Poll: What is Your opinion on ICC difficulty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: ICC difficulty.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: ICC difficulty.

Its okey. My guild downed Festergut once.
    Since theres still at least half a year left to kill arthas and everything thats (not) living in ICC, its pretty much okey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    You cant be serious?

guilds spent weeks/months wiping on hydross, the first boss in SSC.........

The issues here were largely due to tauntability I would assume. Pretty much nothing was tauntable in BC raids. I'm wondering how some of these instances would be if you weren't able to taunt (excluding the tank switch fights). Now I'm wondering how some of the BC bosses would have been if they weren't immune to taunt.

As for the difficulty of ICC, the first wing seemed good for our raid. We had cleared 2/5 heroic ToC reliably and had made decent progress on the twins only once or twice due to faction champs. We wiped a bit the first day on Lady due to not having a proper distribution of dps on adds/boss for the dps we did. Gunship was easy, we wiped a bit on saurfang due to having too many marks from less ranged dps for the adds I'd assume.

The Princes etc wing just came out this week and we haven't downed festergut on 25man yet since it's hard to get our best crew together as of recently. For solid groups with a good raid comp it shouldn't take long. Rotface we've only seen on 10man, it doesn't seem bad, but you need to have people paying attention and get some wipes in while gaining experience with the oozes after you get the disease. I can't say as to the difficulty of putricide yet. For raids which can't always have a good setup and may be missing raid buffs, it may be tuned somewhat high, but if you can get a reliable setup, it seems appropriate (the wing with Putricide).

It will be interesting to see opinions on the new wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaena
    The issues here were largely due to tauntability I would assume. Pretty much nothing was tauntable in BC raids. I'm wondering how some of these instances would be if you weren't able to taunt (excluding the tank switch fights). Now I'm wondering how some of the BC bosses would have been if they weren't immune to taunt.

WTB more TBC players

This new generation of WotLK players makes me really, really, sadfacepanda :/
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Quote Originally Posted by foralexlul
    Before 3.3 patch my realm had 2 guilds that killed anub hm . First week of ICC release like 12 guilds cleared the first 4 bosses in icc . We still have 2 guilds that did anub hm only even with all the massive gear upgrades and about 15 guilds that reached putricide according to wowprogress .
    That's because ICC is supposed to be in line with TOC, TOGC will be in line with HICC

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    You cant be serious?

guilds spent weeks/months wiping on hydross, the first boss in SSC.........

Only due to needing frost/nature resist.

Once tanks were willing to get it the fight was a joke. Let him get 3(4? Been awhile), cross him over, get adds and aoe them, dps boss. Oh hard.

Hydross was a crap joke.. the only hard thing was gearing the tanks, and the fact that threat was a big issue when dots could easily overaggro.
    Trying to explain people to don't fulldot on phasechange was the issue there :<.

such harsh words in here sometimes oO

As for ICC10: fairly easy first wing, more challenge in the second (fester, rot and putri), I love the feel of the place more then anything, and for a guild that has been doing 10 mans and stepping up to 25's late in Toc time it was pretty ok tuned, most of us read up on abilities, had a few whipes before people started doing the right things, biggest dissapointment in terms of "challenge" is the gunship, thats like free loot, they could just place the chest and teleport us to Sar (tough I find the fight fun so I aint really complaining there)

25, harder in terms of "more to think about", we used about 7 tries on Marrowgar first time, mostly to get the healers to wake up (offtanks where dying, fixed by giving each a paladin and a beacon), lady D was a "big" challenge for us until we got the groups sorted and people woken up (for some reason CC'ing MC'ed people = kill them and after mc it's a good thing to check if you got righteous fury or Frost pressence on).
    Gunship battle, whiped first time since well laggggggggg, the kind that made it look like everyone was falling between the boats when jumping and instant attacks had 6 sec casting, but when the lag settled it's even more of a joke then 10 man in term of challenge.
    Lil'cleave was again a challenge for us and I think we used two nights to kill him, and probably about 15 try's
    Mostly due to overeager melee's getting aggro of bloodbeasts and thus getting us more marks then you can handle, when we killed him we "only" had 4 marks (used DI on two with SS on paladins).

