allegiance has been suggested as a way for the Tauren to enter the alliance if Blizz ever decides to allow you to change faction without changing race)
    B. The Orcs cut down Ashenvale, not the Tauren, why would any of the alliance go after the Tauren for that?
    C. Cairne's death has not been confirmed. On top of that, what was leaked stated that Cairne was slain by a leader of the horde, not the alliance.

Plus, these don't sound like intros. Intros show new players a look into the background of the race. Your undead one spoils multiple stages of the Wrathgate storyline.

EDIT: By the way, if you want legitimate critiques, the first step would be to have correct spelling on basic words.

EDIT2: And Grimmer, his death was not part of the leak that also said org was destroyed, etc. It was part of Bab's source's leak, before he merged them. And it's backed up by the fact that a lot of the report to Cairne quests are not linking to report to Baine.

They aren't haters dude. They are just saying something. You are posting in general discussion, so you can predict people won't always agree with you. That's a discussion. They aren't saying you can't have your opinions. Or when you post we have to say "yes, i agree?"

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

As a result of his death walls are build all around TB.
    have you ever been to thunder bluff? that's gotta be some seriously HIGH walls bro... on a side note, FLYING MOUNTS IN AZEROTH YO, what would walls help anyhow :>

10+ Year Old Account

C. Cairne's death has not been confirmed. On top of that, what was leaked stated that Cairne was slain by a leader of the horde, not the alliance.
    ^ This, i bet my left nut it will happen though, i did see a few different GMs bring it up. The others, not to sure about =\

Plus, these don't sound like intros. Intros show new players a look into the background of the race. Your undead one spoils multiple stages of the Wrathgate storyline.
    ^ Indeed, but at this time now alot of "new players" are alts and people who are coming back to WoW.
    That being said, i'd bet my right nut 80% of players new or old know a decent chunk of the lore.
    Maybe if your idea of new intros was to stand, it would be something less "spoiler-y" and something that will introduce you to the expansions lore.. Anyway, overall imo it would be nice to see, but definately not neccassary as all the race introductions introduce you to the faction and race itself, rather then the game and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    EDIT2: And Grimmer, his death was not part of the leak that also said org was destroyed, etc. It was part of Bab's source's leak, before he merged them. And it's backed up by the fact that a lot of the report to Cairne quests are not linking to report to Baine.
    No, both were from SomethingAwful. I remember it. One paragraph talked about world changes, which said that Wailing Caverns was falling into a volcano (not true to my knowledge), Thousand Needles is flooded (ok, they got that) and Orgrimmar is destroyed.

Then the next paragraph detailed very specifically that Garrosh implicates Cairne as a traitor and kills him.

I know for a fact it was part of SA because it was so detailed. It didn't just say "Cairne is gone," it wrote it out like a fanfic...which is how you can tell it was a troll. Same paragraph said Thrall was Guardian, and Malfurion was coming back to "activate" him. They got the Malfurion part right...just not WHY he was coming back (Ragnaros).

10+ Year Old Account

You're intros aren't bad and i do hope that Blizz really change them.

I just want the Draenei starting area to be tweaked. Please, please, please, don't have it seem like you just crash landed your escape pod still. Even if the Exodar stays and the zone is completely changed, make it like "a second ship came by with more Draenei and your escape pod from THAT ship crashed and that's why you're out here amidst wreckage." I don't know how they'd do it, but the ship has been "recently explodezored" for years now.

If you look the Goblin and worgen race intro video that are leaked on the web you can see they have a nice introduction to their races. A similar thing should be added to the other existing races as well. Keep also in mind that Blizzard is improving tutorials for the game in patch 3.3, so can be worked out further in Cataclysm.