White hit Crit cap an issue for enhancement shaman?

Was bored and reading some Rogue posts recently and stumbled across a post that linked to:

http://www.wow.com/2009/11/11/encryp...p-demystified/

Short summary is that when Expertise and White hit capped you can crit a max of 71% of the time because of a bosses innate ability to not be critted 5% of the time and 24% of attacks being glancing blows.

I haven't seen any discussion of this here so wanted to start some.

Off hand I'd say that it probably shouldn't be a problem since we enhancement shaman typically aren't stacking Crit or Agility like a rogue. Agility isn't as good for us only giving 1 attack power per point compared to the 2 per point rogues get. On the other hand we typically don't even try to get to the white hit cap so any % chance to miss from not being white hit capped decreases our crit cap.

Has anyone tried to look at this factor? Can Enhsim or Rawr even account for this?

Deleted

Re: White hit Crit cap an issue for enhancement shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Agility isn't as good for us only giving 1 attack power per point compared to the 2 per point rogues get.
    Just wanted to say that that's wrong.
    They gain 1 Ap per point of Agi, the same as we Shamans.
    Don't play Enhance so can't really comment on the other stuff >_>

Ahh that must have changed at some point. Either way the point still remains. Shaman have never really stacked or gemmed for agility so that gives us a some what lower melee crit rate over all.

Ahh that must have changed at some point. Either way the point still remains. Shaman have never really stacked or gemmed for agility so that gives us a some what lower melee crit rate over all.
    its been that way as long as i've played. (launch of bc).

Also, why are you worried about this? there is no gear that your going to get your white crit to 70% unless you go out and gem crit, enchnat crit and seek nothing buy crit gear. At that point your DPS will probably be quite nerfed.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Was bored and reading some Rogue posts recently and stumbled across a post that linked to:

http://www.wow.com/2009/11/11/encryp...p-demystified/

Short summary is that when Expertise and White hit capped you can crit a max of 71% of the time because of a bosses innate ability to not be critted 5% of the time and 24% of attacks being glancing blows.

I haven't seen any discussion of this here so wanted to start some.

Off hand I'd say that it probably shouldn't be a problem since we enhancement shaman typically aren't stacking Crit or Agility like a rogue. Agility isn't as good for us only giving 1 attack power per point compared to the 2 per point rogues get. On the other hand we typically don't even try to get to the white hit cap so any % chance to miss from not being white hit capped decreases our crit cap.

Has anyone tried to look at this factor? Can Enhsim or Rawr even account for this?
    Yes Rawr & EnhSim both take the crit cap into account. Which is why you see miss, glancing, crit in the tooltips of items on Rawr (hit rate being 100% minus miss rate, glancing rate, crit rate). So they know if you were to go crazy and try to cap white hit and crit.

Just thought I'd point out that rogues only get 1 AP per point of agi.

in my BiS-gear post ( i haven´t added 25hc loot yet ) i reached 47% crit unbuffed. with elemental devastation it would be 56%. with leader of the pack it´s 61%. add to that kings, mdw, strenght of earth and we´d probably reach up to 65% crit fullbuffed with ed proc in 10hc/25 gear )

with 25hc gear could get close ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    in my BiS-gear post ( i haven´t added 25hc loot yet ) i reached 47% crit unbuffed. with elemental devastation it would be 56%. with leader of the pack it´s 61%. add to that kings, mdw, strenght of earth and we´d probably reach up to 65% crit fullbuffed with ed proc in 10hc/25 gear )

with 25hc gear could get close ;D
    The 71% max assumes you are hit capped for you white hits which I doubt the BIS is. You also are forgetting the 3% crit debuff that can be on the boss. If I had to guess you might already be crit capped in that gear with proper raid buffs and elemental devastation up.