Thread: 3.3 shadow bugs

3.3 shadow bugs

anyone else noticing a bug with mind flay.. pretty much preventing you from casting mind flay on your target... happens at strange times.

also anyone else notice the dispersion bug.. you pretty much stay in caster form.. the fog cloud animation goes over you.. and the tooltip says gains 0% mana over x seconds.
    you still gain all the mana.. but those things happen also.

Re: 3.3 shadow bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    anyone else noticing a bug with mind flay.. pretty much preventing you from casting mind flay on your target... happens at strange times.

also anyone else notice the dispersion bug.. you pretty much stay in caster form.. the fog cloud animation goes over you.. and the tooltip says gains 0% mana over x seconds.
    you still gain all the mana.. but those things happen also.

Yep I saw both of these, mind flay one only happened once.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

the mindflay bug has allways been there, its just very very rare/random

Yeah I was gonna ask about that dispersion thing, still got all the mana, and my tooltip says it restores the right amount, I just don't become that swirling dust thing. I've never had that mindflay bug, that sounds pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    Inscription: Flying Parchment: Similar to Flying Carpet, only it looks like the Constitution

I was getting the mind flay problem on Deathbringer Saurfang (10 Man) last night. At one point I had 7 mind flays in a row fail to cast. I thought I was missing at first, but I wasn't seeing the scrolling combat text say "miss" and Recount said I only had 1 miss on mind flay last night.

Indeed, the dispersion animation have either changed, or is seriously bugged.

I saw the dispersion change on the PTR last week. Must have been for bg purposes so that the enemies know which direction you are facing while dispersed.

The mind flay bug has been here for a while. At times, I'll get the "can't cast that on friendly targets", even when I'm targeting the boss.

The dispersion gives the right amount back, but the tooltip is wrong.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Did some testing on both the known bugs..

First the mind flay bug is without a doubt exacerbated by haste. I ran a few dungeons on my priest at 400 haste and had the mind flay issue happen only once.

However today i ran with my natural haste rating of 700 and had the problem three times. each and every time it happend was when i procced my glove haste tinker and berserking. So im definatly going to link that bug to the recent increase in haste.
    While the mind flay bug has been around for a while. i think as haste increases it will become a huge problem that happens far to much to not be fixed.

As for the dispersion bug. the tooltip is definatly bugged saying it returns 0% mana over x ammount of seconds.. However it still returns all the mana it usually does.

As for the animation i highly doubt its an intended change. as it seems the dispersion animation just overlaps your current character animation.. it definatly resembles a bug.. besides it looks insanely stupid the way it is now. and its a waste of a perfectly good dispersion animation. so im gonna go with definate bug.

So anyways the sooner the devs find out about these bugs the sooner we get them fixed.. please report these to the devs via the website or ingame.