Havent tried more then three times on the BPC encounter in the new wing, we have skipped the plague part due to abit of a coordination and dps issue

Well thats my view of it for us over at Multifail!

Basically the first wing of ICC is quite easy. Most raiding guilds should be able to clear this and it should even be puggable on most servers.

The second and third wings non-attempt bosses (Festergut, Rotface, Blood Princes) are also still relatively easy, but require slightly more coordination or dps as the first wing bosses.

The final bosses of second and third wing are moderately hard partially becuase of the limited attempts. Guild who cleared Hardmode ToC or progressed in Hardmode ToC shouldn't have any issues killing these bosses either. But guilds who struggled on hardmode ToC might struggle a bit on these bosses too.

So the difficulty progression in ICC is pretty nice so far. Easy bosses in beginning of instances and harder bosses later on, so that the more "casual" raiding guilds can still see the majority of the place easily, while the more "hardcore" raiding guilds still have a bit of a challenge on normal modes on the end bosses of the various wings.

I think its tuned perfectly. Its not difficult enough to really bother any hardcore guilds on normal mode, but its hard enough to keep the casuals out until the raid wide buff and they get more gear. I find gunship to be one of my favourite fights ever and putricide as well as blood queen are quite difficult.

All in all its rather easy at the current time but saying this i dont think we'll say the same on hardmode, hopefully

The bosses that have been released so far are quite hard but very doable. All it really takes are players who know how to react in certain situations and who can remember tactics (+ proper gear).

Luckily we have Hard Mode waiting for us and I have a feeling I'll be crying my eyes out when I wipe for the 9001th time on Lord Marrowgar hard mode in the future.
    O Nos! Your signature is gone. Please read The Rules to find out why.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cliste
    Luckily we have Hard Mode waiting for us and I have a feeling I'll be crying my eyes out when I wipe for the 9001th time on Lord Marrowgar hard mode in the future.
    I can't wait! =P

I like how Blizz adjusts difficulty for "older" ICC content.
    Marrowgar and Deathwhisper were hard in the first week and got nerfed from week to week. Same for other bosses. It seems that only the recent stage is intended to be challenging. I like it. There ist no need to proof week by week that you can master old content.
    That way good guilds still have their "last known encounter" to bite on and the other bosses are still puggable. Great!

Putricide and Bloodlady could be a bit harder, but without a counter. It´s fun to try different strategies, but with the counter you have to stick with known and proven tactics. However you do it, progress raiding time is cut to at most two days per ID. I don´t like that way to level out progress for "pros" and casuals. Whatever, leaves us time to get some more Val'anyrs. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Peng
    I like how Blizz adjusts difficulty for "older" ICC content.
    Marrowgar and Deathwhisper were hard in the first week and got nerfed from week to week. Same for other bosses. It seems that only the recent stage is intended to be challenging. I like it. There ist no need to proof week by week that you can master old content.
    That way good guilds still have their "last known encounter" to bite on and the other bosses are still puggable. Great!

Putricide and Bloodlady could be a bit harder, but without a counter. It´s fun to try different strategies, but with the counter you have to stick with known and proven tactics. However you do it, progress raiding time is cut to at most two days per ID. I don´t like that way to level out progress for "pros" and casuals. Whatever, leaves us time to get some more Val'anyrs. ^^
    true, but the nerfing should wait a little longer
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

I was quite surprised to see how many people have not done ICC yet.
    Tbh I was expecting a lot to say lootbags.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

So far i think its easy enough on the bosses ive healed on my Shaman (up to putricide) been working alot lately so aint tried new ones but so far its good imo. Great looking raid imo, but i really think i want to say how it hard or easy it is for real when all bosses are out