Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ICC Minimum DPS Requirements

People only think 10 man is easy because there decked out in 25 man and 25 man heroic gear.
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    People only think 10 man is easy because there decked out in 25 man and 25 man heroic gear.
    The DPS requirements for 10 mans are watered down way more than gear alone accounts for. Even when doing something like Dedicated insanity bosses die much faster than they do in 25 mans.

Beyond this the level of complexity involved in the mechanics is extremely reduced. Take Anub'arak for example on 10 man you don't need HoP rotations, Special tank positioning(or a single block capped tank who never shows his back) Man to Man penetrating cold assignments or sustainable phase 3 add DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    most of my group was in 25 man uld gear...we quit as ToC was comming ...and it was a cake walk on 10 man.

We're a 10man only guild, but most of us have access to TotGC10 gear as we've been farming it for a while now.

We breezed through ICC pretty much last night, hardest part was not getting giddy and jetpacking into oblivion while the raid buffed up :

Saurfang we two shot, first attempt got to 5% and then we lost a healer due to underestimating / not understanding the frenzied debuff.

Second attempt we just blew BL at 30% and nailed him before the debuffs got handed out. This seems to be the only DPS race thus far, and we comfortably beat it with bloodlust.

DPS for Saurfang was (pretty tank and spank):

~7400
    ~7100
    ~6500
    ~6000
    ~5900

I think for a guild missing totgc gear or 25man gear, ICC may seem a little harsh - as a few times we made mistakes and still landed a kill, which probably wouldn't have happened if we were all at 232 gear only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerbeard
    Run it.
    If you wipe, replace the lowest DPS.
    Rinse and repeat until you are successful.
    Wipes can have other reasons beside DPS

Ive done a guild run tonight, no isses and most people sitting on 5k DPS.

No worries Id say

People are being a bit misleading regarding saurfang: the number of marks cast depend on both dps and the amount of melée and type of tanks you have.

Taking our regular togc ten cleave team (which we had 9 manned with three healers quite comfortably) we went in and had rogue dk hunter ret and fury all over 8.5k and ele shaman on just under 6k (one of our healers offspecs). We killed him on 91 energy before his first cast. A few posts above someone said they did roughly the same yet with much less dps. They probably took more ranged or something. So don't try to gauge your dps on that particular fight mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Charles
    OP, you rbest bet is to look at raid progression and base your gear/dps from that.
    If you have equal or current lvl gear that would make ToC 10 pointless to near pointless to run (No upgrades) than yes, you will be fine for ICC 10. If you are fresh Nax 10 with a mix of Uld 10 lvl gear than no, you need to gear up a bit.
    You can however farm the hell out of the new dungeons in heroic modes, get a hilt drop (Free epic weapon ftw) to outfit your toons if you are not sure about being able to run ICC 10. Once you have everything you need from that (and a few items from ToC 10/new badge gear) you will be fine.
    Keep in mind, you can STILL pull enough dps for ICC 10 without all said gear, but this should save you the pain in the ass responses from "733t" players who decide to wowheroes you.
    Hope
    I tend to agree.
    Funny thing is that via Blizz and going by wow-heros.com, it shows that at a Gs of 2500, one should be trying to get in and do Ony 25, Trial Of the Crusader 25 and Icc 10. There is a bar showing such. Now I was on my mage which has a gs of 2585. My dps was slamming in ICC10 when I got pugged into one. I was 3rd top dps on first boss (though never having been to ICC 10 b4 and after having read all the confusing things on the web about the fight) I still couldn’t figure out how to not get killed. I asked the raid leader what I was doing wrong. They gave me their advice, so I did it and died faster than what I was doing b4. Anyway with a gs of 2585 and doing right at or a little over 3.5k overall dps going by recount, we downed the first boss. Mind you I was 3rd top dps and the other two that were doing more, were only 4.1 to 4.2k dps. Everyone else was in the mid 3.5k dps and we did it just fine. After the third boss though, people started bailing, so I didn’t get to go further.
    The problem with getting into ICC 10 is that people don’t’ want to have to work at playing their toon anymore. Or they whine and tell you that they aren’t going to help unless whomever, pays their repair bill because it might cost them 100g (this was a qq I saw typed in trade to me when I was putting the raid together and asking for a tank) I promptly replied, Fine don’t’ help us play the game, I’m sure that sooner or later I will find a person with a tank, willing to help us and I’m sorry it’s so hard for you to make gold for repairs in this gold easy making game! I can make 100 gold just messing around for 30 min doing various dailies. Sorry you don’t have that knowledge and ability. Have a nice day!
    Any way:
    We had to work to down that first, second and third boss. We didn’t walk in with 2 tanks, two healers and six dps all of which were doing 7k to 9k dps or had 2800 0r higher gs. It wasn’t just a tank and spank like people want. We had to be careful. We each had to watch our moves and yes, we had vent with one person that knew the fights well and was choreographing everyone.
    You don’t need that much to do ICC 10. You don’t need a 2800 + gs to do ICC 10. You do need a grp of people though, willing to play the game, have fun with it and that’s it. No, you can’t take a new level 80 into it or even a 2400 gs individual toon Well you can if your’e really wanting to help em get gear and everyone is doing enough dps to carry what theat can’t do), but you can do it, so long as all dps is doing 3.5k. And that folks! can be achieved by any class with a gs of 2600. How do I know!
    I have two 80 hunters, one 80 Prot Pali (tank and no it doesn’t quite get to the dps but it’s geared enough to tank Icc 10), one 80 Warrior Tank, One 80 Warloc, One 80 Balance Druid, One 80 sPriest, one 80 Mage and an 80 Shaman plus many other toons I’m still working on to get to 80. I’ve been playing this game way b4 BC. But All 7 of the dps classes I own, do 3.5 + dps (+ meaning that in Heroic instances most do 1k to 1.5k more) and none of those 7 are much above 2600 gs atm. Sure there are people with 2600 gs that can do more dps and good for them, they have it figured out better than I do. But the whole point to this is to say: Stop with not helping others! If they have a GS of 2600 then pug one in. The game is not about being in a clique (guild where only guild members who suck up to the raid leaders in said guild get the chance), it’s about playing and working together period, guild or no guild.
    I just wished I’d have waited to level my toons to 80 instead of busting my backside in the beginning. Now new 80s that que in the Random looking for group get carried by those 2400 + Gs folks still trying to get more frost and triumph badges. Lucky them! Am I complaining! Well sorta. But it’s at me because I didn’t have the foresight to see it coming and not wait. But I am not complaining because I’m helping /carrying others now. This is a game, not a life and death real life struggle, it’s not a job that pays my bills, nor am I so much more interested in my gloating prowess (like so many are) as I am just trying to learn to play the game as I go. I will have fun in it even if I wipe and die ten thousand times during the course of playing it. When you die, you can see if maintenance has been sweeping the instance floors.
    And In Gun’ Drake just yesterday, after being laid out on the floor, I saw dirt in the tile cracks and plants were starting to grow!

15+ Year Old Account

Locking as a necro.