Shadow Weapon Enchants in 3.3

So the Black Magic enchant has been changed to 250 haste on harmful spellcast, not sure on internal cd or duration. Our PP for haste is now 1 according to shadowpriests. Especially for one handed weapons might this be a better enchant than 63 spellpower? Love to hear anyones thoughts on this and if anyone has done any testing on the ptr with the two enchants.

Re: Shadow Weapon Enchants in 3.3

Shadowpriest.com best in slot list has black magic at 69 PP so its better for one handers, people stuck with staffs like me should stick to 81 SP

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    Shadowpriest.com best in slot list has black magic at 69 PP so its better for one handers, people stuck with staffs like me should stick to 81 SP
    You think we are stuck with staffs? They rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    Have that been updated to not take SW:P into account?

I'm somewhat doubtful.

I think that's the updated value. However, at the moment, I will stick with 63 sp (may change later after testing Black Magic in raid, though) as the difference between two enchants isn't big (6 pp), and a haste proc can be affected more by latency, movement, etc. than spell power (i.e: getting lagged up / have to dispersion right after the proc wouldn't be good).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    I think that's the updated value. However, at the moment, I will stick with 63 sp (may change later after testing Black Magic in raid, though) as the difference between two enchants isn't big (6 pp), and a haste proc can be affected more by latency, movement, etc. than spell power (i.e: getting lagged up / have to dispersion right after the proc wouldn't be good).
    It is, the PP value of haste when SW:P benefited from it was between 1.1 and 1.3 while the current PP value was 1.0

Tried it out the limited amount of time I had today, and I'm not that impressed.

From what I gather, DoTs scale with the amount of haste you have when you cast it. Black Magic procs on a Mind Blast or Mind Flay, tends to be completely useless most of the time.

Sure might be ideal in a simulator, but in real-life, I think it's pratical value might be less worth it.

However, I'll not replace the enchant untill I get a new weapon, to test it futher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Tried it out the limited amount of time I had today, and I'm not that impressed.

From what I gather, DoTs scale with the amount of haste you have when you cast it. Black Magic procs on a Mind Blast or Mind Flay, tends to be completely useless most of the time.

Sure might be ideal in a simulator, but in real-life, I think it's pratical value might be less worth it.

However, I'll not replace the enchant untill I get a new weapon, to test it futher.
    I feel the same, since it is a proc, and the proc lasts 10 seconds, it doesn't give a big enough window to actually use it. I'm going to use just straight up SP personally.

Those 69PP are just theoretical numbers, in practice the number will be lower, how much it is depends on RNG. As nez said, the procc lasts 10s, while those 10s u have to cast vT & DP, if you cant coz theyre just got up before it procced, that procc wont affect the DoTs so its PP going down like it was in 3.2 (0.6? PP).
    Second, Haste's PP value changes with you gear, it may be possible that haste has with your gear just 0.8PP or 1.2 PP.

Knowing that I wont even test this enchant and just keep my good old friend 63SP

If im wrong, pls correct me